Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

The reason we MUST remove Trump is because Fox News and RT are fucking running this country. This is not a democracy. This is a country ruled by propaganda. 

We've got to remove him and safeguard our elections. Hillary was right -- democracy itself (world wide) is at stake here.

Bannon is overseas stirring up white nationalism everywhere. Refugees are probably being thrashed about on purpose for a destabilizing effect.

Our military and our FBI is under attack by Trump and a deferential GOP.

This shit is no joke .

17 hours ago, G650 said:

I'd really like someone to spell out how Beto fucking O'Rouke is a wacko extremist. 

16 hours ago, slorch said:

On this board, it's absolutely a fool's errand.

8 hours ago, slorch said:

I know,  never give up on your narrative... and don't quit until someone just totally complies...  It's not enough to change my vote.

That is why people don't like dealing with you motherfuckers on the left, and having a  political conversation on this fucking board always turns to this shit.  Always.

Go fuck yourself.

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

LOL at slorch dropping the “extremist” label for Beto and then only responding with “you libs just wouldn’t understand” when asked to defend it.

2 hours ago, G650 said:

I know this has been beaten to death, but most of the people you are arguing with here aren't the fucking left. But I'm sure this will continued to be ignored. 

When you're at the poker table, and you wonder who the sucker is...

52 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

This is an example of why I can't let myself get too emotionally involved in US politics and policy. My guess is that this man, McGurk, can't stomach trying to look supportive of a treacherous change in policy as he faces our allies.

I can only imagine the gut punch of having your whole foundation ripped away in a tweet from a bumbling twit. Immediate pullout likely means we betray people who have bled with us (more than us in Syria).

We are shit. Trumps foreign policy whimsy is too often what our war policy has been since WWII. Show up. Side with somebody. Get a lot of people killed. Then leave our allies to the dogs.

Trump didn't invent this. He has refined the callous idiocy to a fine point that stabs anything we touch.

We're not the leader of the free world. We're not an example of anything worthwhile. We're a banana republic. Maybe a junta will save us. 

Just great.

Edited by RomaVicta
article anarchy
  • Like 4

AcademicFlamboyantAdmiralbutterfly-size_restricted.gif
a government project is expensive because the government adds a tax to the raw materials?

You, a US manufacturer, sell a product at razor thin margins for $22. Your Chinese competitor was selling it for $20, but thanks to the tariff, a domestic consumer must now pay $25 for that Chinese version. Fantastic! Domestic consumers will certainly going to buy yours now, right? Increased demand. So, what are you going to price it at? $25? $24.99? You’re sure as fuck not selling at $22 to the govt unless you’re a commie. You’re not a commie, are you?
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This is an example of why I can't let myself get too emotionally involved in US politics and policy. My guess is that this man, McGurk, can't stomach trying to look supportive of a treacherous change in policy as he faces our allies.

I can only imagine the gut punch of having your whole foundation ripped away in a tweet from a bumbling twit. Immediate pullout likely means we betray people who have bled with us (more than us in Syria).

We are shit. Trumps foreign policy whimsy is too often what our war policy has been since WWII. Show up. Side with somebody. Get a lot of people killed. Then leave our allies to the dogs.

Trump didn't invent this. He has refined the callous idiocy to a fine point that stabs anything we touch.

We're not the leader of the free world. We're not an example of anything worthwhile. We're a banana republic. Maybe a junta will save us. 

Just great.

This is a passive aggressive quit coup.

15 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

We're not the leader of the free world. We're not an example of anything worthwhile. We're a banana republic.

I still think there’s hope.  Just two years ago Barack Obama was the President. We weren’t a banana republic then.  I think most of our allies see what’s going on with clear eyes.  They know we got pranked into Trump (who didn’t even get the most votes).  

They’re going to ride it out for one term just like the rest of us.  Everybody makes mistakes, especially the United States.  However, it’s always been how we respond and learn from those mistakes that really define us. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lurch said:

You, a US manufacturer, sell a product at razor thin margins for $22. Your Chinese competitor was selling it for $20, but thanks to the tariff, a domestic consumer must now pay $25 for that Chinese version. Fantastic! Domestic consumers will certainly going to buy yours now, right? Increased demand. So, what are you going to price it at? $25? $24.99? You’re sure as fuck not selling at $22 to the govt unless you’re a commie. You’re not a commie, are you?

I guess. If he elected to build with Chinese steel, it would cost exactly as it always would because the “increase” is the tariff... which would pay for the increase.  Surely both parties are smart enough to see this when the bid gets put together.  

Edited by SuingToGetAMessageBoard?

