Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

6 hours ago, slorch said:

People who don't 1) put their dishes in the dishwasher or 2) wash their dishes right then.

Yeah, the sink ain't a holding area until somebody wants to clean their dishes.  Common misconception...

I'm not the woman in the house.  The dishes are there until she can do her god given job.

10 hours ago, slorch said:

People who don't 1) put their dishes in the dishwasher or 2) wash their dishes right then.

Yeah, the sink ain't a holding area until somebody wants to clean their dishes.  Common misconception...

Sheeeit. I wish the dishes would end up in the sink. Ours seem to migrate only to the counter right above the dishwasher and right next to the sink 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Okie State said:

There were two dogs in Lowes yesterday for seemingly no reason. I don't get it.

Few years ago when my oldest was just old enough to walk around stores outta the stroller...we took her to home depot.  Wife and I multi-tasked, I got some shit on one end of the store, she got the other side with the munchkin.  Some oakley-wearing guy had a doberman in there with him.  Dog was leashed but guy just dropped leash to grab some shit with two hands off the shelf and dog made a beeline for my daughter.  Wife got between dog and daughter and yelled. 

Guy acted like a dick when I made my way over there after recognizing the yell, like we were anti-dog assholes.  And of course he said what every asshole dog-owner has said since the beginning of time, "Oh, he's never bitten anyone."  Yeah, no shit dude.  No dog has bit anyone for at least a part of their life, until they finally bite somebody.  It would be weird if you said, "Oh yeah, look out...he bites people all the time...he's kind of an asshole.  Not even sure why I take him into public."  I haven't bitten anybody in 40 years.  Doesn't mean I won't start tomorrow with your face.  

I'm guessing it was a Service Dog in that it serves to notify the general public that the owner is a fucking small-dicked asshole.  

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Few years ago when my oldest was just old enough to walk around stores outta the stroller...we took her to home depot.  Wife and I multi-tasked, I got some shit on one end of the store, she got the other side with the munchkin.  Some oakley-wearing guy had a doberman in there with him.  Dog was leashed but guy just dropped leash to grab some shit with two hands off the shelf and dog made a beeline for my daughter.  Wife got between dog and daughter and yelled. 

Guy acted like a dick when I made my way over there after recognizing the yell, like we were anti-dog assholes.  And of course he said what every asshole dog-owner has said since the beginning of time, "Oh, he's never bitten anyone."  Yeah, no shit dude.  No dog has bit anyone for at least a part of their life, until they finally bite somebody.  It would be weird if you said, "Oh yeah, look out...he bites people all the time...he's kind of an asshole.  Not even sure why I take him into public."  I haven't bitten anybody in 40 years.  Doesn't mean I won't start tomorrow with your face.  

I'm guessing it was a Service Dog in that it serves to notify the general public that the owner is a fucking small-dicked asshole.  

a22c643f-4e66-4177-833a-02be2059c446_tex

So there I was, inside the amazing palace of the barbarian king of the jungle as his honored guest. Led to my chambers, outfitted with a huge bed, a fireplace, a large hot bath (we'd been traveling for weeks) and, of course, my very own chambermaid, wearing nothing but a skirt and an ivory necklace. Of course, she's not just there to help wash me, but to service any other needs that might arise. She helps me to undress, begins bathing me, head to foot. And now she's taking off her BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

the goddamn alarm goes off waking me up just as it was getting good

• Haha 1

we had an ancient set of world books that my dad picked up at a thrift store.  in the mid 90s my mom started buying funk and wagnall's volume by volume from randall's.  my dad caught her about halfway thru and told her to stop buying that crap, so when they went expat goodwill ended up with half an encyclopedia

/tldr: and then i found $5

…the fact that in British English, “vomit” is “sick”, which is both a noun and a verb. 

“He was sick all over the car seat, and then his dog licked the sick clean”

It worse for piss…he was pissed so he went outside to piss while it was pissing . The neighbors were pissed and he was all “I’m just having a piss”.

One of these days, Home Depot is gonna get sued & lose a shitload of $$.

The sign on the door *clearly* says "only service dogs permitted", but not only do they not enforce that, there are employees who routinely have dog treats in their aprons & hand them out.

I will admit guilt in bringing OUR Doberman (Major) & later Corgi (Scout) into H.D., however that was as a puppy that would always remain in the basket.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, elfenix said:

when i forget that the next day is a new contacts day. so i put my contacts away only to toss them and the solution in the morning.  wasteful.

I had an old plastic colander that I finally got around to replacing. I threw it away clean. It wasn’t until later when it dawned on me that I should’ve used it to drain the fat from browned grown beef one last time before tossing it in the trash. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

"Jeep Culture"

Fuck off, cracker.

If you own a basic jeep and use it at the farm/ranch, or tow it on vacation, good for you. If you’re driving a 100,000+ mod jeep-like vehicle, you’re just a dipshit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 8:40 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

I had an old plastic colander that I finally got around to replacing. I threw it away clean. It wasn’t until later when it dawned on me that I should’ve used it to drain the fat from browned grown beef one last time before tossing it in the trash. 

Also, you could have turned it upside down and used it as a base for your candles. 

12 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Also, you could have turned it upside down and used it as a base for your candles. 

Har har. Clever. But no, I couldn’t have for two reasons. First, one of the main reasons for using a base for your candle is to prevent any melted wax that might drip from running onto your furniture. Think! You’re obviously a candle novice. The other reason is that the handles on the colander would’ve prevented it from providing a stable, level surface in an inverted position even if one of them hadn’t been partially melted in the dishwasher. But thanks for playing.

I recently saw that LED candles are a thing. What kind of an abomination is that? Maybe you could use one as a night light in a kid’s room. I wonder if there’s a “flicker” setting. Because flickering candle light can be pretty cool. But then so can a flame that sits perfectly motionless, unchanging in size and shape.

Keep your wicks trimmed and candle on, brothers and sisters!

• Hook 'Em 1

Austin trash collection is seriously fucking with me. If I have a small item or small extra bag of garbage in the trash can, they always leave it or put it back in the can. I don't know how they actually empty the cans, I thought they use a mechanical arm that turns the can over and shakes everything out, but however they do it, is not fucking working. Today I had a small second bag on top of a kitchen-size bag underneath it. Somehow the large bag (on the bottom) is gone but the small bag of shit is still in the can. That's impossible unless one of their workers put it back in my can instead of throwing it in the truck. Do they have an official policy of refusing to collect trash in "nonstandard" bags or containers? If this was a one-off I wouldn't care, but it's happening almost every week now. Next time I'm going to stand on the fucking curb all day and scream at them "TAKE MY SHIT. TAKE IT ALL."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

Austin trash collection is seriously fucking with me. If I have a small item or small extra bag of garbage in the trash can, they always leave it or put it back in the can. I don't know how they actually empty the cans, I thought they use a mechanical arm that turns the can over and shakes everything out, but however they do it, is not fucking working. Today I had a small second bag on top of a kitchen-size bag underneath it. Somehow the large bag (on the bottom) is gone but the small bag of shit is still in the can. That's impossible unless one of their workers put it back in my can instead of throwing it in the truck. Do they have an official policy of refusing to collect trash in "nonstandard" bags or containers? If this was a one-off I wouldn't care, but it's happening almost every week now. Next time I'm going to stand on the fucking curb all day and scream at them "TAKE MY SHIT. TAKE IT ALL."

Shall we all argue for a few pages about putting dog poop bags into other people's dumpsters?