Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They were full when it was bleacher seats. 

It was student seating. Cowboys and Spurs used to sit behind Smokey and Bevo on the left and right sides of the SEZ prior to construction. Only Spurs is still around since Cowboys are suspended, but they should have them sit in the SEZ again to at least have bodies there. It only makes sense since both Smokey and bevo are in their same spots. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Yeah I get that. It’s just poorly executed no matter how we try to spin it. Again, somehow every single stadium in the country managed to figure out how to sell premium seats and club access without the end result being huge sections of prime real estate seating left empty on national television. If aggy had done this, we’d all be laughing our asses off at them…even more than we already do (if that’s possible).

I laughed when new yankee stadium opened and all the seats behind home plate were empty. 

but it was really hot yesterday, shockingly in early September in Texas, and those with other places to be comfortable at the game availed themselves of the opportunity. I don’t blame them.  We will see if the AD decides to implement any policies to encourage or force people out of the clubs at certain times, like when the team takes the field.  Might not be a fight they are willing to pick at the prices of those seats…unless there’s a wait list for them. And it’s tough to fathom a list of people wanting those seats that doesn’t involve Sydney and ctj at the ass end of it and they got seats so I’ll infer from that. 

18 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

The new end zone seats are premium seating, and priced accordingly.  They're not selling them for cheap.  The SEZ pricing model is entirely different than past designs.

And there lies the problem.  Any seating that is premium with access to a private club will not be fully occupied, not even if it is 75 degrees with shade outside.  I was in the NEZ touchdown and terrace club seating for years and there were always people that stayed in the clubs just sitting around yakking and drinking during the game occasionally saying “what happened?” when they heard a roar from the stadium.

Those limited gray seats in the SEZ should have just remained non-premium as before.  Yes, they make money, but as Bud asked Gekko, “how many yachts can you water-ski behind?”  

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I laughed when new yankee stadium opened and all the seats behind home plate were empty. 

but it was really hot yesterday, shockingly in early September in Texas, and those with other places to be comfortable at the game availed themselves of the opportunity. I don’t blame them.  We will see if the AD decides to implement any policies to encourage or force people out of the clubs at certain times, like when the team takes the field.  Might not be a fight they are willing to pick at the prices of those seats…unless there’s a wait list for them. And it’s tough to fathom a list of people wanting those seats that doesn’t involve Sydney and ctj at the ass end of it and they got seats so I’ll infer from that. 

I don't know if those seats have any services included, like bringing food and beverages directly to your seat.  Doesn't fix the problem entirely.  I think they have to separate the seat access from the club access, but offer a middle service tier to bring out food and beverages directly to your seat.  And then partner with someone like DoorDash to handle the tech in exchange for ad space or something.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

And there lies the problem.  Any seating that is premium with access to a private club will not be fully occupied, not even if it is 75 degrees with shade outside.  I was in the NEZ touchdown and terrace club seating for years and there were always people that stayed in the clubs just sitting around yakking and drinking during the game occasionally saying “what happened?” when they heard a roar from the stadium.

Those limited gray seats in the SEZ should have just remained non-premium as before.  Yes, they make money, but as Bud asked Gekko, “how many yachts can you water-ski behind?”  

I don't think they're going to abandon that revenue.  What I think they are banking on is program success to drive additional demand.

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

I don't think they're going to abandon that revenue.  What I think they are banking on is program success to drive additional demand.

That doesn’t change his opinion the people who are buying those seats for those prices rather be inside than actually watching the game. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That doesn’t change his opinion the people who are buying those seats for those prices rather be inside than actually watching the game. 

If the program creates additional demand to a sufficient level, they can enforce whatever they want on a season-by-season basis.  Including separating the seat access from the club access.

Just now, SizzleChest said:

Bump up the other seating (suites) a bit.  Have just the seats immediately underneath the horns as premium.  And, that revenue did not exist until they redesigned the SEZ.  It’s not zero sum.  I imagine part of the reason that the seats are empty is that   . . . they are in the low end zone behind the goal post.  Why the fuck would you not stay in the club if those were your seats?  The NEZ seats are acceptable because they are much higher up with better views.

11 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

That outline of the state of texas in the middle of the field is fucking dumb

Wrong. 

10 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It’s hardly noticeable. 

It was made to be that way during the day.  Will show up better at night, like the lighting around the Longhorn cutout in the SEZ.

• Like 1

Gate 25 was a disaster. Not shocked as to why when I got to the front and saw 3 people scanning tickets. 

