Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

3 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Dolores ?

Nope, name's Clint.  T. Clint Orvis.  But I go by Clint.  And yes, I'm an heir to the Orvis outfitter fortune.

Edited by Lobo

On 11/27/2021 at 4:16 PM, Superhero said:

Passive aggressive people...

We went to LEGOLand yesterday with another family yesterday. We see a photo op moment and get in line. There's another group who is kinda standing off to the side, not really in line.

We take our family photos, and ask the people next group of people if they can take a photo of our two families together. The man just walked by saying "No, not going to take you photo because you guys cut in line.". My wife, who's usually very nice, said almost apologetically "Oh, I didn't know you were line." The little bitch's wife said "Well, we were, and you guys just cut in front of us."

At which point, I turned around to face them and said, rather loudly. "Wow, kinda passive aggressive huh?." The wife was huffing and puffing, but didn't say anything.

Personally, when people cut in front of me, I call them out right away and tell them to get behind me. I don't wait for them to finish what they're doing, and THEN get mad at them for being being unaware, oblivious, rude, etc. It's what an adult should do instead of acting like passive-aggressive bitch men.

Today at lunch I went to the grocery store to pick up some bread and crap that i use to make my lunches at work. I walk up to the line with 5 or 6 things in my carrying basket thing. There are two people in line, plus a third guy who is kind of hanging back looking at his phone. As I'm kind of standing there, the two people in line become one, and there is space on the conveyor belt for the next person to unload. I wait a moment, and guy with the phone never looks up, so I start unloading. After a couple of minutes, he finally looks up and says "hey, I was in line". By this time, the cashier is working on my groceries.

My response: "sorry man, I didn't realize you were in line."

There were a few more splutters but I just ignored him.

23 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Name the damn kid what you're gonna call him. One of my college friends named their kid something like Michael Bradley Smith and they call him Bradley. Then fucking name him Bradley Smith.

OTOH I think it is good to give your kid a usable middle name in case they don't like their first name. Ran into a HS friend of mine who did that, nobody who knows him now calls him what we all grew up calling him. My middle name is some French bullshit family name that nobody could pronounce anyway. Thanks a lot.

On 11/30/2021 at 7:48 PM, conVINCEd said:

Just saw someone driving the wrong way down a semi-major DFW area street with their lights off.  After I picked up 2 bags and headed back home their car had knocked over a light pole.  Cops already on the scene.

Nobody knows how to operate their fucking headlights. I'm 0 for the last 100 people I flashed my lights at driving around in the dark. "Why is that dude flashing me?" You somehow managed to override your impossible-to-override headlights. Turn them on or pull off, park, and start over.

edit: Dumbass quoted the wrong post.

Edited by GringoSalado

dude at work has last 7 weeks of year to choose retirement party.  Not only does he choose a fucking Saturday, but it  is Army-Navy Day.

Unaware motherfucker...

I should show up drunk AF, directly from watching the game.  Alas, I am his boss, and must respectfully comply...

Edited by slorch

On a separate note, fuck people who use "went" for the past perfect tense.  It is the simple past tense and you sound like a dumb fuck.  For example, the aggy said "I was smart enough to have went to tu if I wanted to".  Not only is that grammatically incorrect, it's factually incorrect.  So all you dumbasses who use "went" for the past perfect tense sound like hillbilly sheep fuckers.

Don't even get me started on that entire "Be like" bullshit.

/WhiteGuy

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Getting whatever stomach bug your kiddo brings home from daycare.   Currently on Day 3 of pissing out of my ass and mild on again off again fever.   I’m tired, boss 

53 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

No worries. Only like 3.5 more months to go

I got sick (mostly sniffles) for almost a year when my son first started preschool. I swear the next corona virus is going to start from a daycare / preschool. 

28 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Mobile phone providers only want to give you a deal if you add a line. Am I supposed to produce another child or take in a stray grandparent or something? I don't need another fucking line, I want a new phone. 

Sell. Me. A. Phone.

I don't know if you're Android or iPhong, however I paid around $ 280 for a new Samsung A32 via Best Buy.  Unlocked... no bloatware.  If that's within your budget, go for it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

I don't know if you're Android or iPhong, however I paid around $ 280 for a new Samsung A32 via Best Buy.  Unlocked... no bloatware.  If that's within your budget, go for it.

This.  I haven't bought a phone from a carrier in about 10 years.  Every phone I buy, I buy directly from Apple or a retailer.  You get screwed by buying from the carriers.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/10/2021 at 4:40 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Delivery people who don't seem to understand how doors open. Don't stack the shit right in front of where the door obviously opens, assholes. 

When my daughters (no pics) played volleyball, I was always amazed at how many people would open door, walk into gym, let door close and then stand in front of doors completely unaware that they had stopped blocking the way. Or set up their chairs in from of the doors. WTF, people?

• Rage+1 2

23 minutes ago, Anwar Namtut said:

When my daughters (no pics) played volleyball, I was always amazed at how many people would open door, walk into gym, let door close and then stand in front of doors completely unaware that they had stopped blocking the way. Or set up their chairs in from of the doors. WTF, people?

