Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Every once in a while while browsing surly on my phone, I’ll try to click on the “lulz” thread link on the top or bottom of the page, and mistakenly click on CR instead. 
Instantly the atmosphere in the room changes. Darkness descends on the land. All intelligent life is gone. My reaction:

db87958dbc2b43b2851f1a107460ab25ca04caee

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Colleagues that call meetings on my Friday off (we work 9/80 schedule) when the meeting is focused entirely on the work I am responsible for.

Trivial because fuck ‘em, I’m not going to work on my day off. Tell me what happened on Monday.

Worse is people who call a meeting on your time off, that you have to change plans for, and then cancel it at the last minute.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

I stopped at this ghetto-ass gas station on my way to work, as they have really good, cheap fountain drinks. I usually pay with the change I have in my truck but today, I didn't have enough. I had to break a $20 and my worst fears came true: The clerk handed me some raggedy, warm bills that looked like they've been hiding in a homeless woman's bra. Or worse. 

• Haha 2

I live on N Padre Island.

When you get on the fucking island, the speed limit DOES NOT FUCKING DROP!  It is 55 mph all the way to PINS.

All you fucking tourons need to stop slowing down to 35 fucking mph and get the fuck out of my way - I want to get home.

JFC - every place else on earth people want to drive over the speed limit...why the fuck do they slow down on my island????

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

When you get on the fucking island, the speed limit DOES NOT FUCKING DROP!  It is 55 mph all the way to PINS.

All you fucking tourons need to stop slowing down to 35 fucking mph and get the fuck out of my way - I want to get home.

JFC - every place else on earth people want to drive over the speed limit...why the fuck do they slow down on my island????

As aggy, I understand you’re not quick on the uptake. Island time—ever heard of it?  Catch some of it if you’re going to live there. 

My wife wanted to rent a new Brazilian movie where the lead role is played by a guy she knows from her hometown. It’s available on YouTube and Amazon, but neither offer it with the original audio, so we are watching it dubbed in English. I fucking hate dubbed movies, so shitty. It’s a foreign film, why in the fuck isn’t it available in the original language?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/21/2022 at 1:59 PM, Okie State said:

Someone sent me a meeting request on a day I clearly had marked as being out. I explained that I wouldn't be able to make it and declined. Got another request an hour later from the same person on the same day. I declined again. Still not available.

Did you we immediately reschedule for Thursday?  

On 1/20/2022 at 4:00 AM, Sam Lin said:

Would be nice to have a toggle to display or not display CR, similar to how IPIHB only appears for some users.

This. I've thought about suggesting this many a time. I do the feed view and generally I'm not interested in CR posts. 

e2cda8783e97411506c0dc1ab85a0b69.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

People who block shit because they’re self-absorbed.

Had to go to Costco yesterday, and had my way blocked at almost every point. Walking in, a guy had pulled his SUV up the dead-center of the front. Everyone going in or out had to detour around him.

Then I got inside, and was behind a couple. She pushed the basket, he walked….side by side, separated by about three feet, so they blocked the entire main aisle you had to travel to get to the back. They walk slowly. The aisle widens, so I make a move to pass on the left…and he meanders left to look at a TV, blocking me again. So I double back so I can pass on the right, which is good because now she’s at a complete stop in the middle of the aisle.

Buy my shit and leave. We all get our receipts checked, and exit through one narrow door. And we get backed up because one self-absorbed dipshit gets his receipt checked, goes right outside the door, and stops, blocking the whole exit while he gets his sunglasses out, carefully folds the receipt and puts it in his pocket, scratches his balls, whatever. He could have gone another 10 feet to do that, and would have left all of us a way out, but instead, the entire store has to wait for him to get prepped for his drive home.

I finally get around him and get to my car, load my stuff, and whip around to the cart return. A couple is pushing their basket by it, then decide they need to come to a full stop and have a conversation, blocking the entire thing….while I’m 2 feet away, staring at them with my empty cart. Not till I actually say “excuse me” do they realize that other people exist on this planet and move out of my way.

At every turn, self-absorbed shitheels who, in spite of being at one of the busiest stores in town, think they are the only people in existence.

Fuckers.

This is maybe my greatest rage.  Are you that fucking clueless that you don’t realize other people have objectives that your fucking ass is derailing? Raaaaaaaggge.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

This is maybe my greatest rage.  Are you that fucking clueless that you don’t realize other people have objectives that your fucking ass is derailing? Raaaaaaaggge.

And it’s not that hard to give a shit. Hell, when I’m at HEB and I need to hunt for something on the shelf, I make sure to pull my cart over to the side, and I keep my eye out for any people I might be blocking as they come up the aisle. Just get out of the way, it’s super easy.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Had to go to Costco yesterday, and had my way blocked at almost every point. Walking in, a guy had pulled his SUV up the dead-center of the front. Everyone going in or out had to detour around him.

