Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

I assume they’ll stop selling concessions and lock the bathrooms during the anthem from now on at NFL games too? After all it’s disrespectful to the flag and country to not be recognizing both during our sacred anthem. 

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Until it is.

There are many stops on the way to all out tyranny.

Trump is well on his way.  He’s subverted two branches of government already.

Schiff’s absolute power quote is technically inaccurate but it’s not too far off.

Man this forum is incredible.  We are so far from all out tyranny, it’s funny. 

Schiff is a dope who has upped his profile immensely from pumping this stuff.  People lap it up.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Schiff is a dope who has upped his profile immensely from pumping this stuff.  People lap it up.  

Right.  Military parades and if you don’t stand and clap it’s treason.

Perfectly normal.

4 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

When you look at the NRA as a consumer marketing organization to sell products (guns) they make a lot more sense than if you see them as a political group.

The 1970s responsible gun ownership NRA wouldn't recognize a thing about the present day gun sales cheerleader NRA.

50 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The main reason NFL fans are upset about the kneeling is because of DONALD FUCKING TRUMP.  If Dotard said these athletes had the right to protest, most of the anger would dissipate. He and Pence are directly responsible. 

I mean, look at these fucking goons. 

You have FORCED someone to "honor" a symbol....and that's "winning?"

This is the adult moron equivalent of telling two kids who hate each other "tell him you're sorry.  I SAID TELL HIM YOU'RE SORRY!"   [muttering] "sorry."  Wow.  Big win there.

2 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

The 1970s responsible gun ownership NRA wouldn't recognize a thing about the present day gun sales cheerleader NRA.

Hell, the 1960s NRA was anti second amendment, along with Governor Ronald Reagan.

7 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Oh you think the players are just going to stop? Now that they have a confirmed 1st amendment case? Hah.

Unfortunately I don't think there is much of a remedy. Courts could prevent Trump from actually punishing the NFL if it stood up to him, but the NFL capitulated.  Like most things in the constitution, it is up to the vigilant citizenry to preserve our rights through the vote. 

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

https://thefederalist.com/2018/05/22/james-clapper-just-lied-again-about-his-previous-lies-about-nsa-spying/

He also was involved in the faulty Iraq WMD intelligence assessment.

And before you mention it, yes I realize that he is one of many people still involved with intelligence that took part in that.  Some like Bolton were brought back by Trump.  I think that’s shameful.

There’s other examples, but suffice it to say Clapper is one of the main reasons that the American people do not trust the intelligence community.

We went to war in Iraq because it was foreordained when Dubya was elected. It wasn't a failing of U.S. intelligence that sent us into that fiasco after 9/11. That was just how it was sold. The administration was only looking for an excuse.

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

Unfortunately I don't think there is much of a remedy. Courts could prevent Trump from actually punishing the NFL if it stood up to him, but the NFL capitulated.  Like most things in the constitution, it is up to the vigilant citizenry to preserve our rights through the vote.  

Que? Its the players that have the 1st amendment case. The NFL just agreed with Trump, so if they kneel next year and get punished... game on.

9 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Que? Its the players that have the 1st amendment case. The NFL just agreed with Trump, so if they kneel next year and get punished... game on.

But a private entity can constitutionallly compel speech by its employees.

Edited by Mojo Hand

6 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

And the argument is out there that private entities, receiving millions in tax payer incentives to build their stadiums, cannot.

Its also been put forward that the president, by threatening the players and threatening to use the tax code to punish the NFL is a problem for him.

Edit: Remember that almost all of these protests are taking place in tax payer owned or funded stadiums.

Edited by relapse98

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

What you had on the last page were people predicting a military coup to depose a president who was removed from office but refused to leave. Or a military backed dictatorship coming to power. Or some other form of fundamentally undermining the Constitution. If we're going there, the shit is going to hit the fan.  We are at any moment approximately 72 hours from total societal collapse. If it comes to that, and a despotic takeover of the federal government is in play to set that off, I'm going to go ahead and keep my ARs close by.   

Less than that if the Russians, Chinese, or Norks decide to hit our power grid.

Did you see the absolute batshit crazy behavior that occurred at Austin gas stations during hurricane Harvey? If the lights go out all hell will break loose.

