CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

If he goes to the hospital, I hope the staff refuses to bring him water 

His chances of going to the hospital are extremely low. The spiking of the football with exposures and people doing the quarantine process doesn't really accomplish anything, but I realize that this is the political world we now occupy.

27 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

His chances of going to the hospital are extremely low. The spiking of the football with exposures and people doing the quarantine process doesn't really accomplish anything, but I realize that this is the political world we now occupy.

It's not the political world we now occupy...it's the space reserved for human decency.  And I'm all out of it.  I don't give a flying fuck about someone actively trying to get back in Trump's good graces by burning 60 years of civil rights progress to the ground because the optics of burning an actual black church might not play well on the Sunday morning talk shows.  There is subterfuge and gaming the system while in office to give yourself a slight edge, I've helped people play it.  And then there's flat out trying to re-marginalize people of color because too many of them felt too much like citizens for too long.  Fuck this piece of human shit and all who support him.  

32 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

30 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Like 80-90% of americans live within a 5-10 mile range of a CVS.

office space monday GIF

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's not the political world we now occupy.

It absolutely is the political world we now occupy.  We try to spike the football on disabled people, and people exposed to infectious disease when we see likes at the end of the rainbow. It's a uniquely 21st century form of brain damage. It's particularly stark in its nature when people that have engaged their own risk behaviors with negative outcomes do it. 

You know damn well disabled people can't spike a football.  Have you ever seen Dan Patrick or Donald Trump or Ted Cruz handle a football?  

Wait, we talking about mental or moral disability?  Like my 51 year old sister with Down's Syndrome.  She can't spike a football very well, though she was a medal winning Special Olympics athlete back in the day.  But moral disability?  People like Dan Patrick, Ted Cruz, Donald Trump...those kinds of folks.  I think their disability inhibits their athletic prowess as well, in some sort of karmic justice.

Just now, Anastasis said:

On another note.  Did my first Uber in over a year. 20-30 something driver didn't seem to be very on board with vaccines.  "What do they actually do?". By the time we finished the ride to the mechanic, I had her convinced that they were the light at the end of the tunnel and gave her the links to sign up sites. 

Like you, I always used to give the woman who drove my drunk ass home advice on what shots to get the next day after being with me.  ;) 

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Like you, I always used to give the woman who drove my drunk ass home advice on what shots to get the next day after being with me.  ;) 

This was just a ride to the shop, but probably one of the longer close to close exchanges I have had with another human in an enclosed space in quite a while.  I spent the time evangelizing the gospel of mrna vaccines. I think that she was just happy to be earning again. 

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Pretty good and quick, especially for Lobo who likes to write out a novel for most responses.

My average post word-count isn't in the Top 20 on this site if you go back to when I first joined.  I started writing longer prose a year or two ago because my therapist said when you speak or write more, it makes as if, as a sociopath, you are more about expressing yourself to other people.  And if you can combine that with listening/reading more, you'll blend in with the common people for whom you have justified contempt.  

Plus, I'm on to some great coloring books.  

Edited by Lobo

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You're a robut.

Yes, but one with pith.  Or pithiness.  The one without the orange ring about the hole.  

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

And this is why Uber may be her ceiling.

You are not wrong. I did a double take.  I realize that we all follow this shit more than most, but I was a little taken aback at the comment.  WTF do you mean that you don't know what they do?  Like are we talking fundamentals of vaccines, or the specific of these novel vaccines?  Two very different things.  Was more the former than the latter, but we got there on both after the ride. 

The Uber driver that drove me to the tire shop the other day told me that he and his friend who was the head engineer for NASA invented a Covid cure nasal spray that the government suppressed because reasons. He drove a 10 year old Toyota Corolla.

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

The Uber driver that drove me to the tire shop the other day told me that he and his friend who was the head engineer for NASA invented a Covid cure nasal spray that the government suppressed because reasons. He drove a 10 year old Toyota Corolla.

