CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

4 hours ago, Bookman said:

Lol’ing at someone complaining about feeling sick after the vaccine. That means it’s working!

I went to the gym a few years ago and woke up the next morning unable to move without muscle pain. I hurt for days. People told me that it was normal, but it hurt so bad, so I switched to diet coke to pair with my mid-morning ice cream sundae instead of going back to the gym. I've since lost both feet to diabetes, but at least I didn't get any more muscle soreness from exercise. Don't let big iron push you around with their weighty lies!

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Mole said:

I went to the gym a few years ago and woke up the next morning unable to move without muscle pain. I hurt for days. People told me that it was normal, but it hurt so bad, so I switched to diet coke to pair with my mid-morning ice cream sundae instead of going back to the gym. I've since lost both feet to diabetes, but at least I didn't get any more muscle soreness from exercise. Don't let big iron push you around with their weighty lies!

It's just so fucking stupid. The only reason covid is even a thing any more is because of these assholes.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

They could gargle with a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide, but I gotta say...they are thisclose to sodium hypochlorite and then the circle will have closed.

Yeah but I think presenting the idea that if 3% H2O2 is good, then 30% H2O2 is so much better is a strong way to go as well.  Although bleach is much easier for them to get a hold of…

• Hook 'Em 1

I've heard some of this already but Variety wrote a story. Can't be said enough IMO. Howard Stern lays into Joe Rogan and the unvaxxed shitheads.

https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/howard-stern-joe-rogan-ivermectin-covid-1235063559/

Howard Stern is continuing to criticize people who refuse to get vaccinated for COVID-19, and he’s now set his sights on Joe Rogan after the controversial podcast host revealed he took ivermectin to treat his COVID diagnosis, rather than get vaccinated.

Last week, Rogan ranted on a podcast about the media’s coverage of his supposedly doctor-approved ivermectin treatment, which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration says should not be used to treat or prevent COVID-19. Some versions of ivermectin are also used to deworm livestock.

“Bro, do I have to sue CNN?” Rogan said. “They’re making shit up! They keep saying I’m taking horse dewormer. I literally got it from a doctor. It’s an American company. They won the Nobel Prize in 2015 for use in human beings and CNN is saying I’m taking horse dewormer. They must know that’s a lie.” (The Nobel Prize was for use in parastic infections, however., not COVID-19)

Related Stories

VIP

How YouTube Should Tweak Its Premium Lite Push

Hollywood Pays Tribute to Norm Macdonald: ‘One of the Greatest Comedians to Have Ever Lived’

Stern went on the air Monday and called out Rogan for taking ivermectin and “all the shitheads in our country who won’t get vaccinations.”

“I heard Joe Rogan was saying, ‘What are you busting my balls [for]? I took horse de-wormer and a doctor gave it to me.’ Well, a doctor would also give you a vaccine, so why take horse-dewormer?” Stern said.

He added, “We have no time for idiots in this country anymore,” Stern said. “We don’t want you. We want you to all either go the hospital, and stay home, die there with your COVID. Don’t take the cure, but don’t clog up our hospitals with your COVID when you finally get it. Stay home, don’t bother with science, it’s too late. Go fuck yourself, we just don’t have time for you.”

Last week, Stern said on his SiriusXM radio that the vaccine should be mandatory and called people who refuse to get vaccinated “idiots.” He also called out the recent trend of anti-vaccine radio hosts who have died from COVID and said that people who aren’t vaccinated shouldn’t be admitted to hospitals if they get the virus.

“When are we gonna stop putting up with the idiots in this country and just say it’s mandatory to get vaccinated? Fuck ’em. Fuck their freedom. I want my freedom to live. I want to get out of the house already. I want to go next door and play chess. I want to go take some pictures. This is bullshit,” he said last week. “If you have a heart attack or any kind of problem, you can’t even get into the E.R. And I’m really of a mind to say, ‘Look, if you didn’t get vaccinated and you got Covid, you don’t get into a hospital.'”

Listen to Stern below.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, brakeman said:

Brilliant cross-examination. It invites objection, which allows the examiner space to state her case again in front of the fact finder. And she did ask a question - "Right?" or "Correct?" in its most common form. 

Katie Porter protégé.

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Same. At 80% are we still getting 150k infections a day?

My thought is one of two things (and both may be true) -- 1) we ain't at 80%, and/or 2) to reach any real "herd immunity," we need to hit 95%.