Then I got inside, and was behind a couple. She pushed the basket, he walked….side by side, separated by about three feet, so they blocked the entire main aisle you had to travel to get to the back. They walk slowly. The aisle widens, so I make a move to pass on the left…and he meanders left to look at a TV, blocking me again. So I double back so I can pass on the right, which is good because now she’s at a complete stop in the middle of the aisle.

Buy my shit and leave. We all get our receipts checked, and exit through one narrow door. And we get backed up because one self-absorbed dipshit gets his receipt checked, goes right outside the door, and stops, blocking the whole exit while he gets his sunglasses out, carefully folds the receipt and puts it in his pocket, scratches his balls, whatever. He could have gone another 10 feet to do that, and would have left all of us a way out, but instead, the entire store has to wait for him to get prepped for his drive home.

I finally get around him and get to my car, load my stuff, and whip around to the cart return. A couple is pushing their basket by it, then decide they need to come to a full stop and have a conversation, blocking the entire thing….while I’m 2 feet away, staring at them with my empty cart. Not till I actually say “excuse me” do they realize that other people exist on this planet and move out of my way.

At every turn, self-absorbed shitheels who, in spite of being at one of the busiest stores in town, think they are the only people in existence.

Fuckers.

I made a comment about not eating or drinking while walking at the airport because people will randomly stop in front of you but I've noticed this has creeped into my every day life. People just randomly shut down whatever they're doing. Even on the road there will be people who just randomly slam on the brakes. Has to be something caused by the pandemic....

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuckers.

All of that is on you for going to Costco on a Saturday. What the hell is wrong with you?!?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Same here. Everytime I go to the store or Walmart or Costco, I wonder if I'm going to wind up in jail, 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, nnm said:

All of that is on you for going to Costco on a Saturday. What the hell is wrong with you?!?

I only go weekends, but I am there 10 mins before it opens.  I’m a ninja going through there.  Crowds are light because the fatties aren’t there yet as the free sample people aren’t yet set up.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Same here. Everytime I go to the store or Walmart or Costco, I wonder if I'm going to wind up in jail, 

Edit: especially Walmart here in Nacogdoches, yeah, yeah I know Walmart sucks, but choices here are extremely limited.  I would wager that any time of day, 75-80% of the people in the store are obese, and about 80% of them are morbidly obese.  Side by side in their galdamned electric carts.

/End rant

• Rage+1 2

And it’s not that hard to give a shit. Hell, when I’m at HEB and I need to hunt for something on the shelf, I make sure to pull my cart over to the side, and I keep my eye out for any people I might be blocking as they come up the aisle. Just get out of the way, it’s super easy.

closely related lack of awareness:

walk or text, motherfuckers.  Not both.  And don't act surprised when I walk past you or (slightly) cut you off.  You had not fucks to give and now all the sudden you care.

Go to hell.

16 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

My wife wanted to rent a new Brazilian movie where the lead role is played by a guy she knows from her hometown. It’s available on YouTube and Amazon, but neither offer it with the original audio, so we are watching it dubbed in English. I fucking hate dubbed movies, so shitty. It’s a foreign film, why in the fuck isn’t it available in the original language?

Because there are probably a total of three Mericans that speak Brazilian.

Yes, I know they speak mostly Portuguese in Brazil.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:14 PM, Ag with kids said:

Sounds like they’re doing gods work annoying you

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

<snip>

Fuckers.

This, but with snowboarders.

"Hey, we just got off that chair lift/gondola thing that's dropping people off at the top of the mountain at a high rate- let's sit down right here and put on our board/adjust our bindings/take a hit off a blunt. I'm sure this won't inconvenience anyone."

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Because there are probably a total of three Mericans that speak Brazilian.
Yes, I know they speak mostly Portuguese in Brazil.

Face palm.

This is more about dubbed movies vs subtitles. Dubbed actors voices suck. It never sounds right and seeing someone’s mouth not match up with the audio is much more distracting than reading subtitles. I know Americans are lazy and most can’t read well, but for fucks sake, leave the original audio and put subtitles. Then it solves both problems…for those that can speak the language, we get the movie as intended. And those that can’t speak it, they still get it as intended without the lame overdubbing (that is often acted out on a subpar level).
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I know Americans are lazy and most can’t read well, but for fucks sake, leave the original audio and put subtitles. Then it solves both problems…for those that can speak the language, we get the movie as intended. And those that can’t speak it, they still get it as intended without the lame overdubbing (that is often acted out on a subpar level).