Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

image.thumb.jpeg.622da39f35b5e9c00758739790a77251.jpeg

This is from a tweet the University sent out in August of 2018, showing one set of Longhorn shaped structural features on the east side, and none on the west. I thought I saw them incorporated into the design as supporting a balcony, but I must be mistaken. Looks like it’s simply a feature surrounding the LHN deck. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

When its finished.  After the last punch item is closed.  So, in my experience, could be months.

Damn. WTF? The team is going to be intimately familiar with it by that point. Aren't they moving in there soon to start practicing, training, etc?

Just a little project management inside humor.  I'm sure there'll be a nice video soon, but again, they won't shoot video with trash, masking tape, unfinished areas, etc. still apparent, so they will need to get that stuff out of the way, in order for the contractor to claim substantial completion.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/29/2021 at 8:00 PM, Lobo said:

Shit man, sorry for the sassiness.  Didn't realize you are working on the project.  My covid brain fog is real.  Also, my girlfriend goes to a different school.  

Thanks for all you're doing.  Was down in the ventilation tunnels of the industrial kitchens with the ClubCorp board members and seemed like a lost cause, but then a week later---shit is looking good.  You know better than we...it'll be "product delivered" by ULL kickoff with some shit being finished out up until halftime of Rice game.  

What I do isn't exactly back breaking labor. Yeah it's going to be fine for game 1 but there's a healthy punch list of things that are going to need serious attention before HP gets to walk away from this one. 

18 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.jpeg.5bcfa4b51d961aac9481fe96d50198eb.jpeg

Yeah buddy it looks great without all those scissor lifts in the way! I knew that area was going to come out awesome.

Now they need to figure out a way to get recruits to be able to walk out of there after the team during a night game with a full stadium.

• Hook 'Em 1

Are you there every day?  We're doing another walk-thru later this week, I'll buy you a beer on the 7th floor club.  They're grabbing our entire club staff, or who is willing, to go and help finish assembling that catering kitchen in the SEZ because apparently for the money those folks forked out for suites prefer their food at temperature.  Bastards.  

I'm looking forward to Saturday down there to see it go "live".  It's amazing how much work has been done the last couple months.  our walk-through at start of summer, we were all just nodding and pretending like, "Sure dude, this'll be done by September 4th.  Oh yeah, for sure.  And that stripper last night really, really likes you.  Like for real.  Not like how they bullshit, for real this time."  

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Are you there every day?  We're doing another walk-thru later this week, I'll buy you a beer on the 7th floor club.  They're grabbing our entire club staff, or who is willing, to go and help finish assembling that catering kitchen in the SEZ because apparently for the money those folks forked out for suites prefer their food at temperature.  Bastards.  

I'm looking forward to Saturday down there to see it go "live".  It's amazing how much work has been done the last couple months.  our walk-through at start of summer, we were all just nodding and pretending like, "Sure dude, this'll be done by September 4th.  Oh yeah, for sure.  And that stripper last night really, really likes you.  Like for real.  Not like how they bullshit, for real this time."  

B4E603C6-2F7C-44D9-83CE-0D15555B73B7.gif

• Like 1

I am happy.  And I'm really appreciative for how insanely hard the crews are working to finish this thing out.  Or at least get it "80% gameday ready" because the entitled assholes are coming in droves on Saturday and they're gonna want results for that they paid for.  Can't say I blame 'em.  I'll be slumming it myself.  But props to Zeus and the crew.  happy to buy him beers later this week, but I doubt he'll have 2 minutes to spare to chug one.  

On 8/30/2021 at 12:12 PM, Wally Pryor said:

Outstanding.  Maybe I can't get over the jubilation of seeing burnt orange. 

On 8/30/2021 at 12:52 PM, CycleTex87 said:

Reposting this 'cause its awesome:

0B4752BE-0CB0-45AA-8F99-6AD6DFDB5227.thumb.jpeg.72e3bac89d105a7ac35f263b6d649e8d.jpeg

On 8/30/2021 at 7:52 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

On 8/30/2021 at 9:33 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

image.jpeg.5bcfa4b51d961aac9481fe96d50198eb.jpeg

23 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Unless you’re referring to the incorrect shade of burnt orange in the end zone, then you would have to refer to C-W F at DKR-TMS

I like how they have decided to incorporate every single different shade of burnt orange that has appeared on uniforms, swag, programs, and buildings through the years.

This way alums from every generation will be able to connect with the updated stadium immediately on a personal level.

It hits you in the feels. 

🤘🏈❤️🤘

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

I am happy.  And I'm really appreciative for how insanely hard the crews are working to finish this thing out.  Or at least get it "80% gameday ready" because the entitled assholes are coming in droves on Saturday and they're gonna want results for that they paid for.  Can't say I blame 'em.  I'll be slumming it myself.  But props to Zeus and the crew.  happy to buy him beers later this week, but I doubt he'll have 2 minutes to spare to chug one.  