Endzone looks awesome. Lights on the horn should not be flashing while we are trying to kick an extra point though. 

For any aggy people yelling at you about the new endzone being off center just send them this monstrosity. Goal post off center on the tunnel. Erector set upper deck completely out of whack to try and retro fit to the tackle box too. spacer.png

Agree that SEZ attendance was very embarrassing. Weather will fix most of the issue but it was still bad. Sounds ridiculous/wussie but they might need to install some misters/fans or something under the seats to keep people cool enough to sit there.

But yeah, also some people treat this as a social event and will just hang out in the club. I've gone to a bunch of games in the club seats on the East side, and while it's never as bad as yesterday, there's always a few people just chilling inside. Generally not a problem though when weather is good.

Dear SEZ club members,

since none of you are electing to use the seating assigned to your tickets, the AD has made a minor change. Going forward, your tickets only give you access to the club. Continue to enjoy the benefits as you have been.  However, we will now be selling those seats separate and apart from the club access.  Club members will not be allowed to purchase these seats. 
Hook ‘em!

crystal conte 

• Hook 'Em 8

Give students free tix and a hot dog, stage them close so they can watch the game, user restaurant pagers to summon them, send them to opens seats. If someone comes back to their seat, they look for another empty seat, or go back up for another free hot dog. The lucky ones have choice seats for the whole game.

On 9/5/2021 at 9:59 AM, Landomatic said:

Yeah I get that. It’s just poorly executed no matter how we try to spin it. Again, somehow every single stadium in the country managed to figure out how to sell premium seats and club access without the end result being huge sections of prime real estate seating left empty on national television. If aggy had done this, we’d all be laughing our asses off at them…even more than we already do (if that’s possible).

As long as the seats are sold, they really couldn't care less if anyone is in them.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, texifornia said:

Sigh. I get it, but it really does look like shit on TV. Hopefully the rich people aren't still having social hour inside all game when the weather is below 100.

rich people would buy the shittiest viewing seats in the stadium?  that's weird.

49 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yeah, y'all may think those seats being empty is a problem but Bellmont does not

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Sigh. I get it, but it really does look like shit on TV. Hopefully the rich people aren't still having social hour inside all game when the weather is below 100.

Maybe Belmont will get it if Sark starts hearing and reports the following from recruits:  “Hey coach love everything I’ve seen so far, but what’s with all the empty seats at the game?  I don’t see that at Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, Athens, Gainesville (or, gulp, College Station).”

19 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

Ok, they were figuratively in the club? 

Figuratively, they are always in the club not watching. 

It looked pathetic on the broadcast.  

Sell the seats. Those who want the air-conditioned club, can stay in the air-conditioned club (no seats) and look out over a new student section with no access to the club.

Sell more seats and increase capacity. 

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

As long as the seats are sold, they really couldn't care less if anyone is in them.

Yes but my solution involves them selling the seats again after taking them away from the club people, without reimbursing the club people. It’s more money for the AD. They should be on it like @Brisketexanon reruns of Sisters. 

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If the club amenities are better than the view from the seats, it's not hard to figure out where people will spend the majority of the game.

Yet somehow, every other stadium in the country, with as good or better club amenities, manages to figure out how to do it.

1 minute ago, Landomatic said:

Yet somehow, every other stadium in the country, with as good or better club amenities, manages to figure out how to do it.

Club sections are often empty in many stadiums but they're not in the end zone that is easy to spot especially during extra points.

Usually club sections are in the mid-tier that are only visible in rare TV shots of the full stadium. I've been in stadiums where club sections are usually half empty for half of the 1st and 3rd quarters.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Wait what seats are y’all talking about? The chair backs below the horns in the Longhorn? @SydneyCartonis there a 2nd club below the one you have access to? Because the pictures I saw of the upper club weren’t crowded and it’s not that big. I don’t think that’s where the people missing from their seats were.

DA54722D-1FEC-461B-89C6-7766B7A1696D.jpeg

There's "two club areas" up there.  

Centennial Club isn't really visible on TV.  but when East side Club was built and NEZ/Touchdown Club, it took 2 full seasons before the novelty wore off and people finally spent more time in their seats.  It'll take this season and half of another before people who sit down there to spend most of their time out at their seats.  Plus weather was shitty.  And the dirty little secret that the LHF wants to keep quiet---40% of those seats went unsold despite the fervor about the new season.