Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

In the big scheme of things a burned out fridge light definitely ranks as trivial. Unless it’s out because the freezer light is out. And because all the lights are daisy chained LED’s, when one goes out, they all go out. So you track down the bum LED light for $85 and the damned thing ends up in Oregon and you are in Texas. Did we pass the trivial threshold yet?

62c2a2123e7688c38ddefea8426c03dd.jpg
I had a FedEx package make it all the way across the country to within 20 minutes of my front door only to be rerouted on a 2,000 mile roundtrip journey over the next week with no explanation.
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Okie State said:
On 9/29/2021 at 7:20 PM, HiggyBaby said:
In the big scheme of things a burned out fridge light definitely ranks as trivial. Unless it’s out because the freezer light is out. And because all the lights are daisy chained LED’s, when one goes out, they all go out. So you track down the bum LED light for $85 and the damned thing ends up in Oregon and you are in Texas. Did we pass the trivial threshold yet?

62c2a2123e7688c38ddefea8426c03dd.jpg

I had a FedEx package make it all the way across the country to within 20 minutes of my front door only to be rerouted on a 2,000 mile roundtrip journey over the next week with no explanation.

Do you even "air miles", bro?

• Like 1

Yeah, we had something on order from Houston (pre-Covid mind you) that got routed through Bangor, Maine.  True story. Some kinda reverse "Shawshank Redemption" ending bullshit was that?  

On 9/30/2021 at 4:15 PM, Superhero said:

Low beam in a garage. I backed my SUV in the spot this morning. Rear camera showed plenty of room, but crushes the shark fin antenna on the roof.

Let your husband drive next time.

back in Camera? Really

I avoid 2021-08-26, or 08/26/21. I work with many non-US people. To avoid the confusion about whether “08/12” means august 12 or December 8, I always just abbreviate the month. So a typical file name will be “surly diatribe nnm comments 26Aug21.”  
60% of the time, it works every time. 

File Name 20210826.xls
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Superhero said:

Yeah, why not use the tools you're given you fucking caveman.

Do you still use your abacus and tell time by the sun? In short, fuck you.

So you don't know how to drive...or tell time?  Possibly, it might be punctuation that fucks you up.

Continue sharing it with everyone.

Edited by slorch

Ice maker on the fridge has been kaput for a while.  Not gonna pay to get it fixed because past experience tells me that it will just break again (side note, don’t buy a Samsung refrigerator).  So I pick up a couple of bags of ice a few times a week.  I am not that familiar with the players in the ice game, but Reddy Ice seems to dominate the DFW market.  I picked up a couple this week, and they felt a little light.  Took a look at the bag, and they have changed the bag size from 10 pounds to 7 pounds.  Same price.

11 hours ago, slorch said:

So you don't know how to drive...or tell time?  Possibly, it might be punctuation that fucks you up.

Continue sharing it with everyone.

Well it’s obvious I should use the grammar and spelling check tool on my computer. Thanks for the reminder.

And oooh you’re such a fucking man. It must suck having to walk with balls that big. 

6 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Ice maker on the fridge has been kaput for a while.  Not gonna pay to get it fixed because past experience tells me that it will just break again (side note, don’t buy a Samsung refrigerator).  So I pick up a couple of bags of ice a few times a week.  I am not that familiar with the players in the ice game, but Reddy Ice seems to dominate the DFW market.  I picked up a couple this week, and they felt a little light.  Took a look at the bag, and they have changed the bag size from 10 pounds to 7 pounds.  Same price.

Find one of those water/ice huts.

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

Well it’s obvious I should use the grammar and spelling check tool on my computer. Thanks for the reminder.

And oooh you’re such a fucking man. It must suck having to walk with balls that big. 

I actually think your grammar was correct. Ignore "Do" and rephrase it as a declarative sentence: You still use your abacus and tell time by the sun. No comma is required because you have two predicates for the same subject, a compound predicate. If you repeated the subject you would need a comma: You still use your abacus, and you still tell time by the sun.

In short, sorry slorch, grammar smack fails.

Edited by Llogg
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/30/2021 at 4:15 PM, Superhero said:

Low beam in a garage. I backed my SUV in the spot this morning. Rear camera showed plenty of room, but crushes the shark fin antenna on the roof.

Replace it with one of these bad boys.   I think Huggy Bear had one.  

huggy.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

That damn moment when the seat control @ the theater gets stuck & won't adjust the other direction.

Fuck you, man...9ace4608869ba76db1f2c0a1e6338fba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

It appears that bodily fluids have crusted the buttons. You should watch that stuff at home. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/3/2021 at 11:42 AM, conVINCEd said:

@conVINCEd

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Magic-Chef-27-lbs-Portable-Countertop-Ice-Maker-in-Stainless-Steel-HNIM27ST/207169820

will pay for itself quickly.

you can empty the bin into the ice maker bin, and put more ice in zip lock bags, when you empty the bags, start it up again and refill them.

Edited by Lone Star Horn

On 10/3/2021 at 1:42 PM, conVINCEd said:

Sam's sells ice.

20# for $2.50

"If not for the illegal motion charge against the Cowboys the Chargers would be undefeated today."

No, you don't know that.  Had they beaten the Cowboys would that have changed their mindset / game plan the following week, or the next?  Would they have played w/ the same intensity in game 3 after winning game 2 against the Cowboys? 

Stupid as ass to project and make statements like this.  

Cheap motherfuckers who don’t keep their shit in working order.
  • Like 1