Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 6/11/2021 at 1:16 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

I’m not sure if I posted it in this thread or in the snack foods thread or somewhere else. But I once complained that Planters mixed nuts didn’t include Brazil nuts anymore. I like those. A few days ago I bought a can of Planters mixed nuts that said on the label that it included Brazil nuts. Whoopee!

There were two in the can. Two. That’s all. 

I bought another can of Planter’s mixed nuts the other day and I’m happy to report that it contained an acceptable number of Brazil nuts. I could see four or five as soon as I tore away the foil seal. I figure 8-10 is an acceptable number and I got that.

I only bought them because I had a $2 off coupon. But I forgot to use the coupon when I went through the checkout lane. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

I don’t think bigotry is exactly trivial. Would you say you’re in favor of homophobia or just tolerant of it? Like, let’s just ignore it and pretend he’s not saying that shit out in the open? Stumbling upon that previous post of his while I was looking for my old Brazil nuts post made a little more sense out of his reply defending his homophobic post.

I don’t have kids, haven’t seen Frozen, have no desire to, don’t know any songs from it, and didn’t play your video. But here’s a tip: If you want someone to let it go, don’t respond to them and give them a reason to reply back which is the opposite of letting it go. Follow your own advice. Let it go.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t think bigotry is exactly trivial. Would you say you’re in favor of homophobia or just tolerant of it? Like, let’s just ignore it and pretend he’s not saying that shit out in the open? Stumbling upon that previous post of his while I was looking for my old Brazil nuts post made a little more sense out of his reply defending his homophobic post.

I don’t have kids, haven’t seen Frozen, have no desire to, don’t know any songs from it, and didn’t play your video. But here’s a tip: If you want someone to let it go, don’t respond to them and give them a reason to reply back which is the opposite of letting it go. Follow your own advice. Let it go.

Dude. I think we all got your point way back. No need to drag that shit around to other threads for attention. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yes, I could control Every single minute of screen time content for a 4-5 year old during 18 months of remote learning.  She was way past it but some pop up yesterday made it All come flooding back.  Ahhhh!

On 8/13/2021 at 4:52 PM, deadshank said:

At a decent or upscale restaurant and when you a order a drink (be it booze, beer, wine, iced tea, water, whatever) and the waiter / waitress comes back to the table with your quaff in their greasy paw. 

Have some class and put the drink on a serving tray (doesn’t have to be fancy) and then serve the drink to the customer instead of just handing someone a drink.  This isn’t the ballpark or frat party. 

and they better have their pinky extended when they set it on the table!

Speaking of killer bees-- I got tangled up in a nest of those sons-of-bitches about 20 years on a ranch in S. Texas. I never saw the nest, but suddenly I'm getting stung all over my neck and face. I run a sub 4 sec 40 yard dash (in work boots and snake chaps) back to my truck (thank baby jesus on the cross the doors weren't locked) and jumped inside. Some more got me on the hand before I could roll up the window. Assholes chased the truck for a quarter mile. I finally lost them when I got to pavement.

Face and hand swelled up. I swallowed a bunch of benadryl and had the epi pen on standby just in case in got hard to breathe.

• Hook 'Em 3

Hard butter be it in a pat package or one of those individual tiny plastic containers with the tear away top that is served at a restaurant. It is difficult to spread it on the bread without it clumping up or tearing the bread up. Serve the butter at room temperature so it can be properly spread.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

While I love the self checkout lines at HEB, I never get through one without some bullshit weight mismatch error popping up requiring me to call an attendant.  If I want to steal something, I'm gonna do it.  For the rest of us law abiding citizens, turn off this bullshit theft prevention feature.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

While I love the self checkout lines at HEB, I never get through one without some bullshit weight mismatch error popping up requiring me to call an attendant.  If I want to steal something, I'm gonna do it.  For the rest of us law abiding citizens, turn off this bullshit theft prevention feature.

F’n this. Don’t even bother going through with fresh produce.

One of the kid’s rec soccer coach called me first thing this morning to say that he’s cutting playing time and taking captain away from her because we’ve joined a club team and will be splitting practice time between the two.

It shouldn’t bother me but it does simply because the only reason he’s pissed is because 1 he doesn’t like the club we chose to sign on with and 2 another player from the rec team 100% on their own chose to try out and then is also on said club.

3 hours ago, cabowabo said:

I don’t know what that means. Weight mismatch error? If it’s priced by weight then the weight is what the scale says it is, right?

I scam my grocer out of a few dollars every year and I don’t feel bad about it. Like if the heads of broccoli are kind of small, I might put two pairs of heads in the bag and ring them up as one pair. Ha ha! I just stuck you for $2.99! The other day I went to buy a red onion. They had peeled red onions for $1 more per pound than the unpeeled onions. The unpeeled onions were a lot smaller than the peeled onions so I selected a peeled red onion and rang it up as an unpeeled red onion (4082). Take that, grocer! Feel the burn!