I will never understand why people will pay big money for all of that luxury and then have to watch the game from the fucking endzone.

• Hook 'Em 2

I sat in the north endzone for years.  After a few games, you get used to the sightline forever.  But we'd bring friends and you could tell they found the angle/sightline to be annoying.  

But to your point, yeah...the prices for the suites and other premium seating in the new SEZ...that as a complete non-starter for people who may be able to afford it but aren't paying those prices.  I just asked for shits 'n giggles about going from one club to another down there, figuring it would be 50-100% more of what I used to pay.  Nope, 3x.  That conversation ended before it began.  I will say this though, after some walk-throughs in the new SEZ...we have some really nice premium spaces around the stadium...but this is a cut above.  This is nicer than any stadium interior space in the nation, including NFL.  But it doesn't justify those prices for sitting in an endzone.  I guess the sun behind you most of the game will be a nice plus though.  

Edited by Lobo

9 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I will never understand why people will pay big money for all of that luxury and then have to watch the game from the fucking endzone.

Gosh, I guess I missed the opportunity to buy season tickets from the sidelines since they're already taken. I especially must have missed the opportunity where they demolished the west side of the stadium and rebuilt it as luxury seating while opening it to the general public to bid upon, all while displacing the current seat holders, many who have had those tickets in their families for decades. Can you point me to where I missed this opportunity and got stuck with just this SEZ option? Because now I'm fucking kicking myself. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Gosh, I guess I missed the opportunity to buy season tickets from the sidelines since they're already taken. I especially must have missed the opportunity where they demolished the west side of the stadium and rebuilt it as luxury seating while opening it to the general public to bid upon, all while displacing the current seat holders, many who have had those tickets in their families for decades. Can you point me to where I missed this opportunity and got stuck with just this SEZ option? Because now I'm fucking kicking myself. 

These people are making the choice to sit there.

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

image.gif.891f023bb4ca8107490dab85c25ffbdd.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I have some friends that are moving from the East Club seats to the new SEZ. Although the sightlines are worse you are moving out of the direct sun and into something with brand new world class facilities. I think even watching from the common areas of the SEZ are going to be awesome. Not sure that's possible from the East Club.

Edited by ZB'Tejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I’ve sat on the 50 and in the end zone. I guess being able to tell if it’s a first down is cool but I enjoy the players view/perspective more. Id take SEZ seats in a heartbeat. 

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I have some friends that are moving from the East Club seats to the new SEZ. Although you sightlines are worse you are moving out of the direct sun and into something with brand new world class facilities. I think even watching from the common areas of the SEZ are going to be awesome. Not sure that's possible from the East Club.

Yeah, the downside of the East Club is that you can't see the game from inside the club.  It was designed that way back when NCAA/conference rules were more strict about alcohol.  You had to have complete barriers.  Then it sorta morphed into what you saw in the NEZ Club for years where you could see the field from the club area and even take your beer out to your seats with you.  Now we have beer sales everywhere, even some liquor areas, and in most cases it can all be out in the open.  We're just a season or two away from craft cocktail bars in some open-air areas, regardless of club access.  it's always nice to have A/C and a decent place to piss.  But some of the club areas don't offer enough bang for their buck.  The Centennial Room on the West side is a curious example.  Nice finish out, they try to upgrade it every couple years, good food, massive bar for short lines.  But it's a pain in the ass to get to and the sightlines suck.  Unless you're in the front row, the overhang completely inhibits your view.  I've only been as a guest, but I'm told those are very expensive seats to sit where most people can't see the game even from their seats.  

I guess I just don't get the whole idea of paying big money to sit in air conditioned luxury with easy access to food and drink while basically just watching the game on tv.  If that's what I wanted I'd just do it at home.  I guess part of it is being able to flaunt your wealth, kind of like driving a Ferrari around the pothole infested streets of Houston.  To me part of the experience of watching the game is being hot and miserable and going home tired, sun burnt and hoarse.  I also don't get the need for being drunk at games once you're out of school.  However, I am glad that there are those fans who feel differently and thus are willing to pony up big bucks to pay for the stadium improvements.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I guess I just don't get the whole idea of paying big money to sit in air conditioned luxury with easy access to food and drink while basically just watching the game on tv.  If that's what I wanted I'd just do it at home.  I guess part of it is being able to flaunt your wealth, kind of like driving a Ferrari around the pothole infested streets of Houston.  To me part of the experience of watching the game is being hot and miserable and going home tired, sun burnt and hoarse.  I also don't get the need for being drunk at games once you're out of school.  However, I am glad that there are those fans who feel differently and thus are willing to pony up big bucks to pay for the stadium improvements.

Why can't you enjoy the game you like it and let others enjoy the game they like it? I don't think it's about flaunting wealth. Different people just have different opinions of fun. You aren't a better fan because you like to enjoy the game in a certain way.