CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Well, a lot of people feel like shit after taking it. For instance, my 16 yr old son who had covid got the shot so he wouldn't be quarantined from football if exposed. Stupid he felt pressure to get a shot he didn't need but he didn't want to potentially miss a game. Well, he got sick as fuck for 3 days after 1st Pfizer shot. He ended up missing 2 days of school and  2 practices . That's pretty common people feeling ill after the 1st or 2nd shot. Why go through that if you already have natural immunity? 

190d5b5f-3708-420e-8106-e44e27c52277_scr

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

The science says that previously infected persons (natural immunity) have far better protection with the vaccine than those who rely only on natural immunity.  That was the recent KY CDC study.

every ky study i've ever done was associated with very high risk of infection

• Haha 2

Bourbon and sex lube can often lead to unwanted morning regret.  

of course KY is also horse country, so you gotta mix in some paste with that lube.  And then sanitize.  In some order, I forget...

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, hornmpa96 said:

Even the famous Israeli study found that people previously infected with Covid were twice as likely to be reinfected as people who were previously infected who were also vaccinated.

6 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

Even the famous Israeli study found that people previously infected with Covid were twice as likely to be reinfected as people who were previously infected who were also vaccinated.

#1 you're talking past the point as the study showed much greater immunity of natural infection vs vax immunity. Yes, it did show an added benefit if you add 1 dose on top of natural immunity but the protection was already so great vs vax immunity you're really adding very little because the natural immunity was already so much greater than vax immunity. The problem is not people with natural immunity not getting the vax. The problem is the vax does not do a very effective job stopping the spread and unvaxed unimmune people spreading it. I don't understand why a commonsense antibody test can't be a part of the protocol? Then the # of people actually needing to be vaccinated would go down by 30-60M I'd guess. 

• Fuck You 3

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

be careful, he's one tough customer if he could withstand THREE fauci ouchies! You can't even face down one, he'll crush you!

Or it is a fetish. Not my thing. To each his own though. I'm not getting the chicken pox vax either although I guess it would protect me a little more. 

Also, I assume you're talking about the same Fauci who cannot verbalize a good reason for people with natural immunity to get the vaccine? 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Or it is a fetish. Not my thing. To each his own though. I'm not getting the chicken pox vax either although I guess it would protect me a little more. 

You are at a higher risk of shingles if you only have natural immunity, but also it's easy to tell when someone is contagious with a shingles outbreak so it's harder for MUH RIGHTS chuds to refuse public health measures

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

You are at a higher risk of shingles if you only have natural immunity, but also it's easy to tell when someone is contagious with a shingles outbreak so it's harder for MUH RIGHTS chuds to refuse public health measures

Horrible analogy. Chicken pox vaccine is not shingles vaccine. Really really bad analogy. I'll be getting the shingles vax. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

In the words of Devildriver, let them fucking rot.

That's really should be the view. If vaccinated and knowing if you caught it is likely to be mild why worry about others? Unfortunately, it's the wierd you gotta protect the vaxed from the unvaxed. wut? 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That's really should be the view. If vaccinated and knowing if you caught it is likely to be mild why worry about others? Unfortunately, it's the wierd you gotta protect the vaxed from the unvaxed. wut? 

Because ER treatment and ICU beds are finite resources?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Bourbon and sex lube can often lead to unwanted morning regret.  

of course KY is also horse country, so you gotta mix in some paste with that lube.  And then sanitize.  In some order, I forget...

Because my girlfriend is not equal parts: the internet, a tube of Kentucky Jelly, self-loathing, and a sock!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Why get a vax I don't need because I have natural immunity which confers much greater protection than a vaccine which doesn't even stop the spread and really is now a vaccine which will make you less sick. The stop the spread argument no longer holds water. The other argument is still legitimate. I think of you haven't had covid then you'd be kinda stupid not to get the vax so you don't potentially get super sick. In the end though if you want to risk it that's your call. 

Having antibodies from prior infection doesn't count for some reason. 

• Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, lmao said:

Having antibodies from prior infection doesn't count for some reason. 

eat a dick, Fozz.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7032e1.htm

What is added by this report?

Among Kentucky residents infected with SARS-CoV-2 in 2020, vaccination status of those reinfected during May–June 2021 was compared with that of residents who were not reinfected. In this case-control study, being unvaccinated was associated with 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with being fully vaccinated

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

eat a dick, Fozz.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7032e1.htm

What is added by this report?

Among Kentucky residents infected with SARS-CoV-2 in 2020, vaccination status of those reinfected during May–June 2021 was compared with that of residents who were not reinfected. In this case-control study, being unvaccinated was associated with 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with being fully vaccinated

I agree with you, having verifiable antibodies doesn't provide protection. Immunity from prior infection is a farce. It doesn't exist. Only the vaccine provides protection. Science. 

• Fuck You 12

Just now, lmao said:

I agree with you, having verifiable antibodies doesn't provide protection. Immunity from prior infection is a farce. It doesn't exist. Only the vaccine provides protection. Science. 

tfw the findings are that you have 2x+ better protection with prior infection + a vaccine than prior infection alone.

But don't let me get in the way of your willful misinterpretation of the science, fozzy boi

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, lmao said:

It doesn't matter. Just get it. Even if you have antibodies the vax is always better. There is no middle ground. You're either evil for not getting it or you're saving people's lives. It's simple. 

• Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

wait. weren't you just saying the opposite?

I think that was his attempt at sarcasm.

What I find so sad with the Facebook-enabled freedom caucus is the complete inability to grasp any subtlety.  Everything is binary.  "Even vaccinated people can spread covid, so what's the point?"  Well, they spread it LESS FREQUENTLY THAN UNVACCINATED PEOPLE, dumbass.  

If I drive my car into a concrete wall at 70 mph, and I'm not wearing a seatbelt, I stand a very good chance of dying.  If I'm wearing a seatbelt, I stand a significantly lower chance of dying.  BUT PEOPLE WEARING SEATBELTS CAN STILL DIE IF THEY DRIVE INTO A CONCRETE WALL AT 70 MPH!!!

Jesus.  It's exhausting.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think that was his attempt at sarcasm.

What I find so sad with the Facebook-enabled freedom caucus is the complete inability to grasp any subtlety.  Everything is binary.  "Even vaccinated people can spread covid, so what's the point?"  Well, they spread it LESS FREQUENTLY THAN UNVACCINATED PEOPLE, dumbass.  

If I drive my car into a concrete wall at 70 mph, and I'm not wearing a seatbelt, I stand a very good chance of dying.  If I'm wearing a seatbelt, I stand a significantly lower chance of dying.  BUT PEOPLE WEARING SEATBELTS CAN STILL DIE IF THEY DRIVE INTO A CONCRETE WALL AT 70 MPH!!!

Jesus.  It's exhausting.

BTW that not my argument. Wear the seat belt which is the vax for the uninfected. If you already had covid then the natural immunity is your seat belt with airbags. No need to wear a football helmet too. 

• Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol, I don't want to quote it, but did that chucklehead really say that one of the reasons he won't get vaxed is because he might feel a little bad the next day? Omfg, how soft has your life been when a sore arm and a little fatigue are too scary for you?

Or I don't need it because my natural immu nity is stronger than the vax alone. It's a pretty simple concept. I don't ingest or inject meds I don't need. What's the point? Now if I hadn't had covid I'd get it. Fauci can even verbalize a reason for me to get it. 

• Fuck You 6

BTW that not my argument. Wear the seat belt which is the vax for the uninfected. If you already had covid then the natural immunity is your seat belt with airbags. No need to wear a football helmet too. 
Someone already addressed why this is a stupid take strictly from a logistics standpoint but maybe just repeat yourself a few more times saying the same shit since once wasn't enough.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Or I don't need it because my natural immu nity is stronger than the vax alone. It's a pretty simple concept. I don't ingest or inject meds I don't need. What's the point? Now if I hadn't had covid I'd get it. Fauci can even verbalize a reason for me to get it. 

So you're proposing testing everyone for antibodies? And if they're high enough, no vax? Would you commit to getting vaccine if your levels are low? Would you be ok with mandatory vaccines for those with insufficient levels?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

It goes without saying that you've already verified your antibody levels, correct? Being a man of science and all.

IIRC, the initial proposal was vaccine or test. I don't believe it said the frequency or type of test, but as the details are ironed out, if someone wants to have certifiable proof that they've got antibodies according to whatever scale is acceptable, I'm willing to go with that for the time being. I saw on the intertrons that Biden struck some kind of deal with Walmart and some other places to sell the other tests at cost or some such thing. For all the people saying they'll quit before getting the vaccine, then ask your employer to buy the test kits. It's a choice: get the shot or get tested. Don't want to do that? Then au revoir.

23 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Color me shocked that you (intentionally) missed the whole fucking point.

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Whole lotta scientists dropping some knowledge on this thread. 

What hasn’t dropped yet though is Lamar Jackson’s vaccine research paper so I’m just gonna have to get on Facebook to figure out whose right up in here. 

***who’s

• Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

The thought leaders guiding your ilk claim the shingles vaccine is 97% ineffective.  

Live by the sword, die by the sword. 

Good luck.

Looks like it is 90% effective for people who had chicken pox so I'll be getting it. WTF are you talking about?

https://www.medicinenet.com/how_long_does_the_shingrix_vaccine_last/article.htm#:~:text=3%2F5-,How effective is the Shingrix vaccine%3F,first four years after vaccination.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Foosters said:

I already covered this. If people want to risk getting a severe version of covid go for it. I'm not for forcing mandates on private businesses but if you're going to do something draconian like this at least have it make sense and follow the science even though personally I don't agree with it. My body my choice after all. Personal responsibility and choice. Deal with the consequences. 

• Fuck You 9

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I already covered this. If people want to risk getting a severe version of covid go for it. I'm not for forcing mandates on private businesses but if you're going to do something draconian like this at least have it make sense and follow the science even though personally I don't agree with it. My body my choice after all. Personal responsibility and choice. Deal with the consequences. 

You forgot the gofundme campaign.