Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Why do people still send Christmas cards? Especially the ones with a posed family picture. Just post it on social media so I can ignore it.

[laughs in "wife is asking for addresses so she can send out cards with the annual JC Penny photo studio picture]

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Bullshit legal marketing emails with transparent lies. 

"Greetings Storm the Field, we reached out to (insert partner name) about how we can help with SEO, social media marketing & client lead generation. He indicated you were the best person to speak with. Are you free for a 15 minute call later?"

Yeah, I'd put the odds of that having occurred at 0.0%.

HD wallpaper: star wars, Admiral Ackbar, it's a trap | Wallpaper Flare

People who ask your opinion and then get pissed because you didn’t agree with theirs.

Fuck me.  If you’re going to give direction, then don’t couch it as an inquiry to my inclinations.

Shit or get off the pot…

44 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Lazy neighbors that refuse to pick up the miscellaneous trash that appears in the front yard of their houses or on their sidewalks.  

I understand YOU didn’t put it there and it’s not YOUR trash.  Just quit being a lazy mofo and pick up that crap and throw it in the trash can.  

Have some pride.  

You live in a place where random trash just shows up?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You live in a place where random trash just shows up?

Styro cup that got away from someone, a random hat lost by a kid, the odd urban tumbleweed, some item left behind by a lawn crew, a dipshit that threw his beer can out the window, etc.  Odds and ends type stuff.   Not a 30 yard roll of dumpster worth of construction debris. 

Lazy neighbors that refuse to pick up the miscellaneous trash that appears in the front yard of their houses or on their sidewalks.  

I understand YOU didn’t put it there and it’s not YOUR trash.  Just quit being a lazy mofo and pick up that crap and throw it in the trash can.  
Have some pride.  

Are you on the HOA committee? No. Fuck you! And fuck the HOA as well!

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

Have some pride.  

What if I kick dogshit out in the street or up on the sidewalk?

Is that surly?  My dogs didn’t do it.  Figure maybe the shitbags who did it will pick it up their next time around…

On 12/19/2021 at 1:28 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

There are not expletives in the English language to describe my hatred of changing the headlight bulbs on my wife’s POS Chevy Equinox. I hope the engineer that designed how to access the bulb dies in a fire.

We should buy that engineer a Pinto and ensure it happens accidentally.  

30 minutes ago, General Specific said:

Its probably the same guys that dribbles piss in front of the pisser as well. Never understood how one could be so careless, thoughtless or lack such self awareness in a public space.

The “getting old sucks” thread is that way ——->

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

We should buy that engineer a Pinto and ensure it happens accidentally.  

And add Zee fucking German engineer at BMW who thought it was a good idea to tie the high beam switch to your speedometer gadgets.  $25 part becomes an $1,100 dealer only fix because only an authorized dealer can do anything related to a speedometer part/ directly attached for peripherally.

• Rage+1 1

My neighbors across the street who don’t break down their boxes before throwing them in the recycle bin. I know they got a Samsung TV last year, and sometime this year they had a baby who wears Huggies. They also don’t take in their cans until 2-3 days after trash day  

The same neighbors threw out a couch last weekend. They probably didn’t contact the waste removal company and the couch will still be there when I get back from vacation. Those assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Its probably the same guys that dribbles piss in front of the pisser as well. Never understood how one could be so careless, thoughtless or lack such self awareness in a public space.

Maybe I….I mean, the guy you’re talking about, who lived near you, and is definitely not me….has a short dick. Didja think about that, man?
  • Like 1

HOA flexing its muscles 6 years after the fact....

After struggling to revive our once manicured St. Augustine grass front yard from fungus infections, in 2015 we decided to xeriscape it with river gravel like they do in Las Vegas. Not only giving it a clean look, it has conserved thousands of gallons of water over the years. There is the large mulch bed encompassing the two oaks, and the ivy covered bed extends 8’ to 10’ from the front of the house. The side yards are still grass. We had 10 tons of the gravel delivered, and family did the work of installing the metal borders, prepping the soil with a vinegar solution, putting down anti-weed landscaping fabric, then spreading the gravel.

Now six years later... 

My HOA nazis sent me a sternly worded letter in late November that I had to submit an application to do landscaping changes like we did.

So I submitted an application a week later stating the work had been done in July of 2015. Three weeks ago I received an email that the “landscaping committee” had rejected my application to do that change. 
Of course they said I had a month to file an appeal, but will have to remove enough of the gravel and resod it with water guzzling grass to have 75% of the front yard (which includes side yards and the ivy covered beds) in greenery. We will have three months do do the work.

They didn’t complain when I made the change from dead St. Augustine 6 years ago to the water-conserving xeriscape. 
When we built the house 26 years ago I was aware that changes to the house structure had to be approved by the HOA “architectural committee”, but didn’t notice any fine print about landscaping changes - just to maintain a neat yard.

53A9586B-A86E-41D1-A199-6514C891F470.jpeg

• Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

HOA flexing its muscles 6 years after the fact....

After struggling to revive our once manicured St. Augustine grass front yard from fungus infections, in 2015 we decided to xeriscape it with river gravel like they do in Las Vegas. Not only giving it a clean look, it has conserved thousands of gallons of water over the years. There is the large mulch bed encompassing the two oaks, and the ivy covered bed extends 8’ to 10’ from the front of the house. The side yards are still grass. We had 10 tons of the gravel delivered, and family did the work of installing the metal borders, prepping the soil with a vinegar solution, putting down anti-weed landscaping fabric, then spreading the gravel.

Now six years later... 

My HOA nazis sent me a sternly worded letter in late November that I had to submit an application to do landscaping changes like we did.

So I submitted an application a week later stating the work had been done in July of 2015. Three weeks ago I received an email that the “landscaping committee” had rejected my application to do that change. 
Of course they said I had a month to file an appeal, but will have to remove enough of the gravel and resod it with water guzzling grass to have 75% of the front yard (which includes side yards and the ivy covered beds) in greenery. We will have three months do do the work.

They didn’t complain when I made the change from dead St. Augustine 6 years ago to the water-conserving xeriscape. 
When we built the house 26 years ago I was aware that changes to the house structure had to be approved by the HOA “architectural committee”, but didn’t notice any fine print about landscaping changes - just to maintain a neat yard.

53A9586B-A86E-41D1-A199-6514C891F470.jpeg

Find out where the landscaping committee lives and dump your gravel all over their lawns

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4