Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Go check out that weird Section 1 wall and take a picture of what the view looks like. 

;)

I think they are gonna possibly change stuff up there. I didn't go over there because I'm not a BMD that's walking around now just a lowly engineer.

No home pano either, anybody can get that game 1 with a crowd it will look badass. 

Can confirm the tunnel is epic from inside and all directions though.

Just hope it's gonna be ready.

IMG_20210814_101326.jpg

• Like 2

I guess the NEZ scoreboard is a next year project.

They should put some flat screens on the side of the party decks for all the fans getting boned out of seeing action in the SEZ. Or put the opposing fans there so their view is blocked and the UT party people above them can welcome them as befits their station.

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Fuck taco hell

Honestly I didn't know how these big crazy columns would turn out but whoever picked the color and pattern for the metal panels was on it.

IMG_20210814_101416.jpg

What's to the right of the white suites before the screen? 5 Party decks?

As a result of that gif, I rented the movie from Blockbuster.  It was awesome, I loved it.  Two thumbs up.  
Blockbuster? Damn, its after 2pm on Saturday...no chance of Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire still being on the shelves. Btw, how is Colt looking at practice? Hear he has a chance to win the job over Snead..don't believe a word of it.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mdmost said:

What's to the right of the white suites before the screen? 5 Party decks?

Yeah there's seating and patio areas for like private lounges. I think it's like the lounges at Lambeau where you get open seating/standing and a big enclosed area with food and drink. Like club level but shared between a bunch more people. 

29 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If the renderings are accurate it will be covered and those are maintenance decks for the screen and etc. I’d guess 

Oh are y'all talking about beside the screen? That's maintenance walk ways that will be covered by more partial see thru screening like the black at the top.

15 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Oh are y'all talking about beside the screen? That's maintenance walk ways that will be covered by more partial see thru screening like the black at the top.

seems like a perfect vantage point for a European sniper to take out a high priority target. 

hypothetically…

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I guess the NEZ scoreboard is a next year project.

They should put some flat screens on the side of the party decks for all the fans getting boned out of seeing action in the SEZ. Or put the opposing fans there so their view is blocked and the UT party people above them can welcome them as befits their station.

I thought I remembered reading this would be a thing. But I can’t recall where I read that and maybe I’m just making it up now

1 hour ago, westexhorn said:

are you there watching the scrimmage?

Nah I wish. My schedule was such that I needed to get back to taking care of my little boy the rest of the afternoon.

I am planning on going to a few games this year though, I can stand going to a big 12 game again knowing it's the final lap around this shit hole conference. Everyone will finally get a chance to enjoy the new SEZ by coming to a game.

The lounge and party areas and new seating are awesome, but I think some of the coolest parts of the addition are for the players and staff. 

Tunnel looks like it will have bevo shaped lighting above. Night games are gonna be legendary. Got to get recruits here for some night games.

2021_0814_10425500.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1