Congressman's Profanity Laced Tirade in a Safeway Grocery Store

Washpark

One of the President's congressional defenders has privately decided he hates Trump and wants to unload.

"If we're going to lose because of him, we might as well impeach the motherf**ker," said the congressman as we roamed the aisles of a Safeway grocery store together. I haven't been in a Safeway since my family moved home from Dubai in 1990. The congressman did not want to be seen with me on Capitol Hill. He needed to get some stuff anyway and decided he'd let me walk with him through the cereal and dairy selections at the Safeway near my hotel. He is not happy with President Trump. He was never a die hard Trump supporter. He supported him in the general and never expected him to win. But he did. So the congressman, whose district Trump won, has been a regular supporter on Fox News and elsewhere defending the President. He is happy to be quoted, so long as I don't name him. He says he just needs to vent. I suggest what we're doing is one of the reason's Trump won -- a congressman says nice things in public and bad things in private.

"Everybody does this sh*t," he says. It's his turn. We have known each other for years and have been promising to connect this week while I'm passing through DC. So this is it. I'm passing along his comments, not endorsing them.

"I read you writing about this, about wanting to say nice things when you can and criticize when you need to. He may be an idiot, but he's still the President and leader of my party and he is capable of doing some things right," he says before conceding it's usually other people doing the right things in the President's name. "But dammit he's taking us all down with him. We are well and truly f**ked in November. Kevin [McCarthy] is already circling like a green fly circling sh*t trying to take Paul's [Ryan] job because nobody thinks he's sticking around for Nancy [Pelosi]. She's going to f**k up the cafeteria again too. [Lord's name in vain], at least I'll probably lose too and won't have to put up with that sh*t." He won't lose. His district is very Republican.

What's the problem, though? Well, get ready…

"It's like Forrest Gump won the presidency, but an evil, really f*cking stupid Forrest Gump. He can't help himself. He's just a f**king idiot who thinks he's winning when people are b*tching about him. He really does see the world as ratings and attention. I hate Forrest Gump. I listen to your podcast and heard you hate it too. What an overrated piece of sh*t movie. Can you believe it beat the Shawshank Redemption?"

We deviated to Stephen Speilberg for a moment and I had to remind him Robert Zemeckis, not Speilberg, directed it. Then I had to point out his taste in coffee sucks and suggested better. Moving right along…

"Judiciary is stacked with a bunch of people who can win re-election so long as they don't piss off Trump voters in the primary. But if we get to summer and most of the primaries are over, they just might pull the trigger if the President fires Mueller. The sh*t will hit the fan if that happens and I'd vote to impeach him myself. Most of us would, I think. Hell, all the Democrats would and you only need a majority in the House. If we're going to lose because of him, we might as well impeach the motherf**ker. Take him out with us and let Mike [Pence] take over. At least then we could sleep well at night," he said before going off on a tangent about how the situations with Russia and China scare him. Then, "You know having Mike as President would really piss off all the right people, too. They think they hate Trump. Mike is competent," at which point he sighs and laments that there were, in his mind, more than a dozen competent choices in 2016.

So the implication is they wouldn't vote for impeachment if they might be opposed in primaries, I asked. He confirmed he does not think the votes are there to impeach the President if any of the Judiciary Committee members are facing primary opponents. But get through that and, if Mueller is fired, he thinks so and thinks a majority of the House would vote to impeach President Trump.

"I say a lot of shit on TV defending him, even over this. But honestly, I wish the motherf*cker would just go away. We're going to lose the House, lose the Senate, and lose a bunch of states because of him. All his supporters will blame us for what we have or have not done, but he hasn't led. He wakes up in the morning, sh*ts all over Twitter, sh*ts all over us, sh*ts all over his staff, then hits golf balls. F*ck him. Of course, I can't say that in public or I'd get run out of town."

The congressman's base loves the President. And we're done. He feels better having let it all out. It was a funny conversation with a few additional remarks about the President's personal life I dare not print.

And yes, I agree, it is bad form to say all this in private while publicly praising the President. Welcome to Donald Trump's Washington. Everybody does this sh*t here.

https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/api/amp/theresurgent/erick-erickson/a-congressman-s-profanity-laced-tirade-in-a-safeway-grocery-store-SeHI2l5bIECGQn4gmnzGaw

• Like 1

"I hate Forrest Gump. I listen to your podcast and heard you hate it too. What an overrated piece of sh*t movie."

While the whole article is hilarious, I'm just glad to finally see some attention paid to this important topic. Forrest Gump is a steaming pile of shit. It's bad and if you like it you should feel bad.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Washpark said:

"It's like Forrest Gump won the presidency, but an evil, really f*cking stupid Forrest Gump. He can't help himself. He's just a f**king idiot who thinks he's winning when people are b*tching about him. He really does see the world as ratings and attention.

This is a fantastic description of Trump.  

59 minutes ago, Clearlakehorn said:

That reads like one of those old Jesus Shuttlesworth fake interviews with the "big cigar". Fake news 

I was just going to mention that.

Also, Forrest Gump was a good movie...it was called Little Big Man.

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Forrest Gump winning over Pulp Fiction hasn’t aged well.

It was literally the worst of the five movies up for best picture that year.

Shawshank
Quiz Show
Pulp Fiction
Four Weddings and a Funeral

I'm not familiar with the author or the website, but at the end of the first paragraph he uses an apostrophe to make a plural of the word "reason."  

So he's a fucking idiot who needs an editor.  More specifically, he's an idiot writing a story about a hypocrite who thinks (correctly) that Trump is an idiot.

'Murica!

Edited by Paul Wesley
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i would not be surprised if that is how all republican congress thinks of trump. he's a cancer to their party.

I don't know, hayden.  There has to be some % who know privately that Tillerson's characterization of his boss was right on the money.  But I think there are a lot of "Freedom Caucus" zealots who have zero cognitive dissonance when they praise Trump for draining the swamp. 

35 minutes ago, TornACL said:

It was literally the worst of the five movies up for best picture that year.

Shawshank
Quiz Show
Pulp Fiction
Four Weddings and a Funeral

Oh come on, it wasn't worse than 4 Weddings.  Her final lines aced that one for the dustbin of history.

Edited by jimmyjazz
Because I can't speel

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i would not be surprised if that is how all republican congress thinks of trump. he's a cancer to their party.

GREAT.  It needed to be destroyed.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

In favor of what, exactly?  Its rebuilding around a cult of personality for one 71 year old man who has no strongly held positions on anything.  When that 71 year old man isn't around to pump up loudmouth white supremacist candidates, they'll have no chance.  So post-Trump, you either end up with a Dem majority of 75% or the GOP recongeals exactly how it was prior to Trump.  I know you hate a guy like Rubio, but he got 52% of the vote.  He isn't Dem material at all, nor is he Trump material.  Guys like him will still be "GOP" when Trump and his kids are pumping iron in the Leavenworth yard.

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Trump isn't GOP to me, either.

That's the beauty of this whole thing.

So you're a Dem now?  I know you hate the gov't, but fucking up the GOP won't do anything but give more power to the Dems.  I don't see anyone looking to eliminate House or Senate seats overall.  Someone is going to fill them, whether a Dem, a Trumpist, or a pre-Trump GOPer.  Trump has made that much more likely to be Dems.  If you think there is going to be 3rd party movement, think again.  Trump's own election should tell you that.  Even he had to run as part of a party.

23 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

As a lifelong Republican (who voted in the Presidential election but abstained from any selection for President), I was convinced then and believe moreso now that is getting elected President was the worst possible outcome for the party.  Hillary would have flamed out as well, and we could have been there to swoop in and capitalize, much like the dems are now.  Could be 2 or 3 cycles before we recover.  

