Cowboys vs Bills: Turkey Day Edition

Vic Mackey

28 minutes ago, DougO said:

He was near. He was 83-64 with 2 playoff wins. The two playoff wins are one more than the previous four Cowboys head coaches combined.

Jason Garrett is Marvin Lewis. They are the Spider-Man meme. They have basically identical winning percentages over a 9 year span. Lewis wasn’t a terrible HC. Neither is Garrett (at least Monday through Saturday he isn’t). 

2 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Jones isn't going to hire a yes man. All he wants in life is a grandson that makes the NFL and a Superbowl. He will do anything to get there, and that means hiring the best coach money can buy

You're talking about the guy who fired Jimmy Johnson after he won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, right?

7 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Jones isn't going to hire a yes man. All he wants in life is a grandson that makes the NFL and a Superbowl. He will do anything to get there, and that means hiring the best coach money can buy

He’s going to hire a different yes man. One without red hair. That experiment is over 

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:
10 minutes ago, SDG said:
Sorry I fucked up the reference.  He didn’t play in his first sb.  my bad.  

Na, my point was future man thinks any qb who won a SB is better than dan Marino as a qb. I know he is trolling because nobody is that retarded.

He's a retarded troll.

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:
13 minutes ago, SDG said:
Sorry I fucked up the reference.  He didn’t play in his first sb.  my bad.  

Na, my point was future man thinks any qb who won a SB is better than dan Marino as a qb. I know he is trolling because nobody is that retarded.

Well now I don’t feel so sorry after realizing you were trying to have an intellectual debate with FM.  

37 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

What a stupid post. You realize Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, Mark Rypian, Brad Johnson and Keff Hostelter have all win Super Bowls right?

Which one of those guys was on a max contract that crippled the team when they did?  That’s my point.  Unclear why this is so difficult to understand.  

Dak is a good QB.  But he’s not a generational guy you can break the bank for and expect to win a super bowl because you won’t be able to afford the rest of the pieces. 

6 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Which one of those guys was on a max contract that crippled the team when they did?  That’s my point.  Unclear why this is so difficult to understand.  

Dak is a good QB.  But he’s not a generational guy you can break the bank for and expect to win a super bowl because you won’t be able to afford the rest of the pieces. 

You know what else is crippling? Not having a competent qb. If we don’t pay Dak, someone will. What would you suggest we do, if we don’t pay him? Franchise him and kick the can down the road? Sign a hobbled cam newton? Sign a washed Andy Dalton? Teddy two gloves? Draft someone who more than likely won’t be as good as Dak at any point in their career?

I get it, man. It’s a tough spot because he isn’t pat mahomes or Russell Wilson, and it seems like only those guys should get the big contracts. I’ve been back and forth on this one, but he’s good enough to be “next in line” for the big payday. He’s good enough to win with if you have the coaching around him. Do I have faith that we’ll find that coach, fuck no. But what’s more likely? Us finding a coach that can get the most out of Dak, or our ability to find a pat mahomes, Russell Wilson “I can put this team on my back against any opponent” caliber qb? I think you know the answer, and it isn’t even close. 

Which one of those guys was on a max contract that crippled the team when they did?  That’s my point.  Unclear why this is so difficult to understand.   Dak is a good QB.  But he’s not a generational guy you can break the bank for and expect to win a super bowl because you won’t be able to afford the rest of the pieces. 

How many generational QBs come along? Once in a generation? If you let Dak walk, how many years and how many losing seasons will it take to get a very high draft pick and hope you get a great QB?

If Daks walks then who plays QB? Cooper Rush? You have to overpay good not great QBs because the alternative is unacceptable

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol at the refs calling that a td. At no point did that look like a td...

Yeah that was obviously not a TD, even at first glance. WTF?

3 hours ago, RPM said:

They were instructed to give Dallas a TD this drive

Heh ... yep.. Just one of many 'interesting' calls tonight. Some of 'em had me wondering if I was taking crazy pills, esp the obvious first down that wasn't, or the Unnecessary Roughness on the Bills in the 4th ... from the other side of the field.

Edited by wood

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

There have definitely been some great moments of laughter over those years.

One of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions has been watching my nephews soul get crushed a little more with each Cowboy loss.  Mfer born in '88 bandwaggoned in just in time for the first win '93.  That'll learn ya kid.