Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I hate to say this but Obama does need to take some responsibility for the political climate that gave us Trump.  America obviously had a serious problem that was being neglected by the Obama administration.  

“That Dumbass Shit I Just Saw on Surly.”

Edited by BrickHorn

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Here’s a nightmare for the Trumpkins.

I hope that happens. Get Hillary and Zuck in the same place and I can REALLY start rooting for the meteor. 

Edited by Pods

Who do you believe was better in your lifetime?

according to me:

Presidents as Head of State since 1973, ranked:

Obama

Reagan

Bush I

Bush II

Ford

Carter

Clinton

Nixon

Trump

Presidents as Head of Government since 1973, ranked:

Bush I

Clinton

Nixon

Obama

Reagan

Ford

Carter

Trump

Bush II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

She's no more qualified to run a tech company than Donald Trump is to be president. 

Well, to be fair, you don't have to be qualified for a dream job. My dream job is to play center field and bat cleanup for the Astros and I am definitely not qualified.

Regarding Trump, yeah that kind of shit isn't supposed to happen.

Bernie would have won. Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania decided the election. Bernie would have won all three.

Michigan dem primary was the canary in the coal mine. 

Name one state Hillary won that Bernie wouldn’t have. 

The dems gave us trump just as much as Russia did. Fuck them all. 

Edited by JimmyJames

I like some of Bernie’s ideas. I like his passion and I think he’s a good person but I wouldn’t feel comfortable with him as president.  Obviously he’s preferable to Trump but he’s an insurgent divisive candidate too.  That’s a red flag for me, as a moderate.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I like some of Bernie’s ideas. I like his passion and I think he’s a good person but I wouldn’t feel comfortable with him as president.  Obviously he’s preferable to Trump but he’s an insurgent divisive candidate too.  That’s a red flag for me, as a moderate.

The “preferable to Trump” thing is all that matters to me. I don’t give a shit about his politics, policies or whatever if he’s gonna be the president instead of trump. This coming from a guy who voted for GWB twice. 

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I hate to say this but Obama does need to take some responsibility for the political climate that gave us Trump.  America obviously had a serious problem that was being neglected by the Obama administration.  

You mean the "nigger in the white house" problem? 

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The “preferable to Trump” thing is all that matters to me. I don’t give a shit about his politics, policies or whatever if he’s gonna be the president instead of trump. This coming from a guy who voted for GWB twice. 

My concern with Bernie as president is he would turn the Democratic Party into the party of Bernie the way Trump has subverted the Republican Party.  We’d have more polarization among the parties with Bernieism.

The fact that Bernie gets to pick and choose when he wants to be a democrat also bothers me.

18 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Bernie would have won. Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania decided the election. Bernie would have won all three.

Michigan dem primary was the canary in the coal mine. 

Name one state Hillary won that Bernie wouldn’t have. 

The dems gave us trump just as much as Russia did. Fuck them all. 

Imagine the Trump/FB/CA/RUS playbook lying in wait had Bernie won the nomination.  It wasn't unleashed because the decision tree tracked a different branch.  Turnout most likely would have taken a dive by comparison.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

My concern with Bernie as president is he would turn the Democratic Party into the party of Bernie the way Trump has subverted the Republican Party.  We’d have more polarization among the parties with Bernieism.

The fact that Bernie gets to pick and choose when he wants to be a democrat also bothers me.

Maybe so but at least it wouldn’t be a criminal crime family. I don’t agree with all of or probably even most of Bernie’s policies but he’s not a fucking criminal dead set on ruining the country like our current POTUS. 

So fuck “concerns” about Bernie. I’ll take a Bernie with shitty policies over a criminal USA destructor any fucking day.

I would hope you would also. I realize you probably like Hillary over Bernie but she fucking lost and which I predicted at least was possible (my hope and heart overrode my head) and we are where we are because of that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Trump actually referred to the military in today speech as “war fighters”. Pretty comical from President Bone Spurs, and a little frightening that he has no qualms in sending them off to war.

he also repeated the same fucking lie that they haven't had a raise in 10 years, even though they've had one for 8 years straight. 

He's a lying piece of shit.  Even Armytimes has called him out on his fucking lie. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Maybe so but at least it wouldn’t be a criminal crime family. I don’t agree with all of or probably even most of Bernie’s policies but he’s not a fucking criminal dead set on ruining the country like our current POTUS. 

So fuck “concerns” about Bernie. I’ll take a Bernie with shitty policies over a criminal USA destructor any fucking day.

I would hope you would also. I realize you probably like Hillary over Bernie but she fucking lost and which I predicted at least was possible (my hope and heart overrode my head) and we are where we are because of that. 

I’m talking about 2020.

And yes, Bernie is going to run again, unfortunately.

However, I’d vote for Bernie over Trump in a heartbeat 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

13 minutes ago, Whitman said:

I don't think Bernie would have carried Virginia.

Trump wasn’t winning Virginia. Hillary won it easily by five percent points. I don’t know what you base this statement on. 

Edited by JimmyJames

It does not matter since the Trump presidency is the best thing to happen to the Democrqtic party in decades.

With Texas, Arizona and Georgia with firm democratic majorities by 2028 I expect the Rebublicans won't have another president for at least 16 years, possibly a lot longer.

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The real question is who would have Russia supported more in the general election, Bernie or Trump? 

I’d hypothesize they would have worked both sides zealous and not given much a fuck who won.

Hmm. Well this is straight up bullshit. They’ll wanted Trump to win because they thought he was their guy. They only supports Bernie because it supported their anti Hillary agenda. 

Unless you think they were thinking long term and had some other plan in mind, but that’s not really their style. 

So I guess my question is what do you think they’re planning?

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The real question is who would have Russia supported more in the general election, Bernie or Trump? 

I’d hypothesize they would have worked both sides zealously and not given much a fuck who won.

Bernie would have been savaged by the FB/CA/RUS digital operation.  The difference between Bernie and Hillary is that Bernie received a $10M mystery campaign contribution that may have originated in rubles.  He served a purpose (enemy of my enemy is my friend) and very well could have played a truly corrupt role. That piece of this story isn't on the MSM radar right now and won't get told until more of the money trail becomes public.

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Hmm. Well this is straight up bullshit. They’ll wanted Trump to win because they thought he was their guy. They only supports Bernie because it supported their anti Hillary agenda. 

Unless you think they were thinking long term and had some other plan in mind, but that’s not really their style. 

So I guess my question is what do you think they’re planning?

The Russians’ goal is to tear America apart from within, their “plan” hasn’t changed since the Cold War.  

Trump may have presented some short term objective opportunities but Bernie would have been a sweet gift too, especially with a Republican Congress.

They want as much disfunction and polarization in America as possible.  And let’s not pretend Bernie was a Russia hardliner, far from it.

To be honest, Trump winning the election kinda screwed Putin’s whole operation up because it put direct sunlight on his subversive activities and may end up unifying the American population against Russia. This is Putin’s worst nightmare.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Russians’ goal is to tear America apart from within, they’re plan hasn’t changed since the the Cold War.  

Trump may have presented some short term objective opportunities but Bernie would have been a sweet gift too, especially with a Republican Congress.

They want as much disfunction and polarization in American as possible.  And let’s not pretend Bernie was a Russia hardliner, far from it.

The Russians still covertly support the NRA and Black Lives Matter to this day.  

To be honest, Trump winning the election kinda screwed Putin’s whole operation up because it put direct sunlight on his entire operation and may end up unifying the American population against Russia. This is Putin’s worst nightmare.

Good points. 

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Russians’ goal is to tear America apart from within, their “plan” hasn’t changed since the Cold War.  

They want as much disfunction and polarization in America as possible.  And let’s not pretend Bernie was a Russia hardliner, far from it.

To be honest, Trump winning the election kinda screwed Putin’s whole operation up because it put direct sunlight on his subversive activities and may end up unifying the American population against Russia. This is Putin’s worst nightmare.

