Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

The "popped positive" or "popped hot" mentions in the covid threads. No, you tested positive for COVID. You got COVID. You were infected with COVID. Stop trying to sound like you're some sort of badass because you got sick.

40 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

The "popped positive" or "popped hot" mentions in the covid threads. No, you tested positive for COVID. You got COVID. You were infected with COVID. Stop trying to sound like you're some sort of badass because you got sick.

On you for reading the covid threads. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

welcome to the Winter of the Popped Hots

14 hours ago, elfenix said:

people who announce to the office that they're going to the restroom. every. god. damn. time.

A automatic timer recently got installed in my office shitter (I do not know who was asking) and it is timed too short for my morning shit. I don't know who decided the length for it, but it goes off right when I am about to wipe, necessitating some squirming on the throne to get it to come back on. No windows, so this is serious business and absolutely enrages me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Levi’s inconsistent sizing. I can understand a bit of inconsistency…maybe .5-.75 inches in a waist or inseam. But fuck, I just bought 2 pairs of the same size 514s and they fit dramatically different. One pair is so much smaller that I can’t get within 3 inches of buttoning them while the other one is a bit loose in the waist.

I don’t give a shit if one pair is made in Mexico and one in China. An inch is an inch anywhere in the world. It shouldn’t be this difficult to make pants the correct size.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Levi’s inconsistent sizing. I can understand a bit of inconsistency…maybe .5-.75 inches in a waist or inseam. But fuck, I just bought 2 pairs of the same size 514s and they fit dramatically different. One pair is so much smaller that I can’t get within 3 inches of buttoning them while the other one is a bit loose in the waist.

I don’t give a shit if one pair is made in Mexico and one in China. An inch is an inch anywhere in the world. It shouldn’t be this difficult to make pants the correct size.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

A simple mismatch in demand/supply fixed by sewing a different tag on the inventory.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Levis are turning into shit now.  I've only worn Levis since jr. high school, but the quality/quality control is just about gone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

A automatic timer recently got installed in my office shitter (I do not know who was asking) and it is timed too short for my morning shit. I don't know who decided the length for it, but it goes off right when I am about to wipe, necessitating some squirming on the throne to get it to come back on. No windows, so this is serious business and absolutely enrages me.

Fucking micromanaging bullshit. 

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This confuses me.  There is a timer on your office shitter that goes off when it decides that you have spent enough time on the throne?

27 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

This confuses me.  There is a timer on your office shitter that goes off when it decides that you have spent enough time on the throne?

Oh damn. I reread it and my rage made it confusing.

Someone installed a timer/motion sensor on the light so it goes out unless you’re moving and it’s timed way too short. 

21 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Oh damn. I reread it and my rage made it confusing.

Someone installed a timer/motion sensor on the light so it goes out unless you’re moving and it’s timed way too short. 

Same purpose as a "timer" - basically trying to speed up your bathroom breaks by turning the lights off for sitting on the crapper for too long. 

Boss Makes A Dollar GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

ever bought levis Shrink to Fit?  holy hell what the f

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Same purpose as a "timer" - basically trying to speed up your bathroom breaks by turning the lights off for sitting on the crapper for too long. 

Boss Makes A Dollar GIFs | Tenor

No one in our building is punching in and out.  We have been getting lots of reminders about the cost of energy and greening/sustainability.  That’s what it is, I think. 

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

No one in our building is punching in and out.  We have been getting lots of reminders about the cost of energy and greening/sustainability.  That’s what it is, I think. 

People don’t realize how much those motion sensors save. They are really easy to install and relativity cheap, so the ROI is huge.

If the added bonus is that it gets employees to stop shitting on company time, so be it. The real money maker is both the saved electricity and the LEED certification tax breaks they can get with them…

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

It's very much in the vernacular of prior service folks who laughed at the dumbasses who blew it on  a piss test.  It doesn't convey toughness or badassery at all.

Why you so skeered, mouse?

3 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

People who light up a cigarette upon exiting their vehicle and then walk maybe 100 feet to the entrance to a store to only then casually flick their still burning and barely smoked cigarette onto the ground.

In summary; People who litter.

Worse yet is when you’re a smoker and someone bums a cigarette from you then does something like that, littering or not. I don’t care if they crush it out in an ashtray, smoke the whole damn cigarette or don’t ask for one. 

