Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

32 minutes ago, bolverk said:

No time for a transition because he's dumb and had another temper tantrum.

Trump, Angry Over Mattis’s Rebuke, Removes Him 2 Months Early

WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Sunday that he would remove Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, who issued a stinging rebuke of the president when he announced his resignation last week, from his post by Jan. 1, two months before he had planned to depart.

Mr. Trump, in a Twitter post, said that Patrick M. Shanahan, Mr. Mattis’s deputy, would serve as the acting defense secretary.

Aides said that the president was furious that Mr. Mattis’s resignation letter — in which he rebuked the president’s rejection of international allies and his failure to check authoritarian governments — had led to days of negative news coverage. Mr. Mattis resigned in large part over Mr. Trump’s hasty decision to withdraw American forces from Syria.

When Mr. Trump first announced that Mr. Mattis was leaving, effective Feb. 28, he praised the defense secretary on Twitter, saying he was retiring “with distinction.” One aide said that although Mr. Trump had already seen the resignation letter when he praised Mr. Mattis, the president did not understand just how forceful a rejection of his strategy Mr. Mattis had issued.

The president has grown increasingly angry as the days have passed, the aide said. On Saturday, Mr. Trump posted a tweet that took a jab at Mr. Mattis, saying that “when President Obama ingloriously fired Jim Mattis, I gave him a second chance. Some thought I shouldn’t, I thought I should.”

Mr. Mattis, a retired four-star general, led the United States Central Command, which oversees military operations in the Middle East and Southwest Asia, from 2010 to 2013. His tour there was cut short by the Obama administration, which believed he was too hawkish on Iran.

Mr. Shanahan, who, like Mr. Mattis, is from Washington State, is a former Boeing executive. Aides say that Mr. Trump likes him in part because he often tells the president that he is correct to complain about the expense of defense systems.

Best resignation letter ever when your boss is too fucking stupid to understand it.

577178B3-FF35-4CE1-9B3A-A591657164C4_zps

• Like 4

It took trump this long to figure out Mattis had insulted him so he’s gonna punish Mattis and all the rest of us for that. His ignorance in not recognizing the insult, ego and malice in correcting that perceived wrong, are all on complete display here. 

His narcissism is so great that if congress doesn’t do something soon trump is going to try to destroy the world rather than allow it to destroy him.

He is that mentally ill. Too many people in denial. Except some of his evangelical supporters, who actually want that to happen. 

• Like 5

I mean at this point putin and the Russians might want to think about trying to hit the pause button. It won’t be much fun being a corrupt billionaire ruling the roost if the world you rule has been destroyed. Be careful sometimes what you ask for. Putin ain’t big on strategy it appears. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I mean at this point putin and the Russians might want to think about trying to hit the pause button. It won’t be much fun being a corrupt billionaire ruling the roost if the world you rule has been destroyed. Be careful sometimes what you ask for. Putin ain’t big on strategy it appears. 

Yep.  They are all tactics and no strategy.  That’s why they’re so dangerous because unintended consequences aren’t really factored into their calculations.  They are operating from a position of weakness, the strategy is to create chaos and capitalize when the opportunities present themselves. 

When you have little to nothing to lose, swinging for the fences has the best risk/reward payoff.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bolverk said:

No time for a transition because he's dumb and had another temper tantrum.

Trump, Angry Over Mattis’s Rebuke, Removes Him 2 Months Early

WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Sunday that he would remove Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, who issued a stinging rebuke of the president when he announced his resignation last week, from his post by Jan. 1, two months before he had planned to depart.

Mr. Trump, in a Twitter post, said that Patrick M. Shanahan, Mr. Mattis’s deputy, would serve as the acting defense secretary.

Aides said that the president was furious that Mr. Mattis’s resignation letter — in which he rebuked the president’s rejection of international allies and his failure to check authoritarian governments — had led to days of negative news coverage. Mr. Mattis resigned in large part over Mr. Trump’s hasty decision to withdraw American forces from Syria.

When Mr. Trump first announced that Mr. Mattis was leaving, effective Feb. 28, he praised the defense secretary on Twitter, saying he was retiring “with distinction.” One aide said that although Mr. Trump had already seen the resignation letter when he praised Mr. Mattis, the president did not understand just how forceful a rejection of his strategy Mr. Mattis had issued.

The president has grown increasingly angry as the days have passed, the aide said. On Saturday, Mr. Trump posted a tweet that took a jab at Mr. Mattis, saying that “when President Obama ingloriously fired Jim Mattis, I gave him a second chance. Some thought I shouldn’t, I thought I should.”

