Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Coaches come and go, but Sandstorm never dies. 

It’s been with us so long it’s family now.

Song came out pre 9/11. In fact, it was released when Clinton was still President.

When that song was released MD players were a deal and we as a fan base were consumed by the Simms vs Applewhite debate. 

Im glad Zombie Nation finally died tho

15 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

It’s been with us so long it’s family now.

Song came out pre 9/11. In fact, it was released when Clinton was still President.

When that song was released MD players were a deal and we as a fan base were consumed by the Simms vs Applewhite debate. 

Im glad Zombie Nation finally died tho

Back when you would get flyers under your dorm room door multiple times a week for different raves that were happening that weekend. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Anyone know who is getting the purple seats in the new seating chart? It is just listed as unavailable. Student section in yellow. So at least a couple sections of the south end zone will have students, but I wonder if they also spill over to purple or if that is general admission of some kind? 

Also love that the visitors section is still just up in the corner. But apparently SEC rules will dictate that at least one section is in the bottom bowl. Wonder where they stick them when we move. Probably section 19 again like in previous years. 

https://texassports.com/documents/2021/4/19//2021_DKR_Season_Ticket_Map_Final_3_.pdf?id=15675

spacer.png

Edited by jwtexan

7 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

What exactly is this outdoor patio section? A freaking umbrella and sectional couch?  I hope a QB throws it away and nails some old lady with a huge hat on and spills her drink.

754621129_Annotation2021-09-03103435.thumb.jpg.1191fbe839d5d3ce7719dd338d0f5ed0.jpg

That is smack dab in the middle of the student section. Going to be some drunk tail lounging there. Not a blue hair. Although I am guessing, just by the advertisement just below the sectional on the wall, that this might be the new "best seat in the house" promotion where they move a fan down from the upper deck to this spot. 

Edited by jwtexan

11 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

What exactly is this outdoor patio section? A freaking umbrella and sectional couch?  I hope a QB throws it away and nails some old lady with a huge hat on and spills her drink.

754621129_Annotation2021-09-03103435.thumb.jpg.1191fbe839d5d3ce7719dd338d0f5ed0.jpg

At one point there was a discussion that one of these party decks would be a good place to potentially host recruits and their parents. Naturally you'd hope they'd have a shittastic experience. That being said, I sure as shit hope that idea was scrapped or at the least is on a party deck on the OTHER side...which I'd assume, considering it's listed as Not Available. 

23 minutes ago, jwtexan said:

Anyone know who is getting the purple seats in the new seating chart? It is just listed as unavailable. Student section in yellow. So at least a couple sections of the south end zone will have students, but I wonder if they also spill over to purple or if that is general admission of some kind? 

Also love that the visitors section is still just up in the corner. But apparently SEC rules will dictate that at least one section is in the bottom bowl. Wonder where they stick them when we move. Probably section 19 again like in previous years. 

https://texassports.com/documents/2021/4/19//2021_DKR_Season_Ticket_Map_Final_3_.pdf?id=15675

spacer.png

The band is in the upper deck?

19 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

SMU once tried the party deck thing....massive disaster. Gone after the season. I hope Texas gets rid of the gimmicky umbrella/couch bs

image.jpeg

Edited by Doak

Just now, Doak said:

SMU once tried the party deck thing....massive disaster. Gone after the season. I hope Texas gets rid of the gimmicky umbrella/couch bs

image.jpeg

Out of curiosity, why was it a disaster? Most major sports franchises have some version of this now, although not with the shitty couch, I'll grant you. 

23 minutes ago, South Austin said:

So the players have already been doing cocaine.  Nice.

My brain went there, too.  The one pool has zero reflection of the lights and the one on the right...I pictured the scene in "Armageddon" with Bruce Willis:

"It's enough blow to kill an elephant."

"Well, some of these guys are pretty big." 

And yeah---what happened at SMU party decks?  