I still think there’s hope.  Just two years ago Barack Obama was the President. We weren’t a banana republic then.  I think most of our allies see what’s going on with clear eyes.  They know we got pranked into Trump (who didn’t even get the most votes).  
They’re going to ride it out for one term just like the rest of us.  Everybody makes mistakes, especially the United States.  However, it’s always been how we respond and learn from those mistakes that really defines us. 

Even post-Trump they’ll rightly see this as a new risk in dealing with us. They may have a stable, dependable leader across the desk from them today, but what will stop the Americans from electing a stuntman from Jackass in four years that will undermine everything they’re planning?
  • Like 2

And all this attention to this fucking wall is concealing what is happening to us militarily. Apropos of Putin, MSB, Turkey, ISIS etc...

People are gonna die because of Trump's narcissistic stunts. Same way his nationalistic clap trap immediately led to a mass murder in Pittsburgh. He simply does not care about other humans. 

He does not care that a little girl dies in custody, or that gutting Obamacare and food stamps will wreak havoc on the poor, or that his tariffs are bankrupting farmers, or that global warming will kill people world wide, or that the California fires will/did, or that poison water will cause cancer etc etc 

This is a disgraceful presidency. He is unfit. Dangerous. Reckless. Fucking evil.

Get his ass out of office before we're fucking Ukraine.

• Like 2

I guess. If he elected to build with Chinese steel, it would cost exactly as it always would become the “increase” is the tariff... which would pay for the increase.  Surely both parties are smart enough to see this when the bid gets put together.  

Have at it. I’m gong to sell at $24 to other buyers while you explain to your voters why you’re buying Chinese steel at a discount while they’re taxed for doing so.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They’re going to ride it out for one term just like the rest of us.  Everybody makes mistakes, especially the United States.  However, it always been how we respond and learn from those mistakes that really defines us. 

We had a banana republic look with W calling his brother in Florida and other questionable election results after that. I believe W stole the re-election by altering the Ohio vote through the Diebold voting machines. It happened in lower races, too.

We have districts gerrymandered so that the majority of Americans are not represented as intended by the Founding Fathers.

We have politics of personality cult and vilification of real people (those dangerous transexuals! your nigras is gettin' a little uppity!) and vilification of a bogey man called the liberal.

The GOPs were setting up party domination by these means. What does that tell you?

Little did they know that they were setting the stage for a real banana republic tin god like D. Trump. The GOPs got owned by their own out of control hate engine. Now the tin god is trying to go full autocrat.

That's some real Caudillo shit there, mi amigo.

We may rebound. We may not. We're a long way from where we thought we were.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They’re going to ride it out for one term just like the rest of us.  Everybody makes mistakes, especially the United States.  However, it’s always been how we respond and learn from those mistakes that really define us. 

Shouting down Republicans are part of this. They must be made to understand this is not right vs left anymore. This is a referendum on whether or not America is still America.

Make America Great Again is a scam! A scam cooked up by laughing Russians .

4 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Even post-Trump they’ll rightly see this as a new risk in dealing with us. They may have a stable, dependable leader across the desk from them today, but what will stop the Americans from electing a stuntman from Jackass in four years that will undermine everything they’re planning?

lurch is right.  the problem isn't trump, it's the mess rupert murdoch has made.  unless we clean house there nobody can trust us to do anything anymore.

See also gun control.  It's "extremist" to suggest that semiautomatic rifles with flash suppression and extended magazines shouldn't be available to the mentally ill.  Now compare to the rest of the modern world. 

You have to understand everything is extremist if Fox says so. If tomorrow they said balanced budgets were extremists agendas they would hop on board. If the next day they said deficits were extremists- they would pivot on a dime. Slorch hated the deficits during the Obama administration and voted for Trump. He isn’t alone.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

You have to understand everything is extremist if Fox says so.

Right on the money. 

Too many people are not making their own determinations about such things. 

They ironically follow the lead of "We report, you decide."

We report, you ignite.

4 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Oh, there’s irreparable damage in the short term and it will get worse before it gets better but it will eventually get better.  How we manage the bad will determine how long it will take.  

Perhaps the best days of United States as a global leader are in the past but that won’t stop us from trying to reclaim what has been lost.  It’s going to take a long time regardless.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Oh, there’s irreparable damage in the short term and it will get worse before it gets better but it will eventually get better.  How we manage the bad will determine how long it will take.  

Perhaps the best days of United States as a global leader are in the past but that won’t stop us from trying to reclaim what has been lost.  It’s going to take a long time regardless.

agree.

You have to understand everything is extremist if Fox says so.

Standard FoxNews approach:

“Today in the news, one of the 13 city council members at Berkeley has indicated he wants to ban plastic knives in the courthouse cafeteria for safety reasons.”

Vapid commentator: “that goes to show you how the Democrats are extremists on gun control.”
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1