The New Car Fanatic Thread

Assman

10 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
12 hours ago, G650 said:
20180904-072450.jpg

A suit? I thought you were in construction?

Honestly can't remember what I was off to that day.

10 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Where's the Grey Poupon? 

In the fridge of course

20190421-065508.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My old man's Escalade is the biggest piece of shit he has ever owned. Great drivetrain, but the electrical and fucking plastic door handles, break, or go on the fritz monthly. Will never own a Cadillac product.
CHIEF
All of this on the escalade. Same for the Yukon Denali... The door handles and shocks are shitty... I've replaced all socks and 2 door handles in 3 years.
On the flip side, my fil is on his 3rd escalade and may never buy anything else...

I love my cts wagon, though. Sometimes I wish it were a V, but it's fast enough with 318hp. It's my favorite car of all (granted, I've only owned two Mazda cars, and the rest have been 3 trucks/2 suvs)

I'd buy another used Cadillac car, but the denali/escalade suv can pound sand.

Are those the Magride shocks you've had to replace? I'm leaning more and more toward converting mine to a standard suspension when they go. They're nice when they work, but I didn't buy a GM with a solid LS drivetrain only to have to drop a grand on new shocks every few years.

Are those the Magride shocks you've had to replace? I'm leaning more and more toward converting mine to a standard suspension when they go. They're nice when they work, but I didn't buy a GM with a solid LS drivetrain only to have to drop a grand on new shocks every few years.

Yes. I stopped going to the dealer for them, because they're out of their fn mind on parts and labor... I ordered on Amazon and got my mech to put them on for half the cost...

The mags seize up badly for no rhyme or reason. When you see an escalade bouncing, it's not hydraulics, it's magnetics and it sucks...

I gave it to my wife because I don't like to drive out and she does. I drive my 2004 avalanche with 160k miles and I love it... I had to redo the the top end and cam because I had a stuck lifter... And drove on it for who knows how long... I'm keeping the av forever...

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 5:42 PM, texas08 said:

Registration expired AF.

I got it inspected yesterday, registered it on line last night, and got pulled over for expired/no sticker (I peeled it off yesterday) by a south side place cop today. I could hear his disappointment when I told him I renewed yesterday and showed him my receipt. d34d2a4d87cf40b9d473814d6ada752d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pepper brooks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There’s no color change that can lessen the whiteness of a forester. 

yeah it is a “white” vehicle lol!

The color is at least offset a little by being a sport trim so they blacked out the grill and wheels and put some more black accenting around elsewhere.

Adding some black to the hood will break it up a little more.

4bfda5fe498de71d5aabcbdc73a20a1c.jpg
df7723e20f23b2c6f853e775e04406cc.jpg
32ff9d78ff2fc41ad281cb50906803d5.jpg

On 4/23/2019 at 8:54 PM, Chewbacca said:
On 4/23/2019 at 8:51 PM, Okie State said:
Fancy boy hands for being in construction.

I bet G650s hands are quite soft. As soft as anyone outside of Chitown

Bro, I lift.  Calloused to hell.  Also I started my business skills bidding on construction clean up jobs in HS.  We did 100% of the work ourselves. That shit is hell.  

Today I’m driven around and pampered.  But again, I lift, bro.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Need to post with my 5980r. Bastards.
  • Like 1

Bro, I lift.  Calloused to hell.  Also I started my business skills bidding on construction clean up jobs in HS.  We did 100% of the work ourselves. That shit is hell.  
Today I’m driven around and pampered.  But again, I lift, bro.  

I love you, bro. But i know your hands right now are as soft as Derka's fupa.

I lift, too. And i did the same kind of jobs as a yute. And my hands are regrettably soft...
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I love you, bro. But i know your hands right now are as soft as Derka's fupa.

I lift, too. And i did the same kind of jobs as a yute. And my hands are regrettably soft...

After that Derka line, I’m gonna jam my hands through a meat grinder first thing in the morning.  

• Like 2

I think about all the shit I should buy when I'm working my ass off so here goes.

Want a truck, but not sure I want a truck. Don't really need it, but I'm in a construction-related field so a truck is always a good play. We already have enough room for kids/dogs/storage/hauling so a truck isn't a necessity. But a few co-workers have some nice F-150s so its on the radar. Is the Limited Edition worth it? Is the engine actually tuned like the Raptor, or can it be done? The website has the same engine listed and someone above said it was the same engine but my understanding is they add a chip and do a lot of tuning to the Raptor to get to the increased horsepower. Seems easy enough to do if that's the case. I'm a fairly aggressive driver, but not crazy. I enjoy performance though.

At the very least I need some sort of SUV/sedan that can hold up to 5 people, so no console in the middle of the backseat. Doesn't need to be that big or comfortable, but I have two kids and would be nice to not have to switch cars to haul them and friends around. I currently have a 2012 A6 which fits the bill ok.

Not really looking, but circumstances might allow for an upgrade. Love my Audi but it hasn't exactly been maintenance free so not sure I'd move up to an S6.

Don't want a turbowagon that seems to be the rage these days. Love the engines, but I'm not driving a fast station wagon. I grew up watching out of the backseat of a station wagon. Probably had 5 HP vs. 500, but that's not happening.

Needs to be a manly enough car to take to a project site and not pretentious enough to be noticed. 5 seats, decent trunk space. 5 figures.

Sell me on something here or sell me on something besides an F-150 Limited as a truck.

Back to work.

6 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

I think about all the shit I should buy when I'm working my ass off so here goes.

Want a truck, but not sure I want a truck. Don't really need it, but I'm in a construction-related field so a truck is always a good play. We already have enough room for kids/dogs/storage/hauling so a truck isn't a necessity. But a few co-workers have some nice F-150s so its on the radar. Is the Limited Edition worth it? Is the engine actually tuned like the Raptor, or can it be done? The website has the same engine listed and someone above said it was the same engine but my understanding is they add a chip and do a lot of tuning to the Raptor to get to the increased horsepower. Seems easy enough to do if that's the case. I'm a fairly aggressive driver, but not crazy. I enjoy performance though.

At the very least I need some sort of SUV/sedan that can hold up to 5 people, so no console in the middle of the backseat. Doesn't need to be that big or comfortable, but I have two kids and would be nice to not have to switch cars to haul them and friends around. I currently have a 2012 A6 which fits the bill ok.

Not really looking, but circumstances might allow for an upgrade. Love my Audi but it hasn't exactly been maintenance free so not sure I'd move up to an S6.

Don't want a turbowagon that seems to be the rage these days. Love the engines, but I'm not driving a fast station wagon. I grew up watching out of the backseat of a station wagon. Probably had 5 HP vs. 500, but that's not happening.

Needs to be a manly enough car to take to a project site and not pretentious enough to be noticed. 5 seats, decent trunk space. 5 figures.

Sell me on something here or sell me on something besides an F-150 Limited as a truck.

Back to work.

Go buy a 2018 S6.  They are selling them $10k off sticker to clear them out before the 2019s show up.  Buy an extended warranty.  Smile when you drive it.  Or a Raptor would fit the bill.