Like most things these days, NASA outsourcing most of their good work to the private sector.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

His friend Ralph?

https://www.nasa.gov/offices/nesc/team/Ralph_Roe_bio.html

In news unrelated to the private sector landing fucking rockets from space on barges in the ocean, we have real world data showing 90%+ efficacy with vaccines and 80%+ after first dose.  The post mortem will show that the UK approach was better than the US approach, and the people that clamored about preserving second doses sitting in freezers dogmatism were wrong headed. Hindsight and all, but some people were pushing the optimal approach only to get shouted down by people that have zero clue. 

Screenshot-2021-03-29-125102.jpg

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

In news unrelated to the private sector landing fucking rockets from space on barges in the ocean, we have real world data showing 90%+ efficacy with vaccines and 80%+ after first dose.  The post mortem will show that the UK approach was better than the US approach, and the people that clamored about preserving second doses sitting in freezers dogmatism were wrong headed. Hindsight and all, but some people were pushing the optimal approach only to get shouted down by people that have zero clue. 

Screenshot-2021-03-29-125102.jpg

Is it safe to assume the effectiveness was slightly down during this period due to variants or is this just more refined data than the phase 3 trial? 

2 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

This shite is so gut wrenching. Of course these cowards attack elderly women. Building security detail ought be looking for new jobs.

This shit is infuriating.  Re: the building security, I would stake a substantial sum that they have been trained to respond exactly as they did:  if shit is going down outside the building, lock the doors so it doesn't come inside the building.  Corporate pays for those security guards to protect merchandise and property, not to help people on the sidewalk or cover security guard medical bills after they get beat up while rendering aid.  I am not justifying the response on a human level, but it is a shitty place for those low-wage workers to be put in-- do you help someone out or risk your job?  We live in a cruel society. 

• Hook 'Em 1

While I see 956’s point, I have a hunch 360 W 43rd won’t like finding out the downside to such a security manual.

The guard ought to have known he’d be thrown under the bus by such an outfit. He’s been suspended; building management fingered a delivery driver, as well. Both guys are likely keeping their heads down and their fingers crossed. The human level abides.

Can you buy opprobrium insurance? Wouldn’t tenants expect help for grandma, or themselves, after she or they get curbstomped out front?

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This shit is infuriating.  Re: the building security, I would stake a substantial sum that they have been trained to respond exactly as they did:  if shit is going down outside the building, lock the doors so it doesn't come inside the building.  Corporate pays for those security guards to protect merchandise and property, not to help people on the sidewalk or cover security guard medical bills after they get beat up while rendering aid.  I am not justifying the response on a human level, but it is a shitty place for those low-wage workers to be put in-- do you help someone out or risk your job?  We live in a cruel society. 

If I see that, I'm jumping in.  Fuck employment, how about basic human decency?  

Goddamnit that video makes me ragey as fuck.  Fucking pussy-ass cowards.  

• Hook 'Em 6

8 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Is it safe to assume the effectiveness was slightly down during this period due to variants or is this just more refined data than the phase 3 trial? 

I wouldn’t read either one in to those data. That analysis has a vaccine efficacy rate that is functionally equivalent to the trial. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

This shite is so gut wrenching. Of course these cowards attack elderly women. Building security detail ought be looking for new jobs.

6 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

If I see that, I'm jumping in.  Fuck employment, how about basic human decency?  

Goddamnit that video makes me ragey as fuck.  Fucking pussy-ass cowards.  

My 57 year old ass would have form tackled that sob.

• Hook 'Em 2

There has been a lot of these crimes related to Asian Americans here in NYC.  A lot of them are filmed.  This one today, they have a clear view of the guy right before he gets to her.  NYPD are asking for information to find him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/video-shows-asian-american-woman-attacked-in-new-york-city/2021/03/30/8ae17d0f-9e1a-4d0f-9b8e-83a9b65c739a_video.html

• Rage+1 2