Yeah, there's definitely some common kind of weird cognitive failure involving gymnasium doors. 

Or perhaps there's just a high concentration of morons found in or near gyms. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Anwar Namtut said:

I understand not posting pics of your daughters But we at least get pics of her teammates in their volleyball shorts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Sandman said:

Trying to navigate around all of the christmas decor in our house, I stubbed my toe and rolled my ankle. There's no one else at the house to bitch at, either. 

That’s just time to kill a ceramic Santa… she will never miss it.

1 hour ago, mininghorn88 said:

When you are at a public toilet and you line the toilet ring with toilet paper or the pre-made sheet and the auto flush feature comes on and sucks the barrier away before you have a chance to sit down.

What magical power of sanitation do you think the liner possesses? My guess is that the presence or absence of the liner or TP lining the seat is immaterial from a sanitation perspective. Purely psychosomatic. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Probably trying to hide the fact that the piece of power they just picked up for you was titled in bold “the Fist & the Starfish (an erotica novella by H.R. Schenker)”

they were helping you be more discrete.  

the cover art did not help!

On 12/5/2021 at 4:54 PM, HRSchenker said:

Name the damn kid what you're gonna call him. One of my college friends named their kid something like Michael Bradley Smith and they call him Bradley. Then fucking name him Bradley Smith.

Fuck you.

I just HAD to be named after my dad, making me a "Jr".  I don't understand, he hated the name too, but gave it to me.  I always went by my middle name and kicked anyone's ass who called me by my horrible first name.

Side note: almost wound up named after my grandfather and dad, would have been William Wallace.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Fuck you.

I just HAD to be named after my dad, making me a "Jr".  I don't understand, he hated the name too, but gave it to me.  I always went by my middle name and kicked anyone's ass who called me by my horrible first name.

Side note: almost wound up named after my grandfather and dad, would have been William Wallace.

I'm named after my dad but I have a different middle name, so I'm not a junior. But any of my dad's collegues or friends that would meet me would say "oh, you must be Jr" to which I'd say no. They could not grasp the idea.

• Haha 1

Brother goes by his middle name, to the point that many even in the family forget it's his middle name.  It does come in handy when someone calls and asks for dude by his first name...he knows instantly that they don't know who the hell they're speaking with.

Yep, that's one of the other perks of going by middle name.  Plus the majority of people butcher the pronunciation of our last name.  So a scam call is easy to spot.  

Of course, the downside is I give it at a food counter for some to-go, I give 'em the name for the order, and then I get some $9/hour barely literate millennial who invariably asks, "Is that your real name?" 

"Yes, my parents wrote it on my birth certificate and sent it off to the government when I was born, they did it again when I was baptized with the same name weeks later.  Your nametag says, 'Sparkles'...and you're gonna ask me about the legitimacy of my name?"

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yep, that's one of the other perks of going by middle name.  Plus the majority of people butcher the pronunciation of our last name.  So a scam call is easy to spot.  

Of course, the downside is I give it at a food counter for some to-go, I give 'em the name for the order, and then I get some $9/hour barely literate millennial who invariably asks, "Is that your real name?" 

"Yes, my parents wrote it on my birth certificate and sent it off to the government when I was born, they did it again when I was baptized with the same name weeks later.  Your nametag says, 'Sparkles'...and you're gonna ask me about the legitimacy of my name?"

I used to operate my company under the name XXXXX  XXXXXX Design.  I used to get spam calls all the time asking for Mr. Design.

• Haha 3

Haven't been in a liquor store in a while, but what in god's name happened to whiskey?  Fucking gimmicky, flavored shit is everywhere; peach, vanilla, honey, etc. That might be tolerable for something like a schnapps or a wine cooler, but whiskey? What reputable distiller of spirits would even entertain such an idea? The damage to your brand's reputation isn't worth whatever additional revenue it may bring in. Whiskey is supposed to taste like gasoline and charred wood, stop trying to fancy it up.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

when you go to a meeting, (yes, we are having in person meetings now), and the person running the show delays the start past the scheduled start time "to give everybody a few minutes to get here".

I'm going to add:

...and then the meeting goes past the time its supposed to end.

(yes, I'm in a got damned meeting that is supposed to end in 5 minutes and we haven't covered half the agenda yet. And yes, we started late because assholes were late.)

10 hours ago, slorch said:

Brother goes by his middle name, to the point that many even in the family forget it's his middle name.  It does come in handy when someone calls and asks for dude by his first name...he knows instantly that they don't know who the hell they're speaking with.

My uncle went by Jim.  His name was Albert Owen (mylastname).

I think I was in my 30s before I found out his real name since NO ONE ever called anything but Jim.

Turns out that his father, during WWI, was in the Army and someone in his outfit said he didn't look like an Albert, he looked like a Jim and it stuck.  So, when my uncle was born (he was the oldest), he got named after my grandpa and apparently the nickname came with it...