CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Rangers ballpark at full capacity today.  Masks "encouraged".  What could go wrong?

I'm tired of my state being the guinea pig for fuck around and find out.

After watching the Rangers they're gonna think Covid can't be that bad

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Got any more backstory? Besides a dude yelling "get out nazis" over and over. Did someone there call the cops?

“The concern was that the people in attendance were not adhering to the government’s COVID-19 public health orders, which are in place to ensure everyone’s safety,” said the police in part.

They knew their was a service so the police showed up. Not much of a story. 

Your thoughts?

• Fuck You 1

You don't get to call anyone "fake news."  Particularly after your utter lack of concern about a literally unceasing torrent of lies from your guy, and the news organizations that supported him and brainwashed 40% of the public.  You lost that right.  The adults can discuss this.  You cannot.  This is the price you pay for being a proponent and supporter of rank dishonesty.  You have zero right to criticize it.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You don't get to call anyone "fake news."  Particularly after your utter lack of concern about a literally unceasing torrent of lies from your guy, and the news organizations that supported him and brainwashed 40% of the public.  You lost that right.  The adults can discuss this.  You cannot.  This is the price you pay for being a proponent and supporter of rank dishonesty.  You have zero right to criticize it.

Do you have a problem with the 60 minutes segment?  It is a straight lying hit piece and the tweet above from Chuckie's favorite twitter account is a quote from the Democratic Mayor of Palm Beach stating as much.  

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I can call these people whatever the fuck I want.

The fact is people can freely see how supposedly respectable news outlets straight up fabricate and edit things to show whatever they want.

The public is becoming more aware over time. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 8

8 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Do you have a problem with the 60 minutes segment?  It is a straight lying hit piece and the tweet above from Chuckie's favorite twitter account is a quote from the Democratic Mayor of Palm Beach stating as much.  

Oh, I'm happy to discuss the piece with you, just not GR.  He lost his "lying is bad" privileges.

Yeah, looks like a shitty piece.  I had a case covered by 60 Minutes quite a few years ago.  Spent a couple of days working with a witness and watching the production crew in action.  The 90 seconds of his interview that they eventually aired had nothing to do with the actual underlying story -- it was just the "sexiest' thing that he said.  And I confirmed at that time that TV journalism, more than any other form, was utter bullshit.  It's geared towards one thing: getting eyes on the screen.  This half-story doesn't surprise me at all.

It's why I don't get much, if any, of my long-form news from TV news.  TV is good for local sports and weather, and for breaking stories where you want to see video of events in real-time and such.  I mean, shit, even Jim Cantore goes over-the-top on weather and shit.

As for the underlying issue....it wouldn't surprise me if there is some favoritism built in to the vaccine distribution ANYWHERE. I've been around long enough to know how politics work, and have no illusions otherwise.  But I'd suspect that it's something under the surface, just reflecting some natural biases, that sort of thing -- not many of these instances will be blatant and over the top.  Even in DeSantis's Florida.  Or in Cuomo's New York.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, you can't.  Because you were silent and approving not just when Trumpist news outlest spewed a constant torrent of lies, and when Trump himself did.

You have demonstrated that lying doesn't bother you.  At all.  Not one bit.  So, you have surrendered any ground to criticize it.  You are okay with lying.  Once you have established that, you have staked out your position.  And now you're stuck with it.  That's the peril of selling your credibility to support a charlatan.  Your credibility is sold and gone.

Tough shit.  You fucked around.  Now find out.

I called out Trump for lying before. I didn’t support everything he did. It just seems that way to you because I’m one of the few people here who defended anything he did. 

Politicians lie all the time. It is truly a both sides deal, but Trump was/is the worst definitely. 

Imagine acting like your “side” never lies and is always just. Lol.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 9

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I called out Trump for lying before. I didn’t support everything he did. It just seems that way to you because I’m one of the few people here who defended anything he did. 

Politicians lie all the time. It is truly a both sides deal, but Trump was/is the worst definitely. 

