Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

I’ve fucked up the flange twice trying to replace the wax ring for our toilets, plumbers called each time for repair.  

Y’all fat…

lol. Probably not true, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

I might fuck with plumbing, worst that can happen is I fuck it up and cost myself money, but I will not fuck with electricity. I'm calling a pro for everything more complicated than "plug this into the outlet."

Same here.  I can do basic shit like a ceiling fan or a garbage disposal, but when you start getting into a real shit that will burn the house down, I’m not touching it.

Edited by slorch

I got more into woodworking and some light carpentry when Covid-19 started.  Did some projects with my oldest that was fun.  Gonna be put to the test later this week when I attempt to replace two eaves on our home that lost their flashing in a storm and got water-logged.  I'm decent at mechanical stuff, not great---need to get better.  Thanks to my FIL training me, I'm good at electrical.  Even dropped a 220 into our garage awhile back.  Replaced a lot of wiring over the years.  

But fuck me, I still suck at plumbing.  After installing new toilets and sinks ourselves, I'm still a fuckup at it.  I have to admit, when something goes sideways in our house with regard to plumbing, I call my wife.  That I somehow kept all our pipes from freezing during February is still a blur to me.  But we did it.  But if a toilet was running right now, and I think that one is, I'd just jiggle the handle and then plead with her to make it stop.

33 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think the main issue with plumbing is that things behave very differently when the water is off vs. when the water is on. Electrical work is more dangerous but you kind of either fuck it up or you don't. 

This. And if you fuck up electricity, it doesn't work. Go back, try again. If plumbing fucks up, you flood your house or shit goes everywhere.

3 hours ago, Llogg said:

I might fuck with plumbing, worst that can happen is I fuck it up and cost myself money, but I will not fuck with electricity. I'm calling a pro for everything more complicated than "plug this into the outlet."

My mom's father was an electrician. He was also completely colorblind, as in he couldn't see anything but gray. He passed his shitty eye condition down to me, I think it's the only thing he ever gave me. Thanks, gramps. 

10 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Please, please, please post pics.  I have some FB groups I wanna cross pollinate with that stuff.

What Facebook group are you on that you want to "Cross-Pollinate" with photographs of me replacing some eaves?  A man's eaves are his business, dammit! 

I'm middle aged and afraid of heights and you want me to take a go-pro up to the roof to document this project for your own twisted sense of holiday jolly? 

Okay, I'll do it but you're gonna have to trade me some bourbon or something.  One of 'em I can get to from an extension ladder.  Sadly, the other one...I gotta work on from my prone position on the upstairs.  You heathen.

On 12/20/2021 at 6:33 AM, davidg said:

Plumbing is easy, only gotta know 4 things:  Hot on the left/Cold on the right, Shit flows downhill, payday is Friday and don't bite your fingernails.  

The rule of plumbing is that if it’s too loose, it leaks. If it’s too tight, it leaks. 

Fuck plumbing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Bullshit legal marketing emails with transparent lies. 

"Greetings Storm the Field, we reached out to (insert partner name) about how we can help with SEO, social media marketing & client lead generation. He indicated you were the best person to speak with. Are you free for a 15 minute call later?"

Yeah, I'd put the odds of that having occurred at 0.0%.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2