It will be funny when he doesn't even secure the Republican nomination for President in 2020.

9 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

So you're a Dem now?  I know you hate the gov't, but fucking up the GOP won't do anything but give more power to the Dems.  I don't see anyone looking to eliminate House or Senate seats overall.  Someone is going to fill them, whether a Dem, a Trumpist, or a pre-Trump GOPer.  Trump has made that much more likely to be Dems.  If you think there is going to be 3rd party movement, think again.  Trump's own election should tell you that.  Even he had to run as part of a party.

trump IS a 3rd Party candidate, who hitched a ride...

The GOP base (especially the evangelicals) will support whoever the nominee is and it really doesn't matter on the details.  They're constantly going against their previously strongly held "beliefs" to justify whoever the nominee is.

The next nominee after Trump will a more standard GOP type and they'll fall in line behind that.

23 minutes ago, slorch said:

The stupidity of this thinking still boggles my mind.  Yes, I did not like a lot of what the GOP had become (crony capitalist good old boys, not listening to the people).

But when you say "it needed to be destroyed," you are thinking about only half of the equation -- the other half -- the IMPORTANT half - is "to be replaced by....."  Trust me, when someone is actually destroying something like a political party, they DAMNED well have a plan for what will replace it. And...see the post below.  THAT is your replacement.

16 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

In favor of what, exactly?  Its rebuilding around a cult of personality for one 71 year old man who has no strongly held positions on anything.  When that 71 year old man isn't around to pump up loudmouth white supremacist candidates, they'll have no chance.  So post-Trump, you either end up with a Dem majority of 75% or the GOP recongeals exactly how it was prior to Trump.  I know you hate a guy like Rubio, but he got 52% of the vote.  He isn't Dem material at all, nor is he Trump material.  Guys like him will still be "GOP" when Trump and his kids are pumping iron in the Leavenworth yard.

The GOP IS the party of Trump now.  Period.  It's nothing else.  The party will STAY the party of Trump, because the Trumpists aren't going to give it back.  And the simpering power-hungry whores like Rubio will go along to get along, and to keep their only hold on power.

15 minutes ago, slorch said:

Trump isn't GOP to me, either.

That's the beauty of this whole thing.

It's not up to you.  It's up to the Trumpists who run the party now.  And sorry to tell you, Trump IS the GOP.  They've gone all-in on it.  We have two parties now: Dems, and Trumpists.  The GOP has been destroyed.  It's done.  Enjoy your replacement party.  The Trumpist party.  Those are your choices going forward, Dem or Trumpist.  You got your wish.

I am forever reminded of the striking Eastern Airlines workers, celebrating as Eastern filed bankruptcy - "We did it!  We broke the airline!"  Yeah, you dumbfucks, you sure did it.  You broke the airline.  NOW WHAT?  Their jobs went down the shitter, they got no labor concessions.  But man, did they sure show those fuckers in management!  That's what the GOP and Trumpists have done.  They broke your party.  And replaced it with a steaming pile of shit with the same name.  Hooray, what a victory.

Paul Ryan's favorite part of Forrest Gump was when Jenny died of AIDS.

He prolly left the screening talking about how she got what she deserved for drugging it up and how we should cut Forrest's taxes on the profits he made on all the "work" he did for Apple.

7 minutes ago, slorch said:

Both parties are corrupt as hell.

i guess I'm saying, "Who fucking cares?  It didn't get any worse."

"It didn't get any worse."

For fuck's sake.

It's like you're sitting there, hitting yourself in the balls with a hammer, and you expect the rest of us to admire your cleverness.  Sorry, you're hitting yourself in the balls with a hammer, saying "hey, I already had a sore knee!"  Fucking amazing.

Yes, when we elect a mental and emotional toddler who lies as easily as he breathes, installs naked corruption and crooks at every turn, rules based on a family dynasty (and only listens to family), who doesn't listen to or absorb even the most basic of information necessary to make informed decisions, and plays to our worst instincts as a nation for support (racism, xenophobia, etc.).....Jesus fuck.  That isn't "getting worse?"  What the fuck planet did you live on before this one?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, slorch said:

Both parties are corrupt as hell.

i guess I'm saying, "Who fucking cares?  It didn't get any worse."

Right. How did you like the ACA?  Now imagine yourself in 2021 with a Dem President and a Dem majority in both houses of Congress?  The Dems are a shitshow, for sure, but they arent the GOP. Theyre going to get Dem shit done when they have power. One of those things may be Medicare for all. Which Im for, but you aren't. Yet you, not me, are gleefully making it more likely to happen. 

That was a whole lotta words for that congressman to make the point that "I'm a gutless pussy like all the rest of 'em -- in fact, that's the new GOP motto -- Gutless Old Pussies party."

Cowards.  Every last one of em.  Well, the ones who aren't flat-out traitors.  That's your choice on your GOP membership card these days -- traitor, or collaborator.  If you have an actual spine, you may check the "fuck this shit" box and actually do something about it.  That box has yet to be checked by any GOP official.

So y'all are in love with the idea that things would be better with Hillary?

LOLz.  No matter who won the election, we were all going to lose.  That's state of affairs in American politics right now.

Y'all just want to bitch.

Edited by slorch

Just now, slorch said:

LOLz.

We had a choice between a double decker shit sandwich....or a triple decker shit sandwich topped with shit sauce.

There's no "better" here -- but there's sure as shit a "less shitty."  And when you look at the BIGGER picture (hey, I know -- let's create a party of Trumpism, which is all of the worst things about us!), then you just served the triple decker with shit sauce in a full bucket of shit.  Enjoy, and eat up!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The GOP base (especially the evangelicals) will support whoever the nominee is and it really doesn't matter on the details.  They're constantly going against their previously strongly held "beliefs" to justify whoever the nominee is.

The next nominee after Trump will a more standard GOP type and they'll fall in line behind that.

I’m really surprised the GOP hasn’t moved to impeach Trump and put in Pence, considering that Pence is everything they believe in. The longer Trump stays in the nastier it’s going to be to impeach him and the more damage will happen for the party.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I am forever reminded of the striking Eastern Airlines workers, celebrating as Eastern filed bankruptcy - "We did it!  We broke the airline!"  Yeah, you dumbfucks, you sure did it.  You broke the airline.  NOW WHAT?  Their jobs went down the shitter, they got no labor concessions.  But man, did they sure show those fuckers in management!

My uncle (mom's sister's husband) was a pilot for Eastern Airlines.  He lost his ride in that debacle.  But, he was an asshole, so none of us really cared.  They divorced about a week later.

57 minutes ago, slorch said:

LOLz.  No matter who won the election, we were all going to lose.  That's state of affairs in American politics right now.

You're an idiot.

8 hours ago, kevwun said:

Somebody figure out who the likely candidates are for who did that interview.

1. The florid language indicates he's from below the Mason Dixon line.
  2. His acquaintance with the "circling green fly" (which I'd never heard of and research on wiki) indicates he's familiar with sheep farming.
  3. There's no indication that he serves on the judiciary committee, but his "insider knowledge" of its voting proclivities leads me to believe he's on it.
  4. He mentions that he's not in a totally safe district.
  5. He's often been on Fox News to support the president.

Conclusion: Lamar Smith, who represents SW Austin and its suburbs as well as wealthy northern portions of San Antonio, along with large swaths of the Texas Hill country where sheep/goat farming is a thing. Given the demographics, his seat is no longer safe, and he's chosen to not run again. Maybe now he feels freer to speak. He's also a member of the judiciary and would know which ways the wind blows within the committee. I don't have cable, but I think I've seen references to him on there frequently defending the bloated orange blight.