Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Since it's October and the baseball playoffs are in full swing (pun intended), there should not be champagne celebrations after every round.  It's absolutely stupid and I can't stand it.  There should only be one champagne shower and it should be for the team that wins the World Series. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Since it's October and the baseball playoffs are in full swing (pun intended), there should not be champagne celebrations after every round.  It's absolutely stupid and I can't stand it.  There should only be one champagne shower and it should be for the team that wins the World Series. 

I don’t know much about baseball, but could they substitute some of the champagne showers for golden showers?

23 minutes ago, Hate said:

It's pretty ridiculous for clinching the division or winning a freakin' LDS.  But I'm a baseball purist, taking the pennant in baseball still means something.  Particularly because for so long the two leagues really did play different baseball and were relatively siloed from one another.  I guess that's been diluted down quite a bit in the last 25 years or so, but I think winning your league deserves some champagne, and then obviously blow it out for the World Series.  But yeah, beating a Wild Card team in 5 games in the LDS isn't something to go on a champagne bender about.  

Old Man Yells at Cloud---if it were up to me, we'd contract the league by a few teams, eliminate all the playoff spots/WC except top 2 records in each league play a 7 game LCS and then a 9 game World Series.  

51 minutes ago, Hate said:

Big Champagne would like to know your location

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hate said:

I'd allow for 2: winning a pennant and winning the whole thing.

You don't dogpile in college baseball just because you won a regional (unless you're a 3 or 4 seed, I guess).  Like you still have a lot more games to play. 

Yeah, I rather enjoy the post-season grind of college baseball, even the conference tournament.  But you gotta win your regional, then your super, then win your bracket in Omaha, just to make it to the Finals Series.  

However, in MLB...I find the expanded field and early rounds to be fucking annoying.  However, I am really looking forward to a 'Stros/Sox ALCS

Completely on board with fewer champagne celebrations. Pennant and WS makes sense. No other sport has formal locker room celebrations for every advanced step through the playoffs. MLB teams formally celebrate division clinches (or WC clinch), play-in game wins, LDS win, LCS win, and WS win. That’s 5 go-bonkers type parties in a 4 week stretch. 

13 hours ago, mchookem said:

every time i look up a recipe...why does everyone think you are interested in a full dish evolution backstory plus an in depth explanation on the emotional impact THIS specific type of paprika had when you were 12 years old?? plus 18 pictures in case you need visuals. 

JUST SHUT UP AND LIST THE INGREDIENTS, KAREN. OR CHAD.

this is why i still have a cookbook collection. 

Yes, I finally broke down and bought a pellet smoker a couple of months ago. I’m sure the purists here will turn up their noses, but it’s easy, and produces outstanding smoked meats. 
However, searching for recipes and instructions is maddening. Every one has a lengthy backstory and tons of completely irrelevant information. I have to scroll half the page just to get to something basic like temperature and time. 

On 10/14/2021 at 12:17 PM, Js1 said:

I'd allow for 2: winning a pennant and winning the whole thing.

You don't dogpile in college baseball just because you won a regional (unless you're a 3 or 4 seed, I guess).  Like you still have a lot more games to play. 

I think it depends on the team. If you're the Yankees or the Dodges: Pennant and WS only.

If you're the Mariners, as soon as you clinch a wild card spot.

If you're a Rangers fan (as I am) win #81 in the regular season seems like a good milestone.....

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/14/2021 at 10:18 AM, Hate said:

I would throw in an exception for winning the pennant.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:18 AM, Hate said:

Plus, don’t they get some kind of swag with each round? 

Division, Pennant, WS.  That’s it.  

Edited by Underdog

On 10/14/2021 at 10:18 AM, Hate said:

It's hard as hell to keep winning.( or to get started for that matter.)

Let em fucking party.  WGAF?

Edited by slorch

people who don't know how to zipper merge, either by merging too early, by getting mad at people merging at the correct point and not letting them in, or by sitting on the stripe and not letting anyone by. 

people who move from the middle lane into the right hand lane just at the point where the entrance ramp hits the right hand lane, just as you, merging on, need to go there. 

people who are getting onto the highway from a ramp lane trying to out brake you, exiting the highway onto the ramp lane with your signal on. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Paper_jam said:

Cottage cheese. Specifically, the highly variable consistency of it. Even within a given brand like Borden's or HEB, sometimes it's a runny, soupy mess, and at other times it's a thick, congealed lump with the consistency of drywall mud. 

And sometimes it’s on the back of the skank’s legs that you met at the bar and found out about it way too late.