Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

6 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

The booming economy isnt a dream, although I bet you wish it was

That is a stupid thing to say. Of course I hope the economic growth continues.

On the other hand I don't expect it to for very much longer.

Just now, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Whatever you gotta say to rationalize away the man's success, amirite? 

No, it takes about 18 months for an economic policy to show results.  Trump's first big economic policy decision was the tax cuts which was in January... we've got at least a year to see what happens.  

My gut, based on a 20+ year career in finance, says it ain't gonna be pretty, so enjoy the good times while you can.

9 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

That sounds pretty close minded, you tell that to all the illegals too?

Cute deflection. You’re on a message board defending a bigot and white supremacist sympathizer, and I’m making fun of you for it. It’s pretty clear which of us is more likely to subscribe to English fluency as a prerequisite for living in America.

Have you finished setting up Aaron Schlossberg’s GoFundMe? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

No, it takes about 18 months for an economic policy to show results.  Trump's first big economic policy decision was the tax cuts which was in January... we've got at least a year to see what happens.  

My gut, based on a 20+ year career in finance, says it ain't gonna be pretty, so enjoy the good times while you can.

Ah yes, so this was all Obama's success. Seek help

13 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Cute deflection. You’re on a message board defending a bigot and white supremacist sympathizer, and I’m making fun of you for it. It’s pretty clear which of us is more likely to subscribe to English fluency as a prerequisite for living in America.

Have you finished setting up Aaron Schlossberg’s GoFundMe? 

Deflection from what? All you did was attack my english in the last post. Sure I made a mistake, I could literally not give a single fuck. People who attack grammar dont have real arguments. Honestly not even convinced it should be "were" instead of "was"

Edited by Vince_McCoy_Williams

Wait.  Trumps lawyers have been lying on tv about him dictating the Don Jr. letter?   Who would have seen that coming.  I imagine tomorrow they’re only defense will be that someone should go to jail for leaking it.  Of course the most obvious leak is from his lawyers. 

It's an old fucking trend. Republicans drive the economy off the cliff and then Dems come in and patch it back together. Happened in '29. Carter inherited a mess in '76. Obama inherited a flaming turd in '08. And as soon as shit gets even a little bit better, the "pubs come in and fuck it all up again, and then years later, claim credit for fixing what they were responsible for in the first place. But you can only put a car back together so many times before it ends up on the scrap heap. 

Notable exceptions: Eisenhower and TR. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Well now your love of the Dotard makes sense.  

Im actually not pro tarriffs (thanks for asking and not asuuming LOL), I am pro free market. I agree with Reagan. However, Trump's economy is doing quite well and I am willing to wait and see what ends up happening here. 

I find it HILARIOUS the Dems have been parading around the great Ronald Reagan, like yall dont hate him, just because he provided a convenient quote. 

Just now, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:
3 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:
Ouch burn, because you said it, it must be true! 

You said it with no assist from anyone

Oh I said it because Brisket is the biggest liar on this board. Okay, maybe he isnt as bad as Hugo. But he goes around saying he is a Republican, when he literally circle jerks Dems on the daily and 90% of his views align with Dem party talking points and directives. It is completely ridiculous. 

Just now, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Because he has a track record, like Trump.

You know people can start as one party and switch over time right? Brisket's track record is comical. Any Republican policies he may have been for, he is not for anymore. All you would find is a gold mine of contradictions and backtracking if he was ever actually a Repub to begin with.  

9 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Im actually not pro tarriffs (thanks for asking and not asuuming LOL), I am pro free market. I agree with Reagan. However, Trump's economy is doing quite well and I am willing to wait and see what ends up happening here. 

I find it HILARIOUS the Dems have been parading around the great Ronald Reagan, like yall dont hate him, just because he provided a convenient quote. 

I find it hilarious that you think anyone who is anti trump is not a republican .  Reagan policy wise is anti trump on trade, Russia, gun control, immigration.....  is he not a republican?   Maybe it’s time to realize trump isn’t a republican, he stands for nothing but Trump, like he has his entire life.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

You know people can start as one party and switch over time right? Brisket's track record is comical. Any Republican policies he may have been for, he is not for anymore. All you would find is a gold mine of contradictions and backtracking if he was ever actually a Repub to begin with.  

You were never a member of this party! 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Ah yes, so this was all Obama's success. Seek help

Well, if this is the "Trump" economy, it will be easy for you to prove...kindly show us the inflection point.

I'll hang up and listen.

Edited by DixonHur

7 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It's an old fucking trend. Republicans drive the economy off the cliff and then Dems come in and patch it back together. Happened in '29. Carter inherited a mess in '76. Obama inherited a flaming turd in '08. And as soon as shit gets even a little bit better, the "pubs come in and fuck it all up again, and then years later, claim credit for fixing what they were responsible for in the first place. But you can only put a car back together so many times before it ends up on the scrap heap. 

Notable exceptions: Eisenhower and TR. 

And Bush 41

7 hours ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Brisket is for exactly the same things he was for 15 years ago, with the spare exception of tax stimulus during economic expansions. I know this, because he argued with me about the 2003 cut paying for itself back on Hornfans, and it turned out he a wrong. Presumably he learned his lesson.
Of course, he would have never had to learn it if he had stayed on the traditional Republican line like McCain did, and realized that tax cuts aren't magic beans and deficit-funded stimulus during expansion is just a wealth transfer from the future. The GOP didn't support debt structural debt expansions traditionally, they do now, but for decades that was a core principle. Of course, they still pretend it isn't, but debt expansion is built into the GOP policy program now.

But that's the point, right? Core principles stayed put and the GOP deviated from them for expediency, and at the time Tahoe and Brisket and GoLL and @washparkhorn supported the deviation and said "we'll have to wait and see." .  Of course, the 2001 and 2003 stimuli were unnecessary and ultimately damaging as many said they would be. We waited and now we see. Tahoe keeps bringing those donuts, but Brisket and Ghost learned the lesson. 

And now you're during it, by your own admission, on tariffs. And so is the GOP, even while so many make mouth noises about free trade.  So my question is whether you were ever a Republican in the first place, or if all you support is mining contradictions. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 9

The simple truth here is that Trump's policies are in no way "Republican" in any historical sense of the word, but simpletons like V_Mc_W see the "(R)" next to "Trump" at the voting manipu booth and think that's the story.

Brisket, like many big contributors around here, has his WTF moments, but he is for the most part true to himself and his core beliefs.

Wait.  Trumps lawyers have been lying on tv about him dictating the Don Jr. letter?   Who would have seen that coming.  I imagine tomorrow they’re only defense will be that someone should go to jail for leaking it.  Of course the most obvious leak is from his lawyers. 

Yep. While that’s not surprising, I did find the “by now you have the documents and testimonies...” (paraphrasing) prior to admitting this. They know Mueller knows it. People are talking.