HEB app and website tells you the aisle. 
app is named "My HEB" rather than "HEB" so, if you forget that, you start looking in the H's to find no HEB app which you swear you've downloaded
Happened to me several times. Then when I finally get to the app, it's set for pickup. So now I have to figure out how to change that shit.

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Worse yet is when you’re a smoker and someone bums a cigarette from you then does something like that, littering or not. I don’t care if they crush it out in an ashtray, smoke the whole damn cigarette or don’t ask for one. 

Back when I smoked if I was smoking and someone asked to bum a cigarette I would always respond with sorry I don’t smoke

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Back when I smoked if I was smoking and someone asked to bum a cigarette I would always respond with sorry I don’t smoke

Should go full Cousin Eddie on Clark and give them the cig you were smoking and light up a new one for yourself.

• Haha 2

I need to combine some large documents in Word and maintain the original formatting, headers, page numbering etc. and it's driving me fucking insane. Why can't Word just merge two separate documents into one while keeping all the shit the way it was? I swear this was easier with Word circa 1997 than it is with Word 2019.

• Rage+1 3

3 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

I need to combine some large documents in Word and maintain the original formatting, headers, page numbering etc. and it's driving me fucking insane. Why can't Word just merge two separate documents into one while keeping all the shit the way it was? I swear this was easier with Word circa 1997 than it is with Word 2019.

So would you say you need to jam the two papers together?  I'll show myself out.

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2022 at 8:46 AM, CooterBrown said:

Damn it, I hate that shit and Levi's are the worst about it.

On 12/20/2021 at 8:16 AM, Underdog said:

I’ve fucked up the flange twice trying to replace the wax ring for our toilets, plumbers called each time for repair.  

Just do what our Facilities Dept did. Run a bead of silicone around the base. Problem solved and they didn't even have to untighten the bolts.

I got a new bed delivered and set up on Dec 27.  They claimed not to have been given the right parts to make it platform and it was set up for a box spring, so my bed has been extremely low until they could come out to fix it.

They came out on Wednesday (Jan 12), he took the mattress off and immediately realized the guys who installed it stripped 80% of the hardware.  So he had to call in an order for new hardware and now I have to wait longer.

Trivial because the bed is fine otherwise, just very low to the ground.  Surly because I waited 4 weeks to get it and they "claimed" not to have been given the part but the second guy said they probably lied and realized they stripped the hardware and didn't want to admit it. He said he knows what crew works this area and reported them - I was just going to let it go. 

Edited by Js1

On 1/7/2022 at 4:59 PM, Fudbelty said:

I renewed this year and had to have a Birth Certificate or Passport. How the fuck did I get and keep my license 25 years without ever verifying that stuff?

My wife needed two forms of ID- one of which could be an expired DL.

If an expired license can be a valid form of ID, then why does she need to get a new one?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife needed two forms of ID- one of which could be an expired DL.
If an expired license can be a valid form of ID, then why does she need to get a new one?

I had my expired license with me but nothing else. Crazy thing was in the middle of this license period I had lost my wallet. They re issued the license with only a marriage license and work id.

6 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Advertising in fortune cookies is unreasonably enraging to me in the first place, but this one really takes the cake given the whole "eating dog" thing. 

20220116_151214.jpg

Dogecoin (DOGE) is a peer-to-peer, open-source cryptocurrency. It is considered an altcoin and an almost sarcastic meme coin. Launched in December 2013, Dogecoin has the image of a Shiba Inu dog as its logo. ... Notable features of Dogecoin, which uses a scrypt algorithm, are its low price and unlimited supply.Dec 14, 2021
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/dogecoin.asp#:~:text=Dogecoin (DOGE) is a peer,Inu dog as its logo.&text=Notable features of Dogecoin%2C which,low price and unlimited supply.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, nnm said:

Dogecoin (DOGE) is a peer-to-peer, open-source cryptocurrency. It is considered an altcoin and an almost sarcastic meme coin. Launched in December 2013, Dogecoin has the image of a Shiba Inu dog as its logo. ... Notable features of Dogecoin, which uses a scrypt algorithm, are its low price and unlimited supply.Dec 14, 2021
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/dogecoin.asp#:~:text=Dogecoin (DOGE) is a peer,Inu dog as its logo.&text=Notable features of Dogecoin%2C which,low price and unlimited supply.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1