Not if the GOP wins in 2018 and 2020. If that happens, none of this matters. That has a decent chance of happening. 

I'm surprised Putin rolled the dice, but I think he thought Hill would win and the repercussions would be modest compared to the situation anyway. Instead, Trump won and ignited a full scale investigation by firing Comey. I think Putin would rather neither of those things happened, but they did and he's a realist. An Adam Schiff chaired House Intel Committee is a nightmare for Trump and Putin. They'll both be all in to stop that from happening. 

Edited by Pods

The Russians’ goal is to tear America apart from within, they’re plan hasn’t changed since the the Cold War.  Yes, but Trump is an operational asset.  Order of magnitude increase in destruction.

Trump may have presented some short term objective opportunities but Bernie would have been a sweet gift too, especially with a Republican Congress.  See above.

They want as much disfunction and polarization in American as possible.  And let’s not pretend Bernie was a Russia hardliner, far from it.  True, but national sentiment for Russia under Bernie would be nowhere the same as it is now.  Hard to predict exactly, but the relevance would be less due to Bernie not being an active asset.

The Russians still covertly support the NRA and Black Lives Matter to this day.  Not really having anything to do with Bernie, but it's still a useful wedge, or was.

To be honest, Trump winning the election kinda screwed Putin’s whole operation up because it put direct sunlight on his entire operation and may end up unifying the American population against Russia. This is Putin’s worst nightmare.  Hindsight is 20/20.  Compared to Bernie, Trump winning was a Putin orgasm fixed on loop, until it wasn't.  Shit happened after the election (dossier published, Sessions recused, more Comey FBI Russia investigation revelations, Mueller appointed). 

And now the real shit is just getting warmed up.  Bernie was never on the same plain as Trump on Putin's game board.

• Like 1

Putin's preference would be Trump>>>>>>>Bernie>>>>>>>Hillary

All would have massively divisive as President, but Trump is the worst option by an enormous margin and Hillary had a hard-on for going after Putin. 

Edited by Pods

6 minutes ago, Pods said:

Not if the GOP wins in 2018 and 2020. If that happens, none of this matters. That has a decent chance of happening. 

Well, yeah.  But I’m betting on America.  We shouldn’t expect a blue wave because that inspires complacency.

The free press has to get this right too because their survival is also at stake.  

I don’t think Putin cares as much about the midterms as you do. He wants as much chaos as possible and he doesn’t give a fuck about Trump.  A democratic house equals serious chaos for Trump but what does Putin have to lose from that? Not much from what I can see.  

In fact, Putin would probably enjoy watching the United States put their own President on trial for the world to see.

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t know exactly.  

I do know there was a very angry out of touch element of the population that was galvanized by Trumpism.  

I’m not sure Obama could have stopped that train.

Obama didn't have the power to shut down Fox News or the Benghazi Investigation. He could not stop it.

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

He definitely is being helped by recency bias and because he was sandwiched between W and Trump.  Yes, the economy didn’t completely melt down on his watch, he didn’t get us in the biggest military quagmire since Vietnam for nothing, and he’s not an embarrassing, deranged, manchild idiot who is openly corrupt.  But that’s a really low bar.

Uh . . . the economy (and especially the stock market) was in the shitter when he came on board.  Look at it now.  He nominated a solid candidate for SCOTUS and got stonewalled.  He may not have been the greatest commander in chief, but he got some things done, and can definitely be criticized for a few things there, too.

He eclipsed your "low bar" by a fucking mile.

29 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

Obama didn't have the power to shut down Fox News or the Benghazi Investigation. He could not stop it.

He had the power to do exactly what Trump is doing now with regards to CNN and the Russia Investigation.

He just didn’t go there because he’s better than that.  Perhaps he shouldn’t have been.  Maybe he should have called out the bullshit more often.

Obama never pushed the envelope like Trump.  He was too concerned with respecting the norms and not flirting with the lines.  In other words, he was too soft and that’s part of the reason Trump was so appealing.  Trump doesn’t give a fuck and people respect that, sadly.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz