CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

Why wear a seatbelt when you're a good driver?  I personally get bled by my local barber once a week to purge the bad humors from my body.

Why get a vax I don't need because I have natural immunity which confers much greater protection than a vaccine which doesn't even stop the spread and really is now a vaccine which will make you less sick. The stop the spread argument no longer holds water. The other argument is still legitimate. I think of you haven't had covid then you'd be kinda stupid not to get the vax so you don't potentially get super sick. In the end though if you want to risk it that's your call. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Why get a vax I don't need because I have natural immunity which confers much greater protection than a vaccine which doesn't even stop the spread and really is now a vaccine which will make you less sick. The stop the spread argument no longer holds water. The other argument is still legitimate. I think of you haven't had covid then you'd be kinda stupid not to get the vax so you don't potentially get super sick. In the end though if you want to risk it that's your call. 

My 9 year old had Covid 2 weeks ago. Nobody else in the house got it. You don’t think our vaccines were the reason for that?

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Probably because he wants to stew over more data on that topic.  Nerds are funny that way.  I know it's an alpha sign of leadership to just start spouting off at the mouth about whatever pops into your head, "Uh, if you've been infected...you should get the shot only if...uh (looks around the room)...there are no halogen lights to shove up your ass or dairy creamer to inject into your veins."  

LOL, OK or he was caught off guard and knows the data is showing natural immunity is much better than vax immunity but didn't want to undermine the Biden draconian mandate. 

• Fuck You 1

Don't get it. More 5G for the rest of us. 

Concerning worrying about your son missing football on a board where a lot of us have lot people we care about is an interesting take. And at the end of your story- 

206zhe.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

It doesn't matter. There probably are rare cases of it dropping off but study after study is now showing as it has with other SARS virus immunity is conferring out a long time. The vaccinated is what you have to worry about (well and the unvaxed people who haven't had covid although why worry about them they made a personal choice) because the vax effectiveness seems very short lived. Although new lancet study still doesn't even recommend vax booster because although it basically says you'll likely get it the vaccine still keeps severe events fairly low. You don't need to worry about the people that have had covid. The data is baring that out. It's also why you have a very large chuck of the unvaccinated pushing back because they know they've had covid and they're reading the data like fauci and everyone else. 

i aM ReADinG hTe dATa

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Oh, ok.

So, how long does your natural immunity last?  Not suggesting that a vax is the panacea here, because there's data that the efficacy wears off over time.  

But people who have had covid once...can get it a second time.  That's documented as well.

So, how many times have you had covid?  And if you have had it once, given that others have had it multiple times, how are you guaranteed you won't get it a second time?

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The NYPD is in the same boat as the LAPD.  Lots of officers going to be without a job shortly.  Fucking idiots the lot of them.

https://time.com/6092508/nypd-low-covid-19-vaccination-rate/

We’ll see. When push comes to shove I doubt that many give up the badge and Union protection for a mall security gig

4 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

didn't want to undermine the Biden draconian mandate. 

Aside from you being completely out of your element, what’s draconian? If you don’t want the vaccine, prove a negative test on a weekly basis so we all know you aren’t coming to work and spreading the disease. Stop being a self important drama queen. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

Aside from you being completely out of your element, what’s draconian? If you don’t want the vaccine, prove a negative test on a weekly basis so we all know you aren’t coming to work and spreading the disease. Stop being a self important drama queen. 

Didn't you realize that the  entire world revolves around him?

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

Psst.  It's not only the vax they are against, it's the damned testing as well.  Can't have that offensive wand shoved up our nostrils once a week because my body, my freedom.

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Uh, #1 if you had covid you shouldn't be forced to take a vax you don't need. That's pretty draconian. Forcing vax's on people who have better immunity than the vax. That seems pretty draconian. Even Fauci can't answer that. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 10

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Psst.  It's not only the vax they are against, it's the damned testing as well.  Can't have that offensive wand shoved up our nostrils once a week because my body, my freedom.

Well that’s simply the cost of their anti vax decision. We live in a society and we all eventually want to imagine a world where thousands of people aren’t constantly dying of Covid 

Uh, #1 if you had covid you shouldn't be forced to take a vax you don't need. That's pretty draconian. Forcing vax's on people who have better immunity than the vax. That seems pretty draconian. Even Fauci can't answer that. 

You realize that if he had a definitive answer for every single aspect of this virus/disease/vaccine...35% of the nation would think that was a sign that he created Covid-19.  

"I mean, think about it man?!?  How else could he know the exact timing of when people with natural antibodies would need the vaccination shot?  How come this guy knows the definitive answers to every single question.  He never backtracks, man.  Hey bro, don't call me paranoid man!  Dude, you know man...you know.  This guy was in on it from day one man.  How does he know every single variant and how to combat it unless he was the original designed, bro?!?"  

You raise fair questions.  I don't have the answers. But I thank Jesus that there are smart people looking for them as we type our requisite morning nonsense.  

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Not at the rate of the unvaxxed. 

It's still at a pretty high rate. Look at highly vaccinated countries like Israel. Look at the case study from CDC in MA which caused them to recommend masks again even for vaccinated. Taking the vax is no longer about stopping the spread. You don't even hear that anymore. There is a reason because the science is showing the vax is very poor at stopping the spread. It's very good at keeping people out of the hospital. 

• Fuck You 11

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

And we should just take everyone’s word that they had Covid and when they had it? That’s your proposal?

It's pretty simple. Vaccine or positive antibody test. I think that would be an agreeable commonsense solution. 

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Hot Shots Idiot GIF

excuse me what? Getting vaccinated makes you 350% LESS contagious if you do contract the virus. You fucking waterheads really love moving the goalposts - a significant reduction in risk isn't complete immunity, but it's pretty fucking good.

Go cry in a corner with balled up fists some more, you mental toddler.

I'm sorry, there are a LOT of studies on viral load of the vaccinated. You're not correct. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/delta-infection-unvaccinated-and-vaccinated-people-have-similar-levels-of-virus

• Fuck You 4

It's still at a pretty high rate. Look at highly vaccinated countries like Israel. Look at the case study from CDC in MA which caused them to recommend masks again even for vaccinated. Taking the vax is no longer about stopping the spread. You don't even hear that anymore. There is a reason because the science is showing the vax is very poor at stopping the spread. It's very good at keeping people out of the hospital. 

And yet, you are going to trust your own immune system vs. a vax that you yourself said is very good at keeping people out of a hospital.  Despite the fact that others like you, with a natural immunity, have caught covid a second time.

Maybe  you never get it again.  Maybe you do, and it's just a mild nusiance. Or you end up on a vent.  Doesn't seem to be much middle ground here.

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

And yet, you are going to trust your own immune system vs. a vax that you yourself said is very good at keeping people out of a hospital.  Despite the fact that others like you, with a natural immunity, have caught covid a second time.

Maybe  you never get it again.  Maybe you do, and it's just a mild nusiance. Or you end up on a vent.  Doesn't seem to be much middle ground here.

I'm following the science. There are some very large scale studies from the MAYO Clinic and Israel showing natural immunity is much stronger than the vax. Follow the science. And yes the studies are showing your natural immunity is stronger than the vax. That's not unusual BTW. It's why for instance you don't get chicken pox a 2nd time and other diseases. You also brought up a point which makes no sense. Have people caught covid a 2nd time? Yes, but very rare and much more likely to get Covid if only vaccinated vs natural immunity. 

3 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Keep fucking that chicken you goddamn waterhead. It’s people like you sowing doubt instead of doing the right thing to help us get back to some semblance of normalcy that are the problem.  

It’s all just dissembling, agitation, and you own twisted form of virtue signaling. The vaccine is a proven tool to chip away at this virus. It’s not a panacea. It’s not a magic wand. And NOBODY ever said it was, even the goddamn scientists. 

If you have no real medical reason to not get vaccinated and you still choose not to, then your are an impediment to normalcy and a threat to others. That’s not even a moral judgment, it’s a fact bore out by scientific data and rigorous studies. People like you are the reason that my dad cannot currently get the medical procedure his doctor recommends. Go fuck yourself, fuck your cohort, and fuck any bullshit dissembling mouthpieces you post to try and prop up this flimsy ass argument. 

OK, you seem a lot more sure than Fauci people with natural immunity should get the vaccine. You must be smarter. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

34 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

If you don't want to get vaccinated, no one is going to compel you by force. But society isn't obligated to accommodate your every wish or partisan worldview. I hope you like cross country road trips, paying more for health insurance, and having your employment opportunities reduced to some degree.

But I'm sure they will write many, many Facebook posts celebrating your patriotic stand against tyranny.

Edited by Genco
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I'm sorry, there are a LOT of studies on viral load of the vaccinated. You're not correct. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/delta-infection-unvaccinated-and-vaccinated-people-have-similar-levels-of-virus

The initial viral load is similar.  A vaccine cannot stop the virus from taking hold in the nose and throat.  In point of fact, the vaccine is targeted at preventing disease in the lungs.

BUT . . . big BUT . . . once the vaccinated body recognizes the initial, pre-contagious onslaught, it goes to war on the initial virus that did land, and it wipes it out.  There is a MUCH lower level of contagion associated with vaccinated persons versus unvaccinated persons.

That said, you're a troll, and you won't take this information to heart, because negged.

• Hook 'Em 4

If someone had Covid, fared well, and has active antibodies, I just don't have a problem with them waiting to take the vaccine.  I don't get the anger over that either.

That wasn't a wacko study showing natural immunity fared better than the vaccine.  Gupta isn't a wacko for asking Fauci about it and Fauci wasn't wacko for not speaking against it.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The initial viral load is similar.  A vaccine cannot stop the virus from taking hold in the nose and throat.  In point of fact, the vaccine is targeted at preventing disease in the lungs.

BUT . . . big BUT . . . once the vaccinated body recognizes the initial, pre-contagious onslaught, it goes to war on the initial virus that did land, and it wipes it out.  There is a MUCH lower level of contagion associated with vaccinated persons versus unvaccinated persons.

That said, you're a troll, and you won't take this information to heart, because negged.

Not to mention that symptoms are much less in vaccinated and a symptomatic person is much more likely to spread through coughing, sneezing, runny nose, etc.

Edited by Don Johnson

8 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

If someone had Covid, fared well, and has active antibodies, I just don't have a problem with them waiting to take the vaccine.  I don't get the anger over that either.

That wasn't a wacko study showing natural immunity fared better than the vaccine.  Gupta isn't a wacko for asking Fauci about it and Fauci wasn't wacko for not speaking against it.

That reasonable talk is not allowed in the CR. EVERYONE MUST TAKE VAX REGARDLESS OF THE SCIENCE OR BENEFIT. 

• Fuck You 2

Why do you continue to ignore the other part of the mandate? You don’t have to get the vax if you get tested weekly.

Also, all of the studies I’ve seen consistently make the point that getting one dose of the vax for previously infected individuals confers better immunity than infection alone.

• Hook 'Em 1

The problem, as always, is stupid, selfish people. Make the vaccines voluntary for those who were previously infected, and, all of the sudden, everyone's already had it with absolutely no way to prove otherwise. 

Unless you're okay with being subjected to antibody testing?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

He already suggested that a compromise.  And I think it's a pretty reasonable one. These OSHA rules aren't written yet. They should probably consider these sorts of elements in anticipation of the legal challenges.  

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The problem, as always, is stupid, selfish people. Make the vaccines voluntary for those who were previously infected, and, all of the sudden, everyone's already had it with absolutely no way to prove otherwise. 

I'm fine with antibody testing. At least it makes sense. Now I honestly believe if you want to potentially kill yourself by not getting the vax if you haven't had covid that's your personal choice but if we are going to do it at least make it make sense instead of everybody has to get it regardless of natural immunity. 

• Fuck You 2

Show me the science where vaccine immunity is stronger than natural immunity. Large scale studies are showing otherwise but maybe you have access to a secret study. 

The science says that previously infected persons (natural immunity) have far better protection with the vaccine than those who rely only on natural immunity.  That was the recent KY CDC study.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Show me the science where vaccine immunity is stronger than natural immunity. Large scale studies are showing otherwise but maybe you have access to a secret study. 

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7032e1.htm

What is added by this report?

Among Kentucky residents infected with SARS-CoV-2 in 2020, vaccination status of those reinfected during May–June 2021 was compared with that of residents who were not reinfected. In this case-control study, being unvaccinated was associated with 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with being fully vaccinated.

• Hook 'Em 3