Also, when a big chunk of our population is kids under 12 who can't be vaccinated yet.....that 80% just sounds damned high.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

My thought is one of two things (and both may be true) -- 1) we ain't at 80%, and/or 2) to reach any real "herd immunity," we need to hit 95%.

Also, when a big chunk of our population is kids under 12 who can't be vaccinated yet.....that 80% just sounds damned high.

As a parent of 8, 10 and 12 year olds, I think its damn near impossible that they haven't already had Covid.  Anecdotal, but I would believe 80% of kids under 12 have been infected.

Edited by Don Johnson

3 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

So...pre the Delta surge (and, that estimate is from a self-selected pool of people who donate blood, so not a random sampling at all).  In any case, not enough antibody prevalence to hold off the crushing surge that we've seen.  Either we ain't at 80%, or 80% ain't nearly enough to make a difference.  Take your pick.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

As a parent of 8, 10 and 12 year olds, I think its damn near impossible that they haven't already had Covid.  Anecdotal, but I would believe 80% of kids under 12 have been infected.

No chance. It just swept through my kid’s class the second week of school. 11/25 got it. 

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

No chance. It just swept through my kid’s class the second week of school. 11/25 got it. 

No chance 80% of kids under 12 have been infected?  Or no chance they haven't?

The other 14 probably had it before.

My kids haven't missed a day of school since last August, while playing every sport they could sign up for.  I imagine they've been exposed 100 times a piece.

Edited by Don Johnson

I don’t think that many have had it. My kids did all those things last year too and never a sniffle. Delta got her the first full week of school. Plenty of unvaccinated teens in other kids MS getting it too. 

I hope you’re right though. 

Edited by 4th&Five

22 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Huh? That's not even anecdotal data. Your thinking they've had it isn't confirmation they've had it. Unless I'm not understanding what you said there.

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I don’t think that many have had it. My kids did all those things last year too and never a sniffle. Delta got her the first full week of school. Plenty of unvaccinated teens in other kids MS getting it too. 

I hope you’re right though. 

This thing has been going on for what...80 weeks?  And 44% of kids in one class got it in a single week?  For that small sample size, 80% seems easy.

I know very few HS and zero college kids (obviously older than 18) that didn't have it.  

Elementary age seem to be asymptomatic or minor symptoms.  My 8 year old tested positive for antibodies and we were like WTF?

I have no evidence, just gut feeling that they've all been exposed so much its impossible.

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Huh? That's not even anecdotal data. Your thinking they've had it isn't confirmation they've had it. Unless I'm not understanding what you said there.

Agreed, poor use of anecdotal with regards to a positive test.  More anecdotal into my kids activities (school, sports, spend the nights, camp, etc.), their exposure, their mask wearing, their peers mask wearing(poor) and so on that may not represent other kids' experiences.  I find it hard to believe my kids haven't directly been exposed many, many times.

They've been in school for 5 weeks in the middle of the delta surge with "masks optional" (I'd guess 15% do so) and there have been very few cases at the school.  Not one in any of my kid's classes.  That tells me, either most everyone has already had it, or its borderline unnoticeable in the kids who have gotten it.

Edited by Don Johnson

A friend of mine just said her father died from Covid last night.  He was fully vaccinated but was probably in his 70s maybe even over 80.  Not sure if he had underlying conditions but I would be so pissed if one of my parents died from Covid and I would probably blame the unvaccinated idiots for allowing the virus to mutate and continue to spread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Friend of my wife had to go in for emergency surgery due to some sort of complication involving Crohn's disease. Surgery should have been quick and straight forward. She had to lay on a stretcher in a hallway for 4 hours before they could get her into a room to perform the surgery. This was at St. David's in Austin.

• Rage+1 2

34 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

This thing has been going on for what...80 weeks?  And 44% of kids in one class got it in a single week?  For that small sample size, 80% seems easy.

I know very few HS and zero college kids (obviously older than 18) that didn't have it.  

Elementary age seem to be asymptomatic or minor symptoms.  My 8 year old tested positive for antibodies and we were like WTF?

I have no evidence, just gut feeling that they've all been exposed so much its impossible.

My gut tells me your gut has no idea what its talking about. Unless of course your gut has some sort of specialized knowledge in virology, immunology, molecular biology, or epidemiology that my gut isn't aware of.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Maybe you should have them be tested for antibodies rather than toss out WAGs to support the further confirmation bias apparent in your posts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Maybe you should have them be tested for antibodies rather than toss out WAGs to support the further confirmation bias apparent in your posts.