Mr. Mattis, a retired four-star general, led the United States Central Command, which oversees military operations in the Middle East and Southwest Asia, from 2010 to 2013. His tour there was cut short by the Obama administration, which believed he was too hawkish on Iran.

Mr. Shanahan, who, like Mr. Mattis, is from Washington State, is a former Boeing executive. Aides say that Mr. Trump likes him in part because he often tells the president that he is correct to complain about the expense of defense systems.

When I read this, against better judgement, I thought there's no way he read that and didn't understand how stinging of a rebuke that declaration of exasperation really was.  Then I heard these lyrics in Snoop Dogg's voice:  "And that's realer than Real Deal Holyfield!"

• Like 2

He is going full reality show dramarama with United States Pentagon generals, the United States government, all our allies, US billionaires and the FBI etc.

When JFK was killed half the world wanted him dead. The joke was "who killed JFK?" .. "We all did".

Anywho ... Trump should be very nice to his secret service. Very nice. Buy them Christmas gifts alot better than isotoner gloves. 

That man is gonna be isolated by everyone someday. Not a friend in the world. And then, Scarface ending.

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yep.  They are all tactics and no strategy.  That’s why they’re so dangerous because unintended consequences aren’t really factored into their calculations.  They are operating from a position of weakness, the strategy is to create chaos and capitalize when the opportunities present themselves. 

When you have little to nothing to lose, swinging for the fences has the best risk/reward payoff.

They may not have quite as much to lose as America but with trump at the helm steering the ship they’ve got plenty to lose themselves. We all do. 

Edited by JimmyJames

If you're China and/or Russia, do you at least give a minute's thought to taking a shot at the current champ? You come at the king, you best not miss. But I have trouble seeing us reacting well to any sort of emergency. If you have malware in our utilities, why not flip the switch and see what happens. If we start to collapse, then fire at will.

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

They may not have quite as much to lose as America but with trump at the helm steering the ship they’ve got plenty to lose themselves. We all do. 

The Russians will put one of their own eyes out if it means the United States goes blind. 

It’s just the way they are.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

I get this but I'm less dramatic than I once was as goth Brisket painting black circles over his eyes and lighting votive candles and lip syncing to 'Sisters of Mercy.'  As the reality layers of Trump's onion continue to peel away I'm more and more convinced that this slapdick doofus ain't going out with a bang.  He's going out with wet flatulence.  But I also know I could be really, really wrong about that.  Therein lies the fun:  It'll either be hilarious or a fiery apocalypse.  Probably not hilarious at all to the Kurds.  But once you get over the genocide there'll be some real knee-slapping comedy in there.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Of course trump is afraid to talk to anyone that he is forcing out (early.)   We are not even sure when the last time he spoke with Gen. Kelly.

It's hard to keep track of all of them, but not once has he faced the person he's firing. Fired Comey with 3,000 miles between them (was that by tweet?). Kelly fired Tillerson while he was on the shitter.

Edited by retread

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Too bad all his lies can't generate some of kind of utilitarian energy that could be harnessed for anything other than Dotards pockets.  We could lead in something and the US would benefit from somehow from this presidency.  Instead, it's going to all lead to a big crater or a bunch of smaller ones.  

16 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

To be fair, Obama once said you could keep your doctor, so...both sides

Jesus,  for the 1000th time the ACA never stopped a doctor from retaining a patient.  If a doctor didn’t want to accept a marketplace plan that was his/her decision.  Obama couldn’t force a doctor to accept an insurance plan. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

It took trump this long to figure out Mattis had insulted him so he’s gonna punish Mattis and all the rest of us for that. His ignorance in not recognizing the insult, ego and malice in correcting that perceived wrong, are all on complete display here. 
His narcissism is so great that if congress doesn’t do something soon trump is going to try to destroy the world rather than allow it to destroy him.
He is that mentally ill. Too many people in denial. Except some of his evangelical supporters, who actually want that to happen. 

We all gonna die, and right soon.
Do you think he’ll accept power slipping from his grasp? He can’t, and won’t. He’ll have only one path left - to show us all his ultimate power. The only question is: WHO does he nuke?
You think I’m kidding. I’m not. When a narcissist has his ego and vainglorious self-image challenged, the inevitable play is “I’ll show them.” When that man has no long-term vision or strategy...yes, that’s exactly what happens.
The GOP can stop the man who will end the world. But they won’t. Because owning the libs.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jesus,  for the 1000th time the ACA never stopped a doctor from retaining a patient.  If a doctor didn’t want to accept a marketplace plan that was his/her decision.  Obama couldn’t force a doctor to accept an insurance plan. 

Just now, Lurch said:

That’s the joke.gif

Lurch got it, but I get that the past 2 years have made dry humor harder to grasp.