Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 4/22/2023 at 9:26 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

When two of the six preset radio stations in my car are both playing Hotel California. 

the-big-lebowski-hate-the-fucking-eagles

On 4/22/2023 at 10:28 AM, mininghorn88 said:

Reminds me of the ‘70s and early ‘80s trucker movies where the truckers block the police from catching the “Bandit”.

3c1a11ee-8afc-4d62-bb51-e0ffa2575b52_tex

On 4/24/2023 at 6:17 AM, slorch said:

When all 6 local presets are talking about greasy stools or 96* month car notes.

*only slightly exaggerating 

Read “presets” as priests, only realized my mistake when the car notes didn’t make sense. Think I need a third cup of coffee.

Freaking American Airlines. We’re in San Diego for a wedding.  We were booked on a 7:15 am flight this morning back to DFW. At the reception last night we got the notification the flight had been canceled. Not delayed, outright cancelled. 

The wait time to talk to an agent was 2.5-3.5 hours.  And I have platinum status. What a joke. They force you to DIY, on the app or website.

I’m severely claustrophobic, so have to have an aisle seat. When rebooking, it won’t let you check the seat situation before booking the new flight. Of course the flight I choose has nothing but center seats. I had to go through 4 different re-bookings until I found one with an aisle seat. Instead of getting in at noon today we get in at 6:30. 

My claustrophobia also makes me very surly. I hate it. It’s getting worse as I get older too, like my dad.  Can’t sit in a center or a window seat on an airplane. Can’t sit in the back seat of any car. Couldn’t go into the tunnels when we went to Israel last year. 

Edited by nnm

36 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

85fbefea3a9744f1fe93f71af899b28e.jpg

Fuck this worthless invention. Whoever invented these should be in jail. They peel effectively maybe 1% of the time before i end up using my thumb.

That’s what a pocketknife is for. 

• Like 2

Wasp and Hornet spray is not as effective as it once was.

I remember spraying wasps and they would die instantly. Now I spray them and they wiggle around until they die.

Either the spray has changed or there is a new killer wasp invading my house.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nnm said:

Freaking American Airlines. We’re in San Diego for a wedding.  We were booked on a 7:15 am flight this morning back to DFW. At the reception last night we got the notification the flight had been canceled. Not delayed, outright cancelled. 

The wait time to talk to an agent was 2.5-3.5 hours.  And I have platinum status. What a joke. They force you to DIY, on the app or website.

I’m severely claustrophobic, so have to have an aisle seat. When rebooking, it won’t let you check the seat situation before booking the new flight. Of course the flight I choose has nothing but center seats. I had to go through 4 different re-bookings until I found one with an aisle seat. Instead of getting in at noon today we get in at 6:30. 

My claustrophobia also makes me very surly. I hate it. It’s getting worse as I get older too, like my dad.  Can’t sit in a center or a window seat on an airplane. Can’t sit in the back seat of any car. Couldn’t go into the tunnels when we went to Israel last year. 

I've never done this myself, but it's not uncommon for FFers to arrange alternate flights themselves (ie outside of the ticketing carriers default options), and then getting it reimbursed later.  In case of irrops, it's within the bounds of carriers to go outside the partner network, so it wouldnt be a "tough" fight to get the money back.

Get yourself to where you need to be first, and let them sort it out later. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 8:23 AM, nnm said:

Thanks for the trigger! I'm getting the same way about claustrophobia. I have to travel next week and take one of the little 1 seat on the left/2 on the right puddle jumpers to DFW. Now I'm thinking about how small that plane really is.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Antidean said:

I remember spraying wasps and they would die instantly. Now I spray them and they wiggle around until they die.

Super mutant wasps and hornets have become immune. Good luck.

That's what the match is for.
902f0a07d668de6632ec45c49f37e5ca.jpg

I ordered a tiny part for my car on 4-22, got the email on 4-24 that it had shipped. I track it the next day to see an ETA, it just says the label had been created, the package hadn't actually been taken by the USPS. That's ok, I can wait. I track it again yesterday and it still hadn't left. So after it still hadn't left this morning, I send an email, nothing snarky just "Hey what's up?". I hadn't got a reply yet but I tracked the package again after waiting an hour and 8 minutes after I sent the email, my package was miraculously on it's way to my house. You know some fucker read the email and said "Oh shit" and threw the box out the door.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

Reading a post above reminded me of the pathetic state of customer support, specifically phone support.