What is my apprant confirmation bias?  Is it that I believe a very high number of kids under 12 have had Covid, many without knowing?  Because I pretty clearly stated that if you told me it was 80% I would believe that.  If you disagree, cool.

And I did test them for antibodies as I posted.  My 8 year old dinged positive for antibodies two weeks ago and evidently has had Covid "recently."  We have no idea when that happened.  

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

(CNBC's Squawk Box has become unabashedly trumper and Q adjacent to fit a narrative. Switch to Bloomberg.)

Anyone who thinks they may have contracted COVID-19 should test for it (and current antibody levels, if positive). 

Too many conflate a cold with full-blown COVID.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

It doesn't matter. Just get it. Even if you have antibodies the vax is always better. There is no middle ground. You're either evil for not getting it or you're saving people's lives. It's simple. 

I have both. I got the JJ vaccine a while ago. 

13 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

What is my apprant confirmation bias?  Is it that I believe a very high number of kids under 12 have had Covid, many without knowing?  Because I pretty clearly stated that if you told me it was 80% I would believe that.  If you disagree, cool.

And I did test them for antibodies as I posted.  My 8 year old dinged positive for antibodies two weeks ago and evidently has had Covid "recently."  We have no idea when that happened.  

My impression from the scores of posts I've seen from you over the last 18 months is that you want don't think COVID is a  not to be a big deal.  Of course maybe I'm wrong, but that's just my gut.

Edited by DDD Dad
Huckleberry's take is spot on

4 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

My impression from the scores of posts I've seen from you over the last 18 months is that you don't think COVID is a big deal, that masks are unnecessary, etc., etc.  Of course maybe I'm wrong, but that's just my gut.

I read it differently. I believe that he wants COVID not to be a big deal and so he jumps on any news or possible information that would make that more likely. Still confirmation bias but with a different root cause.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Huckleberry said:

I read it differently. I believe that he wants COVID not to be a big deal and so he jumps on any news or possible information that would make that more likely. Still confirmation bias but with a different root cause.

I accept your amendment, sir.

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

That's not what that study shows. Those studies clearly state "some evidence of covid antibodies in Americans OVER THE AGE OF 16." 

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

My impression from the scores of posts I've seen from you over the last 18 months is that you don't think COVID is a big deal, that masks are unnecessary, etc., etc.  Of course maybe I'm wrong, but that's just my gut.

I've been vaxxed since early March, first opportunity I had.  Wife since April, first opportunity she had.  Encourage everyone to.  My entire extended family is 100% minus a couple of 12 year olds.  Have no problem wearing masks inside on a temporary basis.  i require them for the 2 unvaxxed in my office.  Not for vaxxed.  Think my only complaint about masks has been a silly requirement in a single city to wear one while coaching youth baseball in the summer.  I've also posted that it would be stupid to require them for high school sports such as football.  My kids wear masks in school, despite it being optional.  Although I will admit, we mainly do it to avoid mandatory quarantines.  

However, I am a positive person.  I am not constant doom and gloom.  While I do see this as serious, I do not freak out about every single thing like many do - for example football and school last year, which the surl predicted as disasters.  I am pro live life, and believe that's what's best for my family.  I can't imagine the damage that would've been done to my children if I had shut them down the way some have over the past 18 months.  They would've missed out on some very important moments.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

My gut tells me your gut has no idea what its talking about. Unless of course your gut has some sort of specialized knowledge in virology, immunology, molecular biology, or epidemiology that my gut isn't aware of.

Gut feel is what you get after the ivermectin gets done detaching your stomach lining from you.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

I've been vaxxed since early March, first opportunity I had.  Wife since April, first opportunity she had.  Encourage everyone to.  My entire extended family is 100% minus a couple of 12 year olds.  Have no problem wearing masks inside on a temporary basis.  i require them for the 2 unvaxxed in my office.  Not for vaxxed.  Think my only complaint about masks has been a silly requirement in a single city to wear one while coaching youth baseball in the summer.  I've also posted that it would be stupid to require them for high school sports such as football.  My kids wear masks in school, despite it being optional.  Although I will admit, we mainly do it to avoid mandatory quarantines.  

However, I am a positive person.  I am not constant doom and gloom.  While I do see this as serious, I do not freak out about every single thing like many do - for example football and school last year, which the surl predicted as disasters.  I am pro live life, and believe that's what's best for my family.  I can't imagine the damage that would've been done to my children if I had shut them down the way some have over the past 18 months.  They would've missed out on some very important moments.

My initial take wasn't being fair to you so I modified per Huckleberry.