Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

On 10/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, David Dennison said:

Turn off the televisions during the game. If that doesn't work, shut down alcohol sales in the club during the game. Only sell to people in seats. 

There are plenty of ways to force ticket holders into their seats.

Right.  Strip amenities away from folks that shelled out a $20K capital commitment + $4K/year per season ticket.  You know, the people that paid for all the facility upgrades.  What could go wrong.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right.  Strip amenities away from folks that shelled out a $20K capital commitment + $4K/year per season ticket.  You know, the people that paid for all the facility upgrades.  What could go wrong.

They should offer those folks a +1 or +2 deal where you can bring friend or kids or grandkids, with some arrangement that the plus people have to actually sit in the seats while the big money people enjoy the club.

20 hours ago, Skipper said:

Well, they're going to have to do something, because that empty SEZ is a sad metaphor for the state of Texas football.

22 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Actually paints the picture perfect “rich Texas donors would rather sit in private exclusive club than watch football”

A litmus test could be used to confirm who should be seated in the SEZ…for instance, if you can answer who Ron McKelvey was, then you’re good to go. If you have a ranch hand on your Range Rover, but live in HP, then no dice…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Unless getting those people to actually sit in their seats helps the team get better and win more games I think there are more pressing problems to address

The lack of fans in the SE End zone seats diminishes the home field advantage. It’s not loud or intimidating in any way. It’s an embarrassment.

• Hook 'Em 5

On 10/19/2021 at 3:25 PM, Skipper said:

Why would they give a fuck if they're not using those amenities? Oh.. because they're assholes. 

28 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Why would they give a fuck if they're not using those amenities? Oh.. because they're assholes. 

Huh?  Not following this at all.  And people don't seem to understand that it's not a ton of people inside the air conditioned club.  It's mainly people watching the game from field level against the padding a few feet away from the back of the end zone.  Also, the seats are probably not even 75% sold.  I'm guessing more like 50%.   UT probably overpriced.  Especially with the shit schedule this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Actually paints the picture perfect “rich Texas donors would rather sit in private exclusive club than watch football”

It's got a nice cigar smoking area too that faces the other way to look over downtown Austin. Very pleasant. 

41 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

They actually are using those amenities, just the indoor ones you cant see as well as the seat amenities.

11 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Huh?  Not following this at all.  And people don't seem to understand that it's not a ton of people inside the air conditioned club.  It's mainly people watching the game from field level against the padding a few feet away from the back of the end zone.  Also, the seats are probably not even 75% sold.  I'm guessing more like 50%.   UT probably overpriced.  Especially with the shit schedule this year.

This is the big elephant in the room. The schedule is shit, everyone is done watching Texas play against okie lite and the refs at 11 am every year.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Huh?  Not following this at all.

He is saying, why would they care if you take away something that they are not using.  There’s apparently little value on the seats based on their usage, to those who currently have the right to use them.  

I say instead of a see through net for kicks, have a print of a full SEZ. That way most of the time that end zone shot is used, it will look full!

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He is saying, why would they care if you take away something that they are not using.  There’s apparently little value on the seats based on their usage, to those who currently have the right to use them.  

I say instead of a see through net for kicks, have a print of a full SEZ. That way most of the time that end zone shot is used, it will look full!

This is the entire problem.   It was a poor design from the start.  After sitting in these seats, what they SHOULD have done is during construction, made the endzone seating completely independent of the club and dug a tunnel from the lower club level for easy access to the west side.  You absolutely have to have an actual "seat option" for the Field Club or you would never sell those seats.  But the "seat option" should have been scattered tix on the West Side Sections 1-3.  That way, if 500 people are in the club instead of their seats, it isn't noticeable.   Unfortunately, the field club is completely integrated with the endzone seating.  I don't really see how it's feasible to separate the 2.  Certainly not an easy fix.

I still think it will improve (i) once the seating is actually sold out since that inherently means more people in the seats + more crowded below which drives people to the seats and (ii) better games/opponents and (iii) a jumbotron on NEZ showing replays.   Field level viewing is awesome as a novelty but you have zero depth perception if you are focused on the actual game.

But any suggestion they are just going to strip anything (amenities, seats, etc.) away from people that have essentially agreed to pay $1,333.33 PER SEAT PER GAME for the next 5 years is just stupid and a non-starter.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

WTF is this?  Do you own a car?  If you don't drive it for a week,  would you allow some random person who demanded access to use it?   I suppose they could create a VRBO model for those seat owners to resell just the seat (and not access to club) but that would take effort and create no new revenue for the University so aint gonna happen.  If you are implying that they should just eminent domain those seats back you must be from communist Russia, were educated at ATM or both. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, mwaadeeb said:

There are ways to fix the problem until a permanent solution reveals itself. A seat filler system, as discussed, it absolutely feasible. Give students a perk and a place to watch the game and then rotate them down there. You'd need one new staff member to administer it. Like it or not it's a stain on CDC to leave a fixable problem unfixed. It's low hanging fruit.

8 hours ago, Skipper said:

What makes you think this is the case?

13 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

The problem with the sez seats is that they are too low.   The sight lines suck and you can’t see the game action very well unless you are a good 40 rows up.  I actually prefer the club seats in the nez … 

Not club seats, my favorite seats for the last few years have been first section 115/116. If you want to go to watch a football game for cheap its a good spot. 

Edited by SlingeroGuitaro

4 hours ago, MrBig said:

All this talk about people not filling their seats because they’re inside the club, and I have not seen one single picture of hot chicks posting selfies from inside the SEZ club areas. 

east of the cut-out seat-filler committee:  https://utexas.kappa.org/chapter-officers

west of the cut-out seat-filler committee: http://utexas.tridelta.org/chapter-leadership

psa before clicking: legacies

12 minutes ago, Bernard said:

I’m late to this thread, but whoever approved this monstrosity should never have a job ever again. The south end zone is an embarrassment that we will have to live with for decades to come. 

Bernard

B9EAFDE5-6270-4220-AE6A-0797A39CA887.jpeg

0F6D3E66-E23B-415C-9A4E-CF94991B62F3.jpeg

It just needed paint and carpet. Contractor really upsold on this one. 

4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Come on guys….we can find a solution to this….think…think!

What if, and believe me—-this is a big hypothetical—-but what if, we could offer you collegiate football contests at night, and you could win them?  Would that type of arrangement do anything for ya’, Peter?

Edited by Lobo

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

What if, and believe me—-this is a big hypothetical—-but what if, we could offer you collegiate football contests at night, and you could win them?  Would that type of arrangement do anything for ya’, Peter?

3pm kickoff, top 25 matchup, oh it’s too hot

11am kickoff, top 25 matchup, perfect football weather 

it doesn’t matter those seats will never have people in them as the people will remain in the club. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, David Dennison said:

What makes you think this is the case?

Because I sat in them for the Tech game and neither the seats nor the Club was remotely crowded.   At any give point I could walk down to the deck below and be in the 2nd row against the padding if not directly on it.  It's not even close to being sold out.  Again, the price tag on these seats is a $20K donation per seat + $4K per seat per year.   They overpriced it.  At least for this year for this home schedule.  Look at the pic Bernard posted.  I'm positive there is hardly anyone inside the actual club.  Put all of the people along the padding below in a seat above.  It's still only half full.

Edited by Skipper