Dallas Cowboys 2018 offseason thread

DougO

On 4/25/2018 at 9:39 AM, Amobie said:

Guy hasn't even been to a NFL practice and you have already decided he can't rush the passer.

If he's there at 19 he's the pick.

Well well I’m a fuxking morom that doesn’t know shit, but this was the guy I wanted at 19 and the guy I called earlier this week.

so fuck it, let’s roll

• Like 1

Really would have like to get James once he fell but knew it was going to be difficult to get by SD and Seattle.  After that, I like pass rushers but understand the need for 3 down LBs.  My concern with LVE is health and he hasn't played 11 man football a ton but he's an explosive rangy athlete and if Marinelli can coach him up, he could be a 7-10 year starter.  Or he could be Barbie Carpenter....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Really would have like to get James once he fell but knew it was going to be difficult to get by SD and Seattle.  After that, I like pass rushers but understand the need for 3 down LBs.  My concern with LVE is health and he hasn't played 11 man football a ton but he's an explosive rangy athlete and if Marinelli can coach him up, he could be a 7-10 year starter.  Or he could be Barbie Carpenter....

Mike Mamula would like a word with you.

1 minute ago, futureman said:

zeke is the most important player for our defense. 

They really need to get off of this. No team is winning a title when their defense is so bad it has to be constantly shielded by the offense running down the clock.  

On 4/11/2018 at 2:09 PM, Farkimedes said:

I like the pick. I was hoping Derwin would fall but oh well.  

Im more worried about OG than most i guess.  Id take the best one there at 51

Edited by Post Oak
No clue why its quoted Farkimedes from 2weeks ago

59 minutes ago, Drew said:

wouldn't be the first time a guy had 1 good season and got drafted.  I think he'll be good.

Maybe would have preferred a trade back...but not mad at this.  Makes sense.

Drew likes the pick. Isn't that usually the kiss of death?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

If both WR were off the board I would really like this pick. I still like, but curious as to why Ridley dropped. The combine made this kid a lot of money. 

Some teams are worried about his strength and getting off press.  He's not a big guy at all.   He's also older..... turns 24 at the end of this year.  Not saying those are valid reasons but they're I've read.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Some teams are worried about his strength and getting off press.  He's not a big guy at all.   He's also older..... turns 24 at the end of this year.  Not saying those are valid reasons but they're I've read.

He’s 21, 6’4” and 256. Unless Wiki is lying to me. 

I would’ve liked DJ Moore, but I’m good with the pick. Not the sexiest pick, and you can’t like that he only started for one year, but his highlights look ridiculous. He doesn’t look like a combine warrior. He looks like a guy with a lot of untapped potential, but his “flashes” in his highlights match his combine numbers (unlike Byron jones IMO). He should be an upgrade over Anthony Hitchens, and definitely an upgrade over what we have now at Mike. But god damnit I wanted DJ Moore.

With that being said, Will Hernandez is still out there, Sutton, Anthony Miller, DJ Chark. I would trade up for any of these guys if they start to fall to a reasonable price. 

2 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Stop trying to make this pick give you the warm and fuzzies.  Our wr corp is abysmal and for some fucking reason we passed on wr1 and wr2 in the entire draft.

Defense is abysmal, too. A little less so, now.

Van De Camp's is a big dude for a 4-3 LB. I'm almost scared he'll grow into a DE. He has huge upside if he can maintain some discipline and us his freaky athletic skills. I haven't watched much on him, but he seems to be a playmaker. If nothing else he could start at SLB while he gets his feet wet, should add something to the D right away. With some luck, if he picks things up quickly, he could start inside.

Get a safety and a DT to go wtih him and suddenly you have a chance to drastically improve the D up the middle.

None of the WRs in this draft were no-brainer first round picks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, In10se said:

They really need to get off of this. No team is winning a title when their defense is so bad it has to be constantly shielded by the offense running down the clock.  

The Cowboys came within one shitty call of an NFC Championship game with that shit.

7 minutes ago, DougO said:

The Cowboys came within one shitty call of an NFC Championship game with that shit.

Well Aaron Rodgers would have still had 6 minutes even if they called it a catch, and given what he did to that shit defense over the years, it's about 5 1/2 minutes more than he would need to beat them. 

That game was far far far from over. 

1 hour ago, DougO said:

Defense is abysmal, too. A little less so, now.

Van De Camp's is a big dude for a 4-3 LB. I'm almost scared he'll grow into a DE. He has huge upside if he can maintain some discipline and us his freaky athletic skills. I haven't watched much on him, but he seems to be a playmaker. If nothing else he could start at SLB while he gets his feet wet, should add something to the D right away. With some luck, if he picks things up quickly, he could start inside.

Get a safety and a DT to go wtih him and suddenly you have a chance to drastically improve the D up the middle.

None of the WRs in this draft were no-brainer first round picks.

From the sound of the post first round PC, it sounds like he'll be tried at Mike to begin with.....