Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

yeah, all the gains i made from $16.42 or whatever up in smoke after hours. chances it goes up again tomorrow? should i put a limit on it if it crashes?
After hours is weird just hold and probably will go back up tomorrow....if everyone hasn't bailed on it

Just keep an eye out tomorrow and be prepared to sell if you aren't feeling it

1 minute ago, Hefeweizen said:

No shame at all.  I just hope everyone is gambling  with house money and not the kids college fund. 

The GME stuff is too spooky for me.  I’ll stick to my Penny stonks.

Yes I am a pussy

You're saying I shouldn't have emptied the 529 accounts? 

• Haha 1

god, now the people on reddit are posting a wall of text:

Dear SEC- securities and exchange commission every post I have ever made on this Reddit is satire. I do not condone nor support any of the opinions expressed in this chat room. Any post associated with this IP is satire and should be treated as such. At no point has anyone associated with this IP ever condoned, encouraged, committed or abated acts of stock market manipulation or threats of manipulation of any instrument, regardless of broker, position, squeeze potential, or implied volatility in case of an investigation by any federal entity or similar. I do not have any involvement with this group or with people in it. I do not support any actions by the member of this group. My actions are my own and any comments I make are my own opinions and should NOT be considered financial advice in ANY way.

this reminds me of the thing that went around facebook a couple of years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

You could have bought 10k shares of GME at $5 and sold today and that still won't cover your kids' tuition when they're old enough to go to college at the rate that shit is going up. 

New information has come to light. They can take out a million in student loans, I just gotta keep them off Seeking Arrangement

34 minutes ago, 936horn said:

Holy shit. Imagine having the balls to hold this shit on paper over night.  Looks like has already cashed out 13.8MM though. 

a309gkm5yxd61.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Edited by Anastasis

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Holy shit. Imagine having the balls to hold this shit on paper over night.  Looks like has already cashed out 13.8MM though. 

i think i would be completely out, maybe? i don't even know what i would do with that kind of money in my account. would you need to hire someone to protect that kind of money?

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

He got rid of 300 calls today and 200 yesterday. His initial position was Jan 21 like $10 calls that he hit the first few mil on last week. Insanity.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

i think i would be completely out, maybe? i don't even know what i would do with that kind of money in my account. would you need to hire someone to protect that kind of money?

So would I, but that's why I'll never turn 53k into 48mm on GME

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mach 1 said:

My teenage son wanted in on the mania, so I opened up a Robinhood account and threw in a couple hundy for him to fuck around and find out.

Little bastard's first purchase was NAKD, a lingerie company.  Acorns, trees, etc,

Buy what you know?

Just now, hayden_horn said:

I'd cash out 30MM and ask posters here what to do with the rest. 

Is there a record of his trading activity on GME?

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I'd cash out 30MM and ask posters here what to do with the rest. 

Is there a record of his trading activity on GME?

He has posted consistently about GME since Sep 2019. He was laughed off the boards for a year +. To save you the scrolling, he has been long since 2019. He had some Jan Calls that went bank obviously, but he has been balls deep long since $3 or whatever. The Jan calls hit so perfectly on the price run up that's legit why I say he's a time traveler. His calls expired last Friday during the first big run up for the stock.

https://www.reddit.com/user/DeepFuckingValue/

Edited by 936horn

6 minutes ago, 936horn said:

He has posted consistently about GME since Sep 2019. He was laughed off the boards for a year +. To save you the scrolling, he has been long since 2019. He had some Jan Calls that went bank obviously, but he has been balls deep long since $3 or whatever. The Jan calls hit so perfectly on the price run up that's legit why I say he's a time traveler. His calls expired last Friday during the first big run up for the stock.

https://www.reddit.com/user/DeepFuckingValue/

Scrolling through there looks like his initial buy was 53k. LEGEND. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Any of y'all day traders worried about reporting thousands of transaction on your return?

I pretty much only actively trade a small IRA because I don't want to deal with the Sch D hassle.

As a former full time day trader, all I really did was detail beginning balance, ending balance and net out cash withdrawals and deposits. And make a note that individual transaction records are available upon request. This was several years ago so requirements might have changed. 