God damn, it's amazing what a hypocrite this orange turd is.  The blue lives who dare stand up to him are piece of shit liars.  The blue lifer pigs on the street that fuck with black/brown people and abuse/imprison them (central park 5?) are great people because A. they fuck with black people who don't vote for him.  B. many of the people who vote for him largely hate black/brown people.  C. The pigs themselves support this bigot shithead.

Yet the GOP continues to support this hate-monger.  His arteries can't clog soon enough.   

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Less than that if the Russians, Chinese, or Norks decide to hit our power grid.

Did you see the absolute batshit crazy behavior that occurred at Austin gas stations during hurricane Harvey? If the lights go out all hell will break loose.

and it seems that we've done very little to protect our future elections and our power grid/facilities

33 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Hell, the 1960s NRA was anti second amendment, along with Governor Ronald Reagan.

Well that’s because the people fighting for their rights to open carry weren’t white.  Black panthers walking around armed was scary.  Reagan did everything he could to stop it as governor.  Claimed the 2nd amendment didn’t provide that right.  Courts said otherwise.

32 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

And the argument is out there that private entities, receiving millions in tax payer incentives to build their stadiums, cannot.

Its also been put forward that the president, by threatening the players and threatening to use the tax code to punish the NFL is a problem for him.

Edit: Remember that almost all of these protests are taking place in tax payer owned or funded stadiums.

#weaponizedtheIRS

37 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Of course they can. But that’s not what happened here.

The government, trump, compelled a supposedly private entity, the NFL (arguably somewhat public due to public funding of stadiums) into forcing its employees (servants) to stand for the flag. That my friends is tyranny and an eviceration of the first amendment. Maybe we need a National Free Speech Association. 

Now that Trump got away with that, let’s see if he can follow through with the logical next step. My bet is no, but I am an optimist. 

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The government, trump, compelled a supposedly private entity, the NFL (arguably somewhat public due to public funding of stadiums) into forcing its employees (servants) to stand for the flag. That my friends is tyranny and an eviceration of the first amendment. Maybe we need a National Free Speech Association. 

Now that Trump got away with that, let’s see if he can follow through with the logical next step. My bet is no, but I am an optimist. 

don't forget the anti-trust exemption. they are also classified as a non-profit, so they evade paying taxes. 

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

And yet you bring the Federalist Papers to it as proof that you're a moronic shill.  Post less or use the ignore feature.  The latter is your friend and the first would be ours.  

Edited by Mdhorn

No bigger group of snowflakes than the ones crying over how people act during the anthem.  Absolutley pathetic group of butt hurt simpletons.  Of course that is why they use the word snowflakes over and over and over.  Projection.  Sad!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This is not a win for them. This problem is going to get worse.

Yep--most if not all franchises are in cities which for the most part are liberal or pretty damn progressive.  If those people decide to say f'k this, then owners and Roger are straight f'ed.    

Edited by Mdhorn

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

They don’t have to stand for the flag. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

So is this dude really Swam as some have apparently surmised? Because I don’t see it. Seems too different.  The trolling/dumbassery seems different somehow. 

i don't think it's swam. i think surly got blocked on the ship or something.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

i don't think it's swam. i think surly got blocked on the ship or something.

Yeah I don’t think its him either. This may be crazy to say, but I kind of miss old Swam. He gave me lots of laughs on the shag. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

If your’e making a distinction between the flag and the anthem then you are either trolling or being obtuse. Or are you making some sort of different point?

They can stay in the locker room and kneel if they’d like. They’re given a choice. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Chrispy said:

They can stay in the locker room and kneel if they’d like. They’re given a choice. 

You make excellent electronic points. I hereby award you 1000 internet points, to spend in whatever way you wish to do so. God speed. 

Just don’t associate with people who kneel for the flag. Because that type of behavior will warrant a flogging by the precept of sector 7. 

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

This is going to be a PR disaster for the NFL when there are teams whose players mostly remain in the locker room.

Or players from both teams kneel for offsetting penalties and more coverage of their protest. The rule is knee jerk and wasn't well thought out.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, at least Flake is speaking up and not running away and hiding like his GOP buddies.

The message is great but completely empty of substance. Corker and Graham stuck their heads up several months back, and we haven't heard two peeps from them since then. They all know to get in line, and they're all complicit in this.

Edited by retread