2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

35 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

although you can buy $10-15 tix online right now if you don't want to risk it or lock in a lower price

It's a win win. If I can't get a ticket then it's a sellout and the Disch will be fucking rocking.

Guest Lobo

Yeah, campus has already been a ghost-town this week.  I think a fair number will stick around though...for the first graduation (weather permitting) to be held at DKR Stadium that I can ever remember.  

If I were our athletics social media department, my job would be to push out "100% capacity" info to every graduate who may have family in town.  Shit, come in your mortar board or collegiate ribbon and you get into DFF free with 3 guests.  Fill the fucker up and do something cool for the graduates.  Have a jumbotron tribute between innings. 

After the last 15 months, if I was graduating...to be able to see a baseball game again in person with my dad and share a couple of beers together on a spring day before I walk the stage.  Holy shit.  People are so damn anxious to go to a movie theater or Chili's or some crap.  But if you know anybody who is graduating this weekend, tell 'em to surprise their parents with a game at the Disch tomorrow or Saturday and buy 'em a round.  

Have LHN on already, showing 2010 Texas vs Nebraska football. It’s a riot. Was treated to a montage of all the dropped td passes- 4 of them. Then as the game ended, the color guy proudly and confidently prognosticated that Texas wouldn’t lose the rest of the season. 

enjoyable lead in. 

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Parking recommendations for Friday / Saturday?  Best (only realistic) option west of 35 and walk across?

There was space on Leona bordering the cemetery and I parked about 5 mins before game start.

Then again... I don't think we have even half the seats filled right now. 

Which brings me to my next point...

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Have LHN on already, showing 2010 Texas vs Nebraska football. It’s a riot. Was treated to a montage of all the dropped td passes- 4 of them. Then as the game ended, the color guy proudly and confidently prognosticated that Texas wouldn’t lose the rest of the season. 

enjoyable lead in. 

I was at that game... it was fun at the time...

and then the rest of the season happened 

Guest Lobo

Technically, no.  Just be discrete, put 'em in the pockets of the rain jacket you're bringing in over your arm or your date's purse or something.  Nobody'll say anything.  

Currently on hold with the ticket office to see about post season baseball tickets.  When I started the estimated wait time was 14 minutes.  After 10 minutes on hold it is now 25 minutes.

Finally got through and was able to request 2 to the regional and super regional

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Technically, no.  Just be discrete, put 'em in the pockets of the rain jacket you're bringing in over your arm or your date's purse or something.  Nobody'll say anything.  

Excuse me, sir. This is surly. We almost never have dates, and if we do, they certainly don’t have purses. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo
56 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Excuse me, sir. This is surly. We almost never have dates, and if we do, they certainly don’t have purses. 

You all mind if we dance wif your dates?  

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

I for sure didn't have a date and I damn well didn't stuff any alcohol in my pockets. 

I may have paid close to $60 for booze after entry, however, so I probably should have. Security was lax. Like prime ACL years lax. You could get an Ozarka full of Tito's in easily. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I for sure didn't have a date and I damn well didn't stuff any alcohol in my pockets. 

I may have paid close to $60 for booze after entry, however, so I probably should have. Security was lax. Like prime ACL years lax. You could get an Ozarka full of Tito's in easily. 

$60? Child’s play. A friend of mine and that dude you met at Lee Harvey’s in 2018 spent like $340 on booze alone some game in 2014. And like another $50 on corn dogs 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Fletch said:

$60? Child’s play. A friend of mine and that dude you met at Lee Harvey’s in 2018 spent like $340 on booze alone some game in 2014. And like another $50 on corn dogs 

Alright let's go today you're buying.

On 4/27/2021 at 4:18 PM, texasstrong12 said:

I'll definitely take that bet. 

1)  When is the last time WV was swept in Morgantown? I looked at this quickly but I don't think they've been swept at home in the last 5 seasons. 

2) Kansas State is better than their record and much better at home. 18-6 at home. They have a legit Friday night guy and they can hit. K-State can definitely win a game in that series. 

I say TCU goes 4-2 in those series. 

I got it half right although I thought WV and K-State would both win one. 

7 hours ago, chase25 said:

Ok now this is just funny... 

If you had someone at the beginning of the season come up and tell you with a straight face Melendez and Zubia would be tied for the team lead in triples (3), what would have been your response?

Do you know how expensive 31 days at La Hacienda is these days?  Let's just keep those thoughts to ourselves brah.

Edited by Cajun