The New Car Fanatic Thread

Assman

8 hours ago, pepper brooks said:

I comes deflated and collapsed so it will fit on the compartment. They give you a compressor that is powered off the car battery.  Compressor fitting only fits the spare, and there is a bracket holding the tire in the bay that has no obvious way to unscrew it. There is a solid bracket that has no screw on top. I couldn’t figure out how the hell to operate it. Crazy. Looked on line and didn’t see anything for our year. Only the early models. I’m going to ask the dealer to show me how to use it next time I’m there. No way that shit needs to be that complicated. 

i kinda thought so.  more a reminder for people who don't have german engineering in the spare tire well

• Like 1

Pics dammit!!

Speaking of depreciation I got an email from Tesla saying I would get a free upgrade to ludicrous mode ($20k) if I bought a new one. So I took a gander. $120k no thanks. I’ll stick to my 2013 model S P85+ but 0-60 in under 3 seconds sounds wild.

Definitely not an ordinary Saturday but it was fun, lol.  They even threw in one for the soon to be little man.  I am absolutely in love with the GTS.  The look, the sound, the feel..Unbelievable.  The soon to be baby mama (still no pics) did beat me on the way home though :(  

Both.jpg

hCay-1.jpg

LM-1.jpg

Pan-1.jpg

Pan-2.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, troph said:

Speaking of depreciation I got an email from Tesla saying I would get a free upgrade to ludicrous mode ($20k) if I bought a new one. So I took a gander. $120k no thanks. I’ll stick to my 2013 model S P85+ but 0-60 in under 3 seconds sounds wild.

I watched a Tesla beat the shit out of a crotch rocket the other day.  Not sure what size bike but was amazed.  

I watched a Tesla beat the shit out of a crotch rocket the other day.  Not sure what size bike but was amazed.  

I never lose 0-60 in mine if I have decent tires, and that’s at just over 3 seconds. I can’t imagine new gen under 3. That’s just well, ludicrous.

Definitely not an ordinary Saturday but it was fun, lol.  They even threw in one for the soon to be little man.  I am absolutely in love with the GTS.  The look, the sound, the feel..Unbelievable.  The soon to be baby mama (still no pics) did beat me on the way home though   
Both.jpg
hCay-1.jpg
LM-1.jpg
Pan-1.jpg
Pan-2.jpg
Awesome. I've been wanting to drive a Panamera GTS but my local dealer doesn't have any and all the ones that are coming in are presold. Might have to wait for a used one to pop up.

4 hours ago, Atxracer said:

Definitely not an ordinary Saturday but it was fun, lol.  They even threw in one for the soon to be little man.  I am absolutely in love with the GTS.  The look, the sound, the feel..Unbelievable.  The soon to be baby mama (still no pics) did beat me on the way home though :(  

Both.jpg

hCay-1.jpg

LM-1.jpg

Pan-1.jpg

Pan-2.jpg

The exhaust note on the gts is a work of art. I was concerned about that when they put the turbos on the gts, but it appears there is no issue there. Beautiful machines. Enjoy!

Edited by pepper brooks

Pretty sure that turbo 4.0 in the GTS and Turbo is the same Bentley and Audi derived V8 that went in the S6/7, RS7 and S8. It's a hoot and makes all the right noises. I'd like to see what they've done to improve upon it as the oil separator and turbo supply line are the only big known issues, associated with higher mileage cars.

• Like 1

Pretty sure that turbo 4.0 in the GTS and Turbo is the same Bentley and Audi derived V8 that went in the S6/7, RS7 and S8. It's a hoot and makes all the right noises. I'd like to see what they've done to improve upon it as the oil separator and turbo supply line are the only big known issues, associated with higher mileage cars.
Just makes me angry that they are pulling the motor from the S6/S7 and giving it to Porsche while giving Audi the 2.9 V6 from the base Panamera.

On 5/21/2019 at 3:41 PM, bigcigar said:

Not sure if this is the right place, but I’m not a car guy and looking for opinions. I’m thinking about replacing my g37 with a Lexus CPO IS or GS, but my car fanatic coworkers said I really should test drive a Genesis G70 first.

I’m going for long term reliability as a daily driver. I don’t drive fast or aggressively, but appreciate being able to move around slow drivers in the g37.

Thoughts on IS, GS or G70?

On 5/21/2019 at 4:32 PM, Okie State said:

Based strictly on reliability, I'd go with the Lexus GS. The G70 does look interesting though so I'd definitely drive both.

Why not another Infiniti if you like your current one?

On 5/21/2019 at 7:04 PM, tbone_ said:

I’d get whichever one you like best. They’re all good.

My neighbor had a Genesis and he never seemed to have any problems. He did say some little things did not have the same solid feel as a Mercedes , or Lexus, BMW, etc. 

But, as was also said, go with the one you like most. I think a person has to try pretty hard to find an awful car in that class.

17 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

My neighbor had a Genesis and he never seemed to have any problems. He did say some little things did not have the same solid feel as a Mercedes , or Lexus, BMW, etc. 

But, as was also said, go with the one you like most. I think a person has to try pretty hard to find an awful car in that class.

Thanks. I ended up with the G70...hopefully I don’t regret it. I wasn’t expecting to end there, but really enjoy driving it.

Genesis has some dealership quirks to work out still, but I could see it becoming a pretty competitive luxury brand if they do. The dealership experience absolutely has to be fixed for them to be viable...I could see the Hyundai experience not working for most of the market.

On 5/24/2019 at 12:37 PM, G650 said:

Finances aside, it would be the smartest decision from a not looking like a pretentious douche standpoint. The first thought anyone is going to have watching your wife trying manhandle a baby out of a Porsche is "what kind of fucking clown is this dumb bitch married to?"

And the reality will set in that the answer is the kind who can go drop 300k in a weekend for a pair of cars, and then realize they are just jealous. I always find that it says way more about the person who judges one based on the cars they drive than the car says about the owners. 

Because we don't have enough soft-roaders, GM is bringing back the Trailblazer nameplate on a hatchback crossover that fits in the 15" gap between the Trax and Equinox

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27632994/2021-chevrolet-trailblazer-photos-info/

Wonder how much consumer confusion they're going to cause by having both Blazers and Trailblazers on the lot?

Edited by elfenix

Because we don't have enough soft-roaders, GM is bringing back the Trailblazer nameplate on a hatchback crossover that fits in the 15" gap between the Trax and Equinox

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27632994/2021-chevrolet-trailblazer-photos-info/

Wonder how much consumer confusion they're going to cause by having both Blazers and Trailblazers on the lot?

That new Blazer is horrible.

That new Blazer is horrible.

40 minutes ago, elfenix said:

That shit is terribad