Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Why do we seem to have some orange seats but mostly gray seats?

Different tier of seating for donations:

"Field Club"

Field Club Areas

The seats above the Longhorn are also a different tier of seating

Living Room Thumbnail

then you have the boxes/suites

the bleacher tier

One thing I never noticed until now was the columns pictured here are shaped like the logo....whomever said we have logo envy is correct. 

@Zeus how do these look in person?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Why do we seem to have some orange seats but mostly gray seats?

I think some of the backrests had some sort of burnt orange cover on them. Looks like those were picked up and all the seats in those sections are gray now.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Different tier of seating for donations:

"Field Club"

Field Club Areas

The seats above the Longhorn are also a different tier of seating

Living Room Thumbnail

then you have the boxes/suites

the bleacher tier

One thing I never noticed until now was the columns pictured here are shaped like the logo....whomever said we have logo envy is correct. 

@Zeus how do these look in person?

They are uncomfortable my dude. But I guess you can bring a little pillow or something and keep it in your little box lol. The seats are also removable, they are heavy but aren't connected to anything so I'd expect them to be replaced at some point. Honestly that whole seating area was dissapointing from my work standpoint. The lounge behind it is fucking badass and the patios above are awesome. I just don't understand why they went with this style of seating there at all it's silly. The armrest/cupholders fold up so you can kind of snuggle your wife and kids which is cool, but you will need a spine transplat after doing so for 10 mins.

2 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

I mean, I assume they are going to fix those blips in the video board, yes?

Pull a panel, do some magic, put it back. No biggie.

Seriously though I think they are waiting for all the guys with hammers and boom lifts to GTFO then they will make the screen game-ready.

IMG_20210814_091005.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yeah those columns/girders wrapped to look like the logo are gonna be sweet. They weren't done when I visited. I'll see if I can get a picture of em complete.

2021_0814_10151400.jpg

What’s up with what looks like a dummy in a red hat sitting in front of the green thing?  Looks like it’s wearing a circa late 1970s early 1980s heavy metal concert shirt.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Pull a panel, do some magic, put it back. No biggie.

Seriously though I think they are waiting for all the guys with hammers and boom lifts to GTFO then they will make the screen game-ready.

IMG_20210814_091005.jpg

Yes - I work projects also and do know  how those type of finish out schedules go.  Simple obvious things tend to wait to the last minute but drive you crazy every time you walk past it. 

6 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

What’s up with what looks like a dummy in a red hat sitting in front of the green thing?  Looks like it’s wearing a circa late 1970s early 1980s heavy metal concert shirt.

welders are union in ATX so they kinda do their own thing nobody fucks with them

edit: badass shirt though probably got it working some project downtown lol

reminds me of shirts like this

Forklift-Operator-Straight-Hustle-All-Da

image.png

Edited by Zeus
  • Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Yes - I work projects also and do know  how those type of finish out schedules go.  Simple obvious things tend to wait to the last minute but drive you crazy every time you walk past it. 

I got fuckin' blinders on to anything that isn't related to my job. 

If not I'd go crazy at all the little shit I see all day. Poor architects are responsible for the big big punchlists of all that.

Can someone check the Southwest entrance with this new stuff and see if they left open the climbable crack on the old south west end of the stadium?  I have seen pictures that seem to show it’s still there.  I hope so, classic 5.8 hands with tape. Possibly the last DKR route left. 😢❤️

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Domedriver said:

Can someone check the Southwest entrance with this new stuff and see if they left open the climbable crack on the old south west end of the stadium?  I have seen pictures that seem to show it’s still there.  I hope so, classic 5.8 hands with tape. Possibly the last DKR route left. 😢❤️

User name checks out

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/27/2021 at 12:16 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

That’s a welder with his hood up

Yep.  You're looking at the top of the hood.  His t-shirt says "union (iron)workers" with a picture of SRV and the Austin skyline with a bunch of cranes.

(Edit: I see this has been addressed already).

Edited by Bullneck

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Almost as bad as this permanent one outside Collie Station Stadium

eZNWRX5.jpg

I imagine people are supposed to line up in front of this for a photo-op. Might go well.  Might not.

One thing's for sure: they are a humorless lot in CS and very serious about tradition.

gX9qEooJNJm8=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

AATXAJzJr8v6CrpzWDzvJS4bjvmBPOmUFPhr3TYx

Edited by Bullneck