First step, good luck getting someone on the phone without having to navigate a phone tree the size of Treaty Oak (pre-poisoning).

Then you'll wait 20 minutes minimum on hold.

During the hold you'll be told "Thank you for calling. We're experiencing extended hold times. Customer support is available online at www.WeHateOurCustomers.fuckoff where the reason you're calling isn't addressed and has no helpful information whatsoever"

Finally, after 63 repeats of the above and being told the call is very important to them, you'll get a jaded, disinterested zombie who can't understand your question.

Once they do they'll transfer you to the right department, and the call disconnects. Return to step one.

True story.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 6

Reading a post above reminded me of the pathetic state of customer support, specifically phone support.
First step, good luck getting someone on the phone without having to navigate a phone tree the size of Treaty Oak (pre-poisoning).
Then you'll wait 20 minutes minimum on hold.
During the hold you'll be told "Thank you for calling. We're experiencing extended hold times. Customer support is available online at www.WeHateOurCustomers.fuckoff where the reason you're calling isn't addressed and has no helpful information whatsoever"
Finally, after 63 repeats of the above and being told the call is very important to them, you'll get a jaded, disinterested zombie who can't understand your question.
Once they do they'll transfer you to the right department, and the call disconnects. Return to step one.
True story.
They also tell you that you can keep your place in line and they will call you back once your turn comes. Whatever that needs to be done to get you off the phone.
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

I ordered a tiny part for my car on 4-22, got the email on 4-24 that it had shipped. I track it the next day to see an ETA, it just says the label had been created, the package hadn't actually been taken by the USPS. That's ok, I can wait. I track it again yesterday and it still hadn't left. So after it still hadn't left this morning, I send an email, nothing snarky just "Hey what's up?". I hadn't got a reply yet but I tracked the package again after waiting an hour and 8 minutes after I sent the email, my package was miraculously on it's way to my house. You know some fucker read the email and said "Oh shit" and threw the box out the door.

It's something endemic with car part places - this shit seems to happen even with merchants that make a big point of telling you what is (allegedly) currently in stock on their website. 

I've just resigned myself to assuming that it will take longer than expected and hoping to be occasionally pleasantly surprised. 

My retired dad and my 3 year old nephew are both in the habit of scrolling through these tiktok / youtube short microvideos. Most of them have stupid songs attached to them. 

If youre in the vicinity of this braindead activity, you hear random music/noise changing every 4 seconds. Sometimes they repeat the same video….and ill hear that fucking Sia line over and over again

“I put my armor on, show you how strong I am….I put my armor on, show you how strong I am…I put my armor on, show you how strong I am….”

Makes me want to throw their phone through a fucking window. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 5/3/2023 at 6:57 PM, 52-80 said:

My retired dad and my 3 year old nephew are both in the habit of scrolling through these tiktok / youtube short microvideos. Most of them have stupid songs attached to them.

Starting to get pretty peeved about my dad doing this this because it's such a degenerative exercise.  I wish he would atleast get obsessed his 1 specific thing , like... i dont know, get into a 3 hour long youtube documentary about WW2 or watch some dude build an outhouse or something.

This thing of sitting down and just swiping endlessly through random staged, clickbait videos is so goddamn regressive and deprave.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/5/2023 at 10:09 PM, elfenix said:

Motherfuckers with one working brake light. Especially mother fuckers with one working brake light and huge stickers admonishing others for bad driving.

77ee5020faa22286ef948eb39518868b.jpg

That’s a little overkill for increasing your odds of getting out of a ticket.  

• Haha 2

Passengers that aren’t ready to get out of the car when the car is parked at a store.

Every time I drive somewhere, the passenger waits until I’m halfway out the door, sometimes am waiting outside, before she starts to put shoes back on, puts stuff back in her purse, stop texting/whatever. 

She can see we’re getting close to the destination.

And if you go ahead and go into the store without waiting on her, guess who the jerk is?

By “passenger” I mean wife of course  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1