The New Car Fanatic Thread

Assman

Days of the K5 are gone. I’m not a Ford guy but I hope they do something with the Bronco. I think it will still suck, but it won’t be as bad as the new blazer bullshit GM is rolling out.  It should at least have eco boost and be able to fit decent tires etc. Still won’t be what we all love about the broncos from inception to the early 90’s (I’ve blocked bronco II’s out of my mind) but it might be something. 

Probably pretty close to the Ranger Raptor. I bet it will share the Ranger Raptor/Everest rear coil spring/Watts link setup over the leafs of the normal Ranger.

I look at it Ford’s version of the Toyota Prado platform, which they make the 4Runner, Lexus GX, FJ Cruiser, and Land Cruiser Prado (world version of Lexus GX) on. They even have a 2 door short wheelbase Prado, so they make it in 3 different wheelbases.

Cadillac announced the new ATS errrrrr CT4-v, yesterday. And it's definitely a little v because the motor is GM's 2.7L turbo 4, putting out "just" 320 hp. That's the same as the ATS non-V with a V6, and down 144 hp from the ATS-V.

6 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

70% confident the origin had to do with Rocko being wrong yet certain about something. 

I thought it was a good poster who just made a mistake.  I'm not digging thru the scat site to figure it out though. Unless I'm thinking of the La Ferrari meme that was going for awhile.  I dont know.

as much as I love the Ford gt. it just isn't the same without the V8.  I don't care if the 6 performs as well or not.  the car absolutely should have a V8 in it.  that is the heart, soul and heritage of it.  you have a v8 in all the premium mustangs, but not in the super car?  Gtfo.  

as much as I love the Ford gt. it just isn't the same without the V8.  I don't care if the 6 performs as well or not.  the car absolutely should have a V8 in it.  that is the heart, soul and heritage of it.  you have a v8 in all the premium mustangs, but not in the super car?  Gtfo.  
Agreed. I wasn't a fan of the sound. Still looked amazing though.

Yeah, but they at least had a reason; they did it to race with first and foremost. At least they didn’t tease us first like Jag did with the XJ-220.

11 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

29fbc81b9c998fb4ea9a106b1c48829b.jpg

Spotted in river oaks on my way home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was getting the wife's QX80 serviced this morning and the McLaren/Maserati dealer is next door (same dealership group).  Lots of McLarens including a purple 720s.  That thing was amazing.  They are so low to the ground, too.  Many fun used cars, too.  488 Italia, 2 911 Turbos, Huracan, and many lesser but still awesome cars like an E63 wagon, RS7, etc.  Helped passing the time a bit.

Time to throw in something for the Surly 99%ers....

Sold my 2000 Cherokee Sport (96,000 miles on the clock) to one of my sons last week, so I am on the market for a new ride. Being the retired tightwad that I am, the most appealing & practical vehicle for me seems to be the Honda Civic Couple with the turbocharged 4 banger. In pearl white with ivory interior, plus the sun roof & heated seats are liked by Mrs. Brat (she has an Accord). I like the big door to haul my ample carcass in & out of.

Am gonna miss that  sweet Jeep though.

Edited by Armybrat