Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That looks pretty good. 

@Zeus do they plan on doing something similar to the front to cover around the video board?

It's a screen like that but no idea what color or what's on there around the video board. There's also screening going on the South side of the addition to cover up everything from behind. 

Owner usually handles signage so there's stuff about it in the drawings but it's blank basically.

11 hours ago, Zeus said:

It's a screen like that but no idea what color or what's on there around the video board. There's also screening going on the South side of the addition to cover up everything from behind. 

Owner usually handles signage so there's stuff about it in the drawings but it's blank basically.

Is that material a mesh? Will it be permanent on the backside or will they put a different finish such as expanded metal of some sort?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

23 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is that material a mesh? Will it be permanent on the backside or will they put a different finish such as expanded metal of some sort?

Can’t say with any certainty, Zeus maybe could, but it would t surprise me if it needed to be that way for air flow to keep the led panels cool. 

Pure guess, but I suspect it’s a waterproof, flexible mesh fabric (like a wind/privacy screen on a tennis court) that’s pulled taut and does allow for ventilation. Metal screens can also be used (and may be here), but I think it’s the waterproof plasticized mesh in this case (the DKR TEXAS MEMORIAL STADIUM signage on the other side is a mesh fabric that wasn’t tied down fully and gathered up in a rainstorm, and I’m assuming this is the same stuff). I think it’s simply a less expensive option than something more permanent (more assuming on my part, but the sun/weather will probably mean this has to be replaced every few years). 

I’ve never used the word “mesh” so much in my entire life.

18 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Looking thru the windows at the north end and being able to see both goal posts, and even line those up with the middle window pane, I figured I could put the south tunnel alignment OCD to rest.

We have bigger problems now.

20210822_111301-2-1.jpg

Is that your hair in the reflection? If yes:

- Were you just in a building collapse?

- Do you live in a dumpster at a truck stop?

- Did you buy a bargain basement toupee?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

True or false:  this screen is made of the same LED boards as godzillatron but rearranged?

False. This screen is actually 2 panels smaller than the 2019 video screen. It's also arranged in a wider configuration.

LaundryGuy

Posted on 8 hrs, , User Since 25 months ago, User Post Count: 546

8 hrs

25 months

I'll put it like this....If Alabama and Oregon football facilities had a baby, you would get the new Texas facilities. It's modern, bright, fresh, open, very functional, and history and accomplishments are well branded,

It checks all the boxes. Great use of windows inside the building for the training room and hydrotherapy room and now you can see the field from Moncrief. The meeting rooms have awesome burnt orange hi back oversized gaming style chairs w/ Longhorn branding. Barber shop with two really nice chairs. Small movie theater in the lounge as well. There's a nutrition station that reminds me of those stores at an airport where you can buy a snack, drink, and book or magazine. They're still working on the public entrance to MNAC so I haven't been up there but I imagine people will be greeted by modern tech, swagger, history, and lots of trophies from what I've seen so far.

It depends on tastes as far as rankings. IMO aggy is too dark and reminds me if Kylo Ren was an Aggy that's what you get. And what's up with all the tvs? I guess since they don't have any trophies they put up a ton of tvs IDK. Aggy also went crazy with SEC branding while you'd never know Texas was in the big 12 because the branding is 100% Texas. Clemson is a theme park. Went too far with school colors with very little neutral color and things like the slide and mini golf IMO are goofy. IMO LSU still has the coolest lockers with the lounge chair thing. Notre Dame is cool and unique but reminds me of a whiskey and cigar club which is not bad really, just very different for a locker room. OU and Alabama are both awesome and scream football factory. Oregon mastered the art of zen with their digs. Everybody else is pretty much cookie cutter with the same thing just different branding. What I've seen from Texas, I'd rank it anywhere between 1 and 5 but I'm also bias.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah mesh forever as of now. Lightweight and does what it needs to - hides the stair and backside of the jumbotron. Panels wouldn't work ya gotta build a wall and yadda yadda.

I almost always hate metal panel cladding, all the hospitals we work on pick silverish shit. On DKR the flat white walls and the dark woodgrain columns have panels that look awesome. The orange is a little to bright but it's ok. 

For some reason at Dell Med they used these dark metal shingles. Entire facades full of em

1200px-Dell_Medical_School_Health_Discov

Metal shingle penthouse I guess is forgivable because it's a Larry Speck building and the rest of it is pretty cool.

Larry-Speck-Page-Southerland-Page-Dell-M

The limestone is going to look interesting in 10 years.

But then metal panels between garage floors yuck.

0P6A5332.jpg

ut_dell_med_school_10.jpg

Oh well rant over

On 8/22/2021 at 10:03 AM, MontereyMX said:

do those damn cranes wobble in real time?  fuck that

That is exactly the reason I turned down a high paying job opportunity running one back in '88.  Went up for a test run with a superintendent made a couple picks, and noticed how the wind affected everything and just making a moderate lift caused "sag" and I said screw this.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1