Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

42 minutes ago, Tom said:

I agree.  Obama did a great job turning the economy around.  I'm happy Trump hasn't ruined it yet, even though he's trying his hardest with these trade wars.  

Trump hysteria aside, I absolutely believe Obama deserves some credit. My statement was not necessarily an endorsement of Trump, even though I feel he deserves credit as well, as much as it was to bring some optimism to the board for a change. 

What credit does Trump deserve regarding the economy?  Best case you might attribute an 18% run in the stock market between inauguration and the end of 2017 to him.  Since then we're basically flat, and the market is more volatile than during the runup.

Other than that, he and his toadies are blowing up the deficit and making utterly stupid "business" decisions as a matter of course.  I mean, he has not proposed ONE fucking thing that isn't absolutely stupid.  Not one.  Tariffs, Mexico, whatever.  He's a fucking moron with less business sense than our chihuahua.  Wake the fuck up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

The Obama admin's actions to assist in recovering from the recession were weak as hell and he should be skewered for it.  

Trumpian economics dictate that you need to restrain deficit spending during a recession so you can increase after the economy has improved.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Labor participation rate fell to an all time low and wasn't Trump laser focused on that during the election?

Absolutely, although that seems to be a extremely difficult, multilayered problem.There seems to be a lack of consensus of what is causing the rates to fall unfortunately. But an unemployment rate this low is good news for everyone, even for the most cynical. 

5 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Absolutely, although that seems to be a extremely difficult, multilayered problem.There seems to be a lack of consensus of what is causing the rates to fall unfortunately. But an unemployment rate this low is good news for everyone, even for the most cynical. 

But that does not include, “ the millions who have simply quit looking for work”.  Good times, good times.

2 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Unemployment fell to 3.8%, very impressive. Some believe it could fall to 3% by the end of 2019, which would rival the levels of 1953 during the economic boom post World War II. Looks like some good times ahead gents, happy Friday.

I've heard it's as high as 40%. 

14 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Except it wasn't good news at all when Obama exited the Oval Office.  You know, because hypocrisy.  "HypoChrispy".

5 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The GOP used to care about small government and free trade but now it's "Look what they said on The View!"

When did the GOP last care about small government?  The 1960’s?

I was born in the 70’s and I never remember this being the case.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Except it wasn't good news at all when Obama exited the Oval Office.  You know, because hypocrisy.  "HypoChrispy".

I never denigrated Obama for the unemployment rate, in fact I just gave him credit. You’re constructing some narrative in your head that just isn’t there. Today’s report is good news, enjoy it. 

I don't know you from Hitler, unless you're a sock (some say Swam).  I have no idea what you said in Jan 2017.  It was a broad accusation punctuated by an insanely hilarious pun on your user name.  Laugh a little.  LOL!!! DO SOMETHING!!!

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't know you from Hitler, unless you're a sock (some say Swam).  I have no idea what you said in Jan 2017.  It was a broad accusation punctuated by an insanely hilarious pun on your user name.  Laugh a little.  LOL!!! DO SOMETHING!!!

I’ve had few people mention Swam to me, he seems to be infamous around these parts. Anyway, it’s all good my man. 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

What credit does Trump deserve regarding the economy?  Best case you might attribute an 18% run in the stock market between inauguration and the end of 2017 to him.  Since then we're basically flat, and the market is more volatile than during the runup.

Other than that, he and his toadies are blowing up the deficit and making utterly stupid "business" decisions as a matter of course.  I mean, he has not proposed ONE fucking thing that isn't absolutely stupid.  Not one.  Tariffs, Mexico, whatever.  He's a fucking moron with less business sense than our chihuahua.  Wake the fuck up.

Aside from the new president bump and a continuation of an already strong economy, there is the tax cut to consider. 

To make my point, consider this title to a research paper:

"The Effect of a 40% Corporate Tax Cut on Stock Price and the Present Value of Future Cash Flows."

how people fail to consider this straight up gift never ceases to amaze me.

Stock price does not equal economy, necessarily.

13 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Goddammit. Why the fuck does it have to be a california plate?

Got that sweet USMC frame for the plate, too. God, Trump, Marines!

How can you vote against that, ya pussy lib who hates America, throws urine on military men, bodily took the omnipotent God out of the classroom, and now spits on His Instrument: Saint Donald Trump of the Tower? This used to be a great country. Get out of the way of the man who would make us great again!

Torchlight parade at 7pm!

Idiocy Uber Alles!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

To be fair, Trump probably thinks he can just declare bankruptcy and get the deficit erased

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Hey look everyone!  We've legitimized North Korea!  Winning!

This is the most overlooked part.  Trump met with a psychopathic murderer and terrorist today in the White House and he wants to have more meetings with psychopathic terrorists because he needs a win.

And somehow this is a win in Trump’s America.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/06/01/politics/trump-north-korea-letter/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Wait, is it still amateur hour?  

How unpredictable that Kim would beg for US to come back to the table?!

If North Korea and Kim bend the knee i can't wait to hear here how Trump fucked up.  Better keep those responses in your back pocket. 

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

What are they even meeting about?

He wouldn't meet with Trudeau over tariffs but he'll fly to Singapore to meet with NK?

Is there a Trump property in Singapore?

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/06/01/politics/trump-north-korea-letter/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Wait, is it still amateur hour?  

How unpredictable that Kim would beg for US to come back to the table?!

If North Korea and Kim bend the knee i can't wait to hear here how Trump fucked up.  Better keep those responses in your back pocket. 

I'd be interested to read what you think are the gains for the US in this process so far. Please list them.

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

How does Jim Sciutto know any real details about discussions?  Of course nothing has been promised yet, but I'm guessing the tone and parameters have been outlined well enough to think that some positives will come.  How Jim Sciutto can be so sure that this is all a waste of time?

The answer:  he can't possibly and he's talking out of his ass. 

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

How does Jim Sciutto know any real details about discussions?  Of course nothing has been promised yet, but I'm guessing the tone and parameters have been outlined well enough to think that some positives will come.  How Jim Sciutto can be so sure that this is all a waste of time?

The answer:  he can't possibly and he's talking out of his ass. 

what are leaks

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump is bending the knee here, we are crawling to their table.

North Korea has already won.

Okie dokie.  As far as I know, sanctions remain in place with China's backing secured by Trump.  North Korea isn't winning anything.  Thus they wanna talk.  

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'd be interested to read what you think are the gains for the US in this process so far. Please list them.

I don't know the specific gains or progress made thus far, but there has to be something there if we are bothering.  For now, I'll take recent improved relations between North and South Korea as a sign.