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Out of curiosity, why was it a disaster? Most major sports franchises have some version of this now, although not with the shitty couch, I'll grant you. 

It was a just ploy to get butts away from the Boulevard and into the stadium because they had more 'upscale' drinks on the deck. When in reality, it just became a gathering spot that took focus away from the game itself. For the people that did show up, not sure they even laid eyes on the field. For SMU purposes, it probably did get people into the game...but it's odd seeing everyone's backs to the game as they enjoy their little party up there. Obviously Texas and SMU are different situations and SMU's was on a much larger scale . All in all it just fuels the 'wine and cheese' crowd stereotype

Edited by Doak

45 minutes ago, jwtexan said:

spacer.png

Pretty sure it ws stated that those sections will be where the recuits and their families will now be seated. 

SIAP but is the number of student seats being reduced by all this? The entire SEZ used to be student seating, so I'd imagine so which would kinda suck.

I always thought the party deck thing was dumb but actually like it better now that I see the umbrellas/couches. I thought it was just gonna be some lame standing room only thing. They can probably get good money for an outdoor "lounge" like that.

As for recruits, a nice party deck could be pretty cool for them and their fams, and I like putting them in in the middle of the students where it gets loud and rowdy.

Yeah, the placement of those recruit decks is awesome.  Right under our shiny new SEZ toys/tunnel.  All that could go wrong is some overserved students right near them acting like asses in front of the parents.  

However, you can easily override that with making sure some sororities conveniently get bloc seating on those section edges for each and every game.  What a crazy coincidence, that seating never goes to fraternities.  How odd.  Skirts and boots to your left, Longhorn football to your right.  Letter of Intent on the table in front of you while your dad enjoys a cold beer and the eye candy.  

8 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

We're not trying to cook the 'cruits and their fams, so west side makes good sense.

Ah yeah that makes sense

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

However, you can easily override that with making sure some sororities conveniently get bloc seating on those section edges for each and every game.  What a crazy coincidence, that seating never goes to fraternities.  How odd.  Skirts and boots to your left, Longhorn football to your right.  Letter of Intent on the table in front of you while your dad enjoys a cold beer and the eye candy.  

Great idea lol but I don't think the student sections actually work that way anymore. I think it's basically just a big free-for-all once you're in the door

Well a lot of you parents on here have kids in the greek system at UT.  Encourage them to get together informally and work as a team to make sure some of the more attractive elements of our student body make their way over to those edges of those sections above the recruit patios.  If the frat guys are real gentlemen, they'll run over and reserve those areas and then everybody else can fill in accordingly.  Let's use the Greek System for good this time!

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Well a lot of you parents on here have kids in the greek system at UT.  Encourage them to get together informally and work as a team to make sure some of the more attractive elements of our student body make their way over to those edges of those sections above the recruit patios.  If the frat guys are real gentlemen, they'll run over and reserve those areas and then everybody else can fill in accordingly.  Let's use the Greek System for good this time!

This is what pledges are for. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe my phone screen sucks, but are there leather chairs actually facing away from the field?

1 hour ago, ousux said:
8 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Maybe my phone screen sucks, but are there leather chairs actually facing away from the field?

53636CD3-EE61-462F-AD1A-02C8BC49320A.gif

20 hours ago, jwtexan said:

Sweet. That’s a damn good idea 

Yes, that’s where recruits and their families will be hosted. There’s an Instagram photo stage above it and an air-conditioned food and drink area behind that. 

Bad news for the OCD goobers on this thread. The field goal is definitely about 2 feet to the right of center in apparently both end zones. I assume that will be a home field advantage, as our kickers will quickly figure that out. I’m lined up in the center as noted by kickoff and extra point markings on the field.

The other pic is of the Insta area directly above where recruits will be seated, from our suite. 

E10DD7FC-6C14-4386-AB65-B3A391507510.jpeg

7ED96584-EB23-4156-91B2-CB1688D106A9.jpeg