Nope, I don't imagine that at all.  Imagine people who don't understand the concept of "degree."  Tell you what, how about you touch something hot.  You don't have a problem with hot things, do you?  I mean, "hot" is "hot."  All hot things are hot.  So, I'll touch a plate after a minute in the microwave.  You touch a spot that was just arc-welded at around 5,000 degrees.  I mean, all hot things are hot, degree doesn't matter.

And I'll discuss any issue of whether a statement or story was truthful with any responsible, honest adult who wishes to have an honest conversation.  Which means that you don't get a seat at the table.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Oh shut the fuck up.  Negged again.

So if you watch GRUhorn's alleged "gotcha" video, it shows nothing like what he says it does.

DeSantis can talk about shots in senior arms all he wants, but what he ISN'T talking about is shots in BLACK (senior) arms.  The Glades is the example of a community 25 miles away from a Publix, and DeSantis and GRUhorn don't give a flying fuck because they are both racist pigs.

60 Minutes was right.

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I can call these people whatever the fuck I want.

The fact is people can freely see how supposedly respectable news outlets straight up fabricate and edit things to show whatever they want.

The public is becoming more aware over time. 

If you actually gave a damn about quality reporting, instead of just being an asshole you would shut up about this.  After holding water for a president who spent years yelling "FAKE NEWS," even when there was video evidence it was real, and lying constantly, you have lost any and all credibility on the subject.  You're commenting on journalistic integrity or Cuomo isn't going to lead anyone who hasn't drunk orange Kool-Aid  to anything but knee jerk defense of what happened because of your blatant hypocrisy.  If you actually gave a damn about journalistic integrity or sexual assault or protecting elderly nursing home patients, and given your other posts over the past year or so you plainly don't, you'd shut up and let the adults do the talking.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So if you watch GRUhorn's alleged "gotcha" video, it shows nothing like what he says it does.

DeSantis can talk about shots in senior arms all he wants, but what he ISN'T talking about is shots in BLACK (senior) arms.  The Glades is the example of a community 25 miles away from a Publix, and DeSantis and GRUhorn don't give a flying fuck because they are both racist pigs.

60 Minutes was right.

Read the letter from the Mayor. 

They wanted it to go through Publix, presumably because of logistics, and they discussed local plans to have mass vaxx sites throughout the county, which DeSantis supported.

This was an unbacked by facts, highly edited hit piece. Pretty straightforward. 

Y’all don’t care because Trump’s a liar. Fine. I’m wasting my time here in the supposedly fact based, virtuous, incubator of knowledge known as the CR.

Y’all have a great night. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

Also, obligatory reminder that Publix ownership directly funded the Jan 6 insurrection

https://www.wsj.com/articles/jan-6-rally-funded-by-top-trump-donor-helped-by-alex-jones-organizers-say-11612012063

Out of the $500k needed to host the kickoff to the attack from the ellipse, the heiress to Publix donated $300k. 

No wonder @GRHorn is stanning so hard for em

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

I’m genuinely curious if you can provide us a link to you “calling out” trump for lying because I must have missed it.

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m genuinely curious if you can provide us a link to you “calling out” trump for lying because I must have missed it.

All those times he didn't specifically come here and defend Trump for his latest lie was his way of calling him out.  Lots of evidence of that, look at all the times he didn't comment!

• Hook 'Em 2

Read the letter from the Mayor. 

They wanted it to go through Publix, presumably because of logistics, and they discussed local plans to have mass vaxx sites throughout the county, which DeSantis supported.
This was an unbacked by facts, highly edited hit piece. Pretty straightforward. 
Y’all don’t care because Trump’s a liar. Fine. I’m wasting my time here in the supposedly fact based, virtuous, incubator of knowledge known as the CR.
Y’all have a great night. 
Probably wouldn't be having this issue if you didn't try to carry the water of the boy who cried fake news all the time. People won't give a fuck if it's actual fake news. This is what we like to call "finding out".

3 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah I'm hoping that doesn't turn into a super spreader event. 

Related- I don't think we ended up with the Super Bowl Spreader Event, did we? Game and celebration in Tampa- did the numbers spike in that region?