2020 Dems: Iowa (how it works and what to look for)

bad_teammate

4 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

As a brief aside, this movie came out when I was a freshman in college and all of them looked old as fuck when it first released. Now I think Paul Rudd looks young here and it hurts my soul.

dude is aging better than tom cruise

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Here’s the thing: I’m not jazzed about Pete or Biden or Bloomberg.  But if the various Dem factions are going to demand perfection from their candidate, then we’re going to lose again to a Republican Party content to unite behind retarded Satan.  

Bingo.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....heard that on the drive in, and it just further cements my opinion that we're irreversibly fucked.  It's not just her.  There's an army of "her."  She is us.  That's the dominant voice in this country -- not only do they not care if the president doesn't make their lives better, hell, not only do they not care if he makes it WORSE....the only metric of success is whether he makes someone ELSE suffer.

Our new national motto sure ain't "e pluribus unum" - it's "misery loves company."

There's no recovery from this.  It's one thing to shoot yourself in the dick.  It's quite another to celebrate doing so and cocking the hammer back to shoot it again and again.

Voice of reason, folks.  He’s been saying for 3 years now that the grand experiment is over. He’s the after credits scene in Ferris bueller. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Voice of reason, folks.  He’s been saying for 3 years now that the grand experiment is over. He’s the after credits scene in Ferris bueller. 

1) funny you bring Ferris Bueller up -- it was on cable this weekend, and I caught the last 15 minutes or so.  Hadn't seen any of it in ages.

2) it reminded me how attractive Mia Sara was back in the day.

MV5BZjgyYjc0ZWUtNTUxZi00MzhkLThiZDMtM2Ez

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

We understand the problem - and it has plagued the Party for some time now. 

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020/02/iowa-democrats-and-elite-incompetence.html

Dumb article. The top 10 percent is equally divided between dem and republican. Its the top .001 percent who are all republican who are fucking all of us over, whether you be in the top 10 percent, “managerial class” whatever that means, outside it, republican or dem. Its up to a majority of the country to recognize and deal with that, not one half of the top 10 percent. 

49 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Have you contacted any of the campaigns to consult with them? I would think deep insights like this would have them banging down your door. 

Ginsburg is 86 and has cancer but let's take the strategy that has won the majority of the past elections and a landslide in 2018 and just throw it out the window.  This would be like the Supreme Court hanging in the balance and the Republican Party saying "Let's give this Ron Paul thing a try."

4 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Lol

3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Lol the cognitive dissonance in real time by the goofs surrounding him was so STUNNING AND BRAVE

Did you seriously just post something and then go check to see if it was already posted after you posted it?

You know you did that backwards, right?  I mean obviously your only motivation is to troll this thread, but at least be less of a dummy about it. 

Edited by Huckleberry

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Did you seriously just post something and then go check to see if it was already posted after you posted it?

You know you did that backwards, right?  I mean obviously your only motivation is to troll this thread, but at least be less of a dummy about it. 

Actually no, I had the guy blocked who posted it so I didn't see it until opening quotes of replies. Maybe take a chill pill, your boy Gary Johnson still isn't out of it this cycle!

TongueTiedGovGaryJohnson_ani.gif