• Like 1

okay, stupid question time:

gme is slated to go up up up until margin calls on friday as long as people keep buying? this is called the gamma squeeze? is it possible to reach $1000? i'm not as liquid as i would like to be to ride that roller coaster. how do we know that they are floated at 140%

who else is floated to that extent? what about amc? bb? those are looking to really be squeezed next week? can these hedge funds let go of their shorts after taking their gme bath? is this a one-time thing?

i mean, i could probably get 2 - 3 shares tomorrow i think, but i'm worried that it will stall and fall as people take profits. i know if yall knew the answer to these questions, you'd be on the beach earning 20%. 

but i thought it would be worth the conversation.

gme is slated to go up up up until margin calls on friday as long as people keep buying? this is called the gamma squeeze? is it possible to reach $1000? i'm not as liquid as i would like to be to ride that roller coaster. how do we know that they are floated at 140%
who else is floated to that extent? what about amc? bb? those are looking to really be squeezed next week? can these hedge funds let go of their shorts after taking their gme bath? is this a one-time thing?
i mean, i could probably get 2 - 3 shares tomorrow i think, but i'm worried that it will stall and fall as people take profits. i know if yall knew the answer to these questions, you'd be on the beach earning 20%. 
This is considered by most everyone to be a one time trade that people will chase for a lifetime....no company ever has been shorted over 100% that I know of from researching this last week and a half or so.

Yes hitting 1k per share is possible if no big holders sell. We havent even started the short squeeze the increase in price is from people buying stock in preparation of squeeze plus the gamma squeeze.

BB is a good long term play as the DD suggests it will be a big time player in most self driving electric vehicles coming down the pipe in the future and recently just signed a 50/50 deal with Amazon for said EV play

I got in bb at 9$
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Any of y'all day traders worried about reporting thousands of transaction on your return?

I pretty much only actively trade a small IRA because I don't want to deal with the Sch D hassle.

if you (or your filer) does it electronically, you just upload the CSV/spreadsheet from your brokerage account and bob's yer uncle.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

-gamma squeeze is due to the stock busting through the options chain.

-its possible to reach $1000 and beyond.  this has ZERO to do with what the company is worth based on expectations of future cash flows or multiples of rev or any of that.  its the most clean cut example of basic supply vs demand ever.  a push-pull battle.

-multiple services compile and report the short interest %.  if there is known #xx shares short, you can also somewhat infer based on the trading volume and effect on price whether they've been able to reduce their short position.  i kinda dont think so.  a big concentrated short-covering would blow the price through the stratosphere.  maybe they've been slowing peeling away 5M of their volume per day, perhaps.

-no other company is shorted to this %.  SECOND, besides the few known short sellers out there, i don't imagine a single fund is bigly short on GME, AND short on all the other ones.  so the pain is kinda shared between a bunch of parties.

-AMC and BB dont have anything like the combination of catalysts  that GME unique has:  way higher short %; way concentrated retail investing sentiment; new activist board taking over stoking the business case in the investment trading thesis.

im just a punter, dont listen to me.  but thats what i believe

gamestop = trumpers.  this is how they're spinning this.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/27/politics/gamestop-stock-surge-trumpism/index.html

Using Reddit -- and a subreddit known as r/wallstreetbets -- the amateurs began a coordinated effort of buying GameStop stock to drive its price higher and higher. (It's worth noting that Reddit was also a gathering spot for some of the most ardent Trump supporters in 2016.)

The point is that there is no real point beyond showing up the pros -- proving to them that they aren't as smart as they think they are and that they don't have the ability to control everything.

Which, again, has its roots in Trumpism.

• Haha 1

@RCRanger03 any idea what is moving PFMS?  I had a small position nearly double today.  I am buying ALPP tomorrow again - I had sold a bunch at 4.50 anticipating a dip which finally came.  I am staying in TSNP and almost added more today - I'll add more if it gets to 0.3.  I also added some AMYZF, and am going to add more tomorrow.

I also bought back in to XMET on the dip, but a really small position.  

Tomorrow should be interesting.  All eyes are going to be on the squeezes but I am hoping the pennies make a comeback.

Agreed 100%.  And to  the fuckwits trying to make this political re: Trumpism, go fuck themselves.  This is people figuring out the rules to your game and exploiting them.  Think of it as min/maxers playing D&D or as video game exploits.  Unlimited potions of healing, etc.  

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

Why don’t we take a look at politicians buying Tesla 24hrs before a government announcement first? K?

I am loving seeing CNBC honks losing their shit over this.  And there's nothing political about that except that politicians like to protect the people who give them money.

• Hook 'Em 3

can someone explain why the after hours dip for gme is so deep right now?
i don't understand the after hours trading thing

Had me worried...only a 33$ drop on my screen that's nothing with this stock

AH is nothing to worry about its usually just the momentum of the day running its course...what you really want to do is check the Europe market before you pass out drunk at 4am