Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

I see your logitech keyboard, and raise you Lenovo keyboard (and its placement of the Ctrl button)

4Y40X49493-560x450-01.8449bcbf5e5aa641.png

I hate that there are practically zero keyboards available now that have the home keys in the exact center as they should be. They always have too much extra crap on one side that throws the whole thing off, and induces frequent typing of gibberish because you started tying in the wrong place.

6 hours ago, Superhero said:

Also... motherfucking couches on the motherfucking freeway.

Hit one on my way back from LA.

Radiator is bent, and bumper is all fucked up. Not sure what else is fucked up underneath the car.

Should have gone to Ohio...

7 hours ago, Superhero said:

Also... motherfucking couches on the motherfucking freeway.

Hit one on my way back from LA.

Radiator is bent, and bumper is all fucked up. Not sure what else is fucked up underneath the car.

Lazy guy that left 6” of rebar out holding a concrete parking block in Santa Fe. My wife pulled nose-in into a parking spot in Santa Fe over the weekend (another reason to back in, btw). The parking block was held in place by rebar, but the idiot who secured it left about 6” of rebar sticking up on the left side. Of course Mrs. NNM didn’t see it. When she backed out, it hooked her plastic bumper, ripping it at the point of the hook, and ripping the grommets around the bumper/quarter panel interface. Now I can’t get it clipped back in properly and there’s a rip in the bumper. That makes me surly. 

• Rage+1 3

7 hours ago, DougO said:

I hate that there are practically zero keyboards available now that have the home keys in the exact center as they should be. They always have too much extra crap on one side that throws the whole thing off, and induces frequent typing of gibberish because you started tying in the wrong place.

Also, when they do this, they leave the touchpad in the center of the machine, so my fucking palm is always brushing by the touchpad. Fuck you Dell, don't force me to raise my wrists. My carpal tunnel, my choice!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I see your logitech keyboard, and raise you Lenovo keyboard (and its placement of the Ctrl button)
4Y40X49493-560x450-01.8449bcbf5e5aa641.png
Yes fuck this. This is my work laptop setup. I have it connected to a monitor with an external keyboard and mouse. That keyboard is normal but when I want to take the laptop around the house, I have to use that shit. Who thought this was a good idea??

On 8/24/2021 at 1:26 PM, Shoxthemonkey said:

I killed my HP-11C today. The details don't matter, I was careless. That motherfucker was used almost daily for 40 years and was going into my coffin with me.

that sucks. built back when shit was built to last. I still have an old TI-83 that is at least 25 years old that I found in a drawer when i moved into a new office 25 years ago.

On 8/31/2021 at 4:41 PM, DougO said:

I have also bought two if I really like one I find. It's just been rare that I find anything I like these days. The newer super thin t-shirt material they use on a lot of shirts these days always feels wet and clingy is really annoying.

When we lived in H-own area, I honestly had summer t-shirts( thin) and non-summer ones( thick.). The thick ones would just feel damp and sweaty all damned day.   Uggggh!

20 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Goddamnit. Someone at work just sent an email and ended it with “Blessings”. Just put regards or sincerely.

Trivial, yes
Surly, yes.

Have a blessed day.

My emails are signed with,

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or
dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or phone and delete this message and its attachments, if any. The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this email is illegal.  Criminal forwarding infringement is investigated by federal law enforecment agencies and is punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a fine of $250,000.  Please think of the trees, babies with cleft lips, and East Borneo blue-footed sturgeon before you decide to print this email. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We have key cards to get in the doors at work. Just a plain card, no picture on it, no logos, nothing. You hold it by the sensor and it beeps and unlocks the door. The old women up here always call it a "badge", which I hate. I have a badge from when I worked at the county sheriff. It wasn't a plastic card. And an ID card isn't a badge either. 

