Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, YeeYeeCTE said:

Bro it’s fucking obviously off-centered and it’s visible from every angle

It's not off-center with the field. With the tunnel? Sure, maybe. Probably. But not one picture I've seen looks like the photographer was centered. Angles / other spatial relationships can be misleading in photos. But ok, cool. I guess we'll all see when the place opens.

15 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yeah I took one from that angle to make it line up just for y'all OCD fucks. I guarantee you they went off the control lines of the existing stadium, which is all kinds of sketchy. If anything it's likely the entire existing stadium is slightly wonky and they aligned the field with that side of the tunnel, when it's not centered between the sides of the field to begin with.

Yep that's what I figgered re: the field not being centered in the first place, and the positioning in your pic. Lol, you photography troll ; ) .

100% agree re: the rest, too.

Edited by wood
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Close the nose and have the fog come out of the nostrils.

Close the nose and have fog come out of the nostrils, then when the team busts through the "mouth" the fog is hit with Burnt Orange lighting so the team is bathed in Burnt Orange as they take the field.

It will be as the gods emerging from the mouth of the titan.

Edited by HOOK'EMHOOAH
soliloquy

I don’t know if it is a schtick, or if some of you idoits truly are bothered about the way the field lines up. It looks beautiful to most normal people.
For those of you that seriously have a problem with it…
les-grossman-fuck-your-own-face.gif

It’s glaring bro. It’s obviously not aligned or else it would be dead center in the H, and it’s about a yard misaligned
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

“Wait, you’re allowed to put trophies in your hall of champions?” -Ag 

Wait, you guys are getting trophies?  /we'rethemillers.gif

Yeah it was epic for me to get to roll out there before the project ends too. Glad I could share it. I may find a way to get there next week for actual work but more than likely gonna be slammed at the office and unable to have an excuse to go into the field 3 hours away
2021_0814_09171200.thumb.jpg.c70a12d576646ee617937abf93149eba.jpg
2021_0814_09182000.thumb.jpg.295b78a80e4bdb34c57f5fab22ec0f7b.jpg
You're awesome bro! Thanks for the pics.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Did they power wash the entire stadium? Every section looks brand new. 

I’m sure they did. When I worked in minor league baseball, we’d power wash the stadium between every home stand. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Agreed. It’s been obvious since his first day. 

interestingly, the others I called out as aggy last week have disappeared. Hmmmm........

They can’t help themselves. It’s as if dipshit just oozes out of every pore. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/13/2021 at 7:17 PM, YeeYeeCTE said:

The first time I went to the cotton bowl I bought tickets in a section that ended up putting me directly behind a column

My wife’s roommate’s dad was a SWC ref. He gave them his comp tickets one year when he was assigned the RRS. Woohoo! Midfield seats…directly behind the column. 

On 8/14/2021 at 10:57 AM, Zeus said:

Party decks are gonna be suite, so are the field level sweets.

IMG_20210814_101423.jpg

On 8/14/2021 at 10:55 AM, Zeus said:

IMG_20210814_101326.jpg

On 8/14/2021 at 11:25 AM, Zeus said:

IMG_20210814_103758.jpg

I’ll be that guy.  Are the party decks really worth sacrificing the seamless transition found in the NEZ? Bellmont didn’t need to go up any further than necessary to accommodate the Longhorn tunnel entrance, and then they could have done whatever they wanted on top of that (video board, party decks, suites galore). Instead, we have obstructed views or makeshift retrofits that take away some of our ability to make fun of aggy Kyle Field.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

8 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I’ll be that guy.  Are the party decks really worth sacrificing the seamless transition found in the NEZ? Bellmont didn’t need to go up any further than necessary to accommodate the Longhorn tunnel entrance, and then they could have done whatever they wanted on top of that (video board, party decks, suites galore). Instead, we have obstructed views or makeshift retrofits that take away some of our ability to make fun of aggy Kyle Field.

Yeah the party decks seem fucking sweet standing on em. 

Honestly I think they should repour some angled podiums on those old corner seats and change those anyway. They are perpendicular to the field even though they are beyond the endzone anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

Also, is there a way to send all commenters/comments about the stadium not lining up into some sort of purgatory thread where they can only see each other's bullshit and spare the rest of us from that weak whining? I'd like to click on this thread occasionally and see actual stadium updates without the fucking bleating about burnt orange nuances and goalpost alignment. Boring, weak shit.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I've not been able to be around much lately. I feel like every summer, some of us get busy with other shit and then a bunch of the rest of you guys just get or stay lazy and let dipshits like this clown show up and develop enough rep, somehow, that they get to stick around throughout the season and buttfuck threads constantly.

This guy posts too much and he's adding no value. How he has positive rep is beyond me. And I'm a supporter of being patient with new posters when they're not either trolls or just dipshits that can't sit back and learn for a bit, maybe read the room, before spewing their word vomit onto the board. 

He reads like a student, so he thinks he knows everything. Like we all did at that age. 

52 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

It's not seamless because Moncrief is under it, not because they were in love with the idea of party decks.

13 hours ago, EZ$ said:

I’m sure they did. When I worked in minor league baseball, we’d power wash the stadium between every home stand. 

13 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Did you ever get called up to the majors?

Sure as hell wouldn’t be posting on this site if I had!!!

15 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

The ballparks are like cathedrals, the hotels all have room service, and the women all have long legs and brains.

And we hit white balls for BP?  because they were power washed clean?