They used to send me targeted coupons for items I bought frequently. They don’t do that anymore. They used to give me 20¢ off per gallon of gas for every $50 I spent at their store, now they only give me 10¢ off per gallon. They used to give me discounts on groceries for buying gas, now they make me choose between one or the other. I’m still getting screwed. If the organic peppers look better, I don’t have a problem with ringing them up as regular peppers. Nobody is checking that shit.

They used to be open 24 hrs a day. They’re not anymore. Some years back I stopped in after midnight to buy a 12-pack of beer. I went to check out and all the checkout lanes were empty. I walked up and down and all around and couldn’t find an employee anywhere. So finally I just said, “Fuck it,” and walked out with my beer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t know what that means. Weight mismatch error? If it’s priced by weight then the weight is what the scale says it is, right?

This happens on normal items.  I think there is a scale where the bags sit to make sure you are not putting unscanned items into the bag....or something like that.  Whatever it is, it doesn't work and ends up defeating the whole purpose of self checkout because some employee needs to come over and clear the error.  I'm getting ragey just typing this.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

One of the kid’s rec soccer coach called me first thing this morning to say that he’s cutting playing time and taking captain away from her because we’ve joined a club team and will be splitting practice time between the two.

It shouldn’t bother me but it does simply because the only reason he’s pissed is because 1 he doesn’t like the club we chose to sign on with and 2 another player from the rec team 100% on their own chose to try out and then is also on said club.

My daughter (no pics, you degenerates) was on her HS dance team. Senior year, she decided to try out for her college team (she’d just been admitted). Tryouts conflicted with one day of HS Spring Show rehearsals. She got suspended from the team, and only reinstated when I raised holy hell. She still had to sit out the last night. 
Absolute idiocy. If she makes the college team, it’s a gold star for the HS dance coach. And she’s penalized for it, for missing one practice?  We talkin’ ‘bout practice!

17 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I scam my grocer out of a few dollars every year and I don’t feel bad about it. Like if the heads of broccoli are kind of small, I might put two pairs of heads in the bag and ring them up as one pair. Ha ha! I just stuck you for $2.99! The other day I went to buy a red onion. They had peeled red onions for $1 more per pound than the unpeeled onions. The unpeeled onions were a lot smaller than the peeled onions so I selected a peeled red onion and rang it up as an unpeeled red onion (4082). Take that, grocer! Feel the burn!

They used to send me targeted coupons for items I bought frequently. They don’t do that anymore. They used to give me 20¢ off per gallon of gas for every $50 I spent at their store, now they only give me 10¢ off per gallon. They used to give me discounts on groceries for buying gas, now they make me choose between one or the other. I’m still getting screwed. If the organic peppers look better, I don’t have a problem with ringing them up as regular peppers. Nobody is checking that shit.

They used to be open 24 hrs a day. They’re not anymore. Some years back I stopped in after midnight to buy a 12-pack of beer. I went to check out and all the checkout lanes were empty. I walked up and down and all around and couldn’t find an employee anywhere. So finally I just said, “Fuck it,” and walked out with my beer. 

Sounds like something a shoplifter would say

Edited by immortal13
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

At work I have a stapler that doesn’t fit a normal sized rack of staples.  I have to break off a centimeter of staples every time I reload.  

Perfect example of what this thread is about. Pos rep. 
MAGMilton_Stapler_600x600.jpg?v=16155008

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Every single goddamn time I select the "deliver some items later in order to consolidate packages and reduce waste" option with Amazon Prime, those motherfuckers elect to break up my order anyway and instead I just get all of my stuff later than I would have if I just told them "fuck you, bring me my shit asap."

Give those sunsabitches an inch and they'll take a mile. No incentive to ever do anything but demand the fastest option.

Fuck you in the goatass, Jeff Bezoar. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

I killed my HP-11C today. The details don't matter, I was careless. That motherfucker was used almost daily for 40 years and was going into my coffin with me.

Had a 10b-II from school up until recently, probably 20+ years of loyal service.  I honestly don't remember what happened to it, maybe I left it in a hotel room or something.  But lasted about 20 years.  Replacement one last about 20 days.  Haven't bothered to replace it.  I don't care about maths anymore.  And H-P doesn't seem to care about quality anymore either.  I need a quant.  

I am extra surly about intersections with two left-hand turn lanes.  And invariably I'm on the outside and the guy turning from the inside left land doesn't remember first rule of left turns in driver's ed.  You stay  in the close-in lane, let the outside turner take the new outside lane.  Fucking 101.  But of course, nobody remembers it---certainly not the dipshit in the F-250 on his goddamn phone.  The whole point of two left-hand turn lanes was to let flow more and more traffic each light cycle into the two other perpendicular lanes.  Seems like since they invented the dashed white line through the intersection, people's understanding on how to turn has gotten shittier despite the visual aids.