Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy oh boy, I hope the Rice-Kansas-Kansas State minipack option is still available.  They gotta be going lot hotcakes.  

Also heard a weird rumor earlier this week on campus...ESPN will be broadcasting the Oklahoma game from Dallas, not ABC as has almost always been the case (when FOX wasn't covering it).  I only mention it because ESPN obviously has much more flexibility in kick-off times than does ABC (though they typically mirror one another).  Not gonna be a night game obviously, but not necessarily confined to an 11 or 2:30p kick either.  FWIW

34 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

59e64ae47bdc693f4d546c6e20fb36d3.jpg

This shit looks badass. Even more badass after they add the LED lights next season. I don't care what some motherfucker from bolivia thinks. A few inches doesn't make a  goddamn difference when your dick swings as big as ours. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Boy oh boy, I hope the Rice-Kansas-Kansas State minipack option is still available.  They gotta be going lot hotcakes.  

Also heard a weird rumor earlier this week on campus...ESPN will be broadcasting the Oklahoma game from Dallas, not ABC as has almost always been the case (when FOX wasn't covering it).  I only mention it because ESPN obviously has much more flexibility in kick-off times than does ABC (though they typically mirror one another).  Not gonna be a night game obviously, but not necessarily confined to an 11 or 2:30p kick either.  FWIW

Seems promising for the elusive 2:30 kick given that they usually go straight from Gameday into a B10 matchup…

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

This is one one I purchased 

E1D64ECB-CAAA-4E5A-A41A-5D3B3C78E0BC.jpeg

Anybody else notice the pixilated screen yesterday? The thing is brand new and it is already not working correctly, just like the old one.

I thought the rest of the stadium looked incredible. I really look forward to seeing the finished product. A handful of things that are not done yet:

1) Digital boards on either side of the screen (or temporary covers until they’re here)
2) exterior façade on the southwest corner of the building
3) replacement of the east side sideline padding, which is currently not padding at all but just a vinyl curtain that does not match the orange on the rest of the stadium. The orange on the rest of the stadium looks great though!
4) seating around the lower part of the Longhorn cutout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, hornian said:

I'll go the other way - I like it. Subtle, not in your face, but you know it's there.

Well I am glad they did not paint it orange and outline it in white.

I hate fields that have a huge painted logo at midfiled. When teams are on that part of the field you can hardly see what the heck is going.

Guess I will take the subtle over gaudy but it is really not necessary. 

Edited by Steamboat1874

27 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

Anybody else notice the pixilated screen yesterday? The thing is brand new and it is already not working correctly, just like the old one.

Someone correct me if in wrong, but I thought it was the same screen as the old one and they just reconfigured the panels to make it wider.

• Like 1