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I thought the college athletic money grubbing under Patterson was bad, but what I’ve seen so far from the NIL stuff makes him seem like a kid running a lemonade stand.  I have a feeling this will drive me away from college athletics like the pros managed to do.

Yeah, I’ll probably bail before the playoff expands to 32 teams. Because it will.

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

that sucks. built back when shit was built to last. I still have an old TI-83 that is at least 25 years old that I found in a drawer when i moved into a new office 25 years ago.

Update: After 15 minutes in a toilet and at least a week of drying in a '94 Mercury Grand Marquis, parked outside with the windows up, I am pleased to report that new batteries brought my beloved HP back to life. It is a tough SOB

IMG_20210825_160942553.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

Update: After 15 minutes in a toilet and at least a week of drying in a '94 Mercury Grand Marquis, parked outside with the windows up, I am pleased to report that new batteries brought my beloved HP back to life. It is a tough SOB

Try that with an iPhone, whatever model. Let me know how it works out for you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

You should have just put it in a Lincoln Riley brisket for a couple of hours to dry it out.  Would have saved some time..

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

I think you are burying the lede here

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Goddamnit. Someone at work just sent an email and ended it with “Blessings”. Just put regards or sincerely.

Trivial, yes
Surly, yes.

Have a blessed day.

I can out trivial that:

I have a coworker that uses "respectfully" in her signature.

Respectfully,

High Plains Drifter

On 8/27/2021 at 12:05 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Not saying that this is necessarily what happened to you today, but if someone is being a left lane slow poke asshole shithead (or some other brand of idiot driver), I'll make sure to do that after I finally pass them. 

I go through a lot of wiper fluid. 

Brother?

On 8/27/2021 at 10:45 AM, Vic Mackey said:

People who use the word 'adulting'. Seems this came around some years ago. Used for any little task an adult might do i.e. grocery shopping, paying bills, taking care of your kids, cleaning the house, yardwork.

Shut the fuck up.

This is the first time I've ever heard that term, and just one time makes me ragey.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/30/2021 at 5:09 PM, DougO said:

When I find a rare t-shirt design that I actually like, only to find the design is on the back. I hate the big back design with nothing or a tiny thing on the front. Lately Academy is pushing either cool back design shirts, or stupid, embarrassing dumbass phrases that ruin otherwise decent designs on their front design shirts. They used to make some really nice stuff at a good price, now it's all redneck depot.

I'm running out of stuff to wear.

I refuse to wear shirts with pocket print that has no pocket. I don't wear shirts with pockets either but the print style pisses me off beyond belief 

35 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I refuse to wear shirts with pocket print that has no pocket. I don't wear shirts with pockets either but the print style pisses me off beyond belief 

Wait, there exist tshirts that have a picture of a pocket, but no actual pocket?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I can out trivial that:

I have a coworker that uses "respectfully" in her signature.

Respectfully,

High Plains Drifter

Is she prior service?  In the military, loosely translated, it means, ‘Go fuck yourself!’ Or ‘Have a great day,’ depending upon context.

That’s where I’ve seen it the most.

Edited by slorch

I really couldn't care less how people sign their emails as long as it's not Gig Em or Boomer Sooner.  We do have someone in our office who signs his email with something to do with LSU though.  I typically just stick to a simple Thanks with my first name below.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I really couldn't care less how people sign their emails as long as it's not Gig Em or Boomer Sooner.  We do have someone in our office who signs his email with something to do with LSU though.  I typically just stick to a simple Thanks with my first name below.

You could just put "Regards," knowing the double meaning that is used here.  It would probably give you quite a bit of satisfaction at times.  

Repped for proper usage of "couldn't care less."

• Haha 1

Located @ the very bottom, after the signature:

"No trees were harmed in the production of this email, however a few electrons were horribly inconvenienced."

(Personal email, which I rarely use. The acct. that gets all of the contest registrations, coupons, probable spam, etc.)

. . . .

Scout correspondence:

"Yours in Scouting,"

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk