Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

33 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

McCain was being dramatic and grandstanding . . . because that's what he did . . . but he was right.  

In all fairness at the time he had a brain tumor creating pressure against his prefrontal cortex and perhaps his amygdala. Although I agree that a lack of clarity of purpose and aggressiveness in foreign policy was a long standing pre existing condition. 

• Like 1

Speaking of Dept. Treasury, check this thread VVV

This seems like a huge deal.

This Leopold story broke in Buzzfeed on Thursday but was whited out in a blizzard of crazy news.  I expect at a minimum,, with Office of Special Counsel involvement, we'll be hearing a lot more about this.  

• Like 4

That should calm the markets.
Does anyone in this administration know what they're doing?

For realz.

What’s guaranteed to make you panic? When you get a phone call from a senior admin official asking “hey, at this exact moment, do you have a bunch of liquidity, you know, that thing that folks didn’t have enough of that led to the 2008 collapse? I’m just asking. No reason. Nothing to worry about. Just making small talk. Out of the blue. Over the holidays. Okthxbye!”
Jesus. If the financial sector wasn’t worried before, they’re sure worried now.
They’re also surely coming to the realization that their dream of having an easily-manipulated manchild in office...as opposed to an erratic infantile old fuck with a dozen mental disorders, was indeed a dream.
  • Like 1

The upcoming Trump State of the Union speech should be an instant classic.
DvJRReYUUAAUN8s?format=jpg&name=large

It’ll sound as expected. I’ve done more, accomplished more than any president in history, we are respected again around the world, I’ve made America safe again, blah blah blah.
In short, it will completely ignore reality and truth. Shocking, I know.

1 hour ago, Pancho Negro said:

Fuck him. If I were Pelosi, I would tell him that he gets the 1.6 billion that was agreed to last week. Each day that the government stays in shutdown, he loses 100 million from the offer. And that fat orange fuck will have to do the truffle shuffle on the capital steps before he gets a dime. 

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Fuck him. If I were Pelosi, I would tell him that he gets the 1.6 billion that was agreed to last week. Each day that the government stays in shutdown, he loses 100 million from the offer. And that fat orange fuck will have to do the truffle shuffle on the capital steps before he gets a dime. 

Dems are now saying he can get $1.2B which is a big f u to the president 

33 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Trump doing the truffle shuffle on the capital steps has to be worth at least a couple billion?

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Fair enough - hyperbole got the best of me.
More accurate would have been “who will he intentionally hurt?” He’s going to do so. The fact that nukes are among his potential tools is a big fucking problem.

LOL, that's funny.  You really think Trump has the power to nuke anybody?  He's fucking neutered.  The R's are using the shit out of him to ram their bullshit home and don't want to lose voters by criticizing him but don't be fooled.  Behind the scenes, this buffoon has zero ability to move forward with a nuclear strike.  

LOL, that's funny.  You really think Trump has the power to nuke anybody?  He's fucking neutered.  The R's are using the shit out of him to ram their bullshit home and don't want to lose voters by criticizing him but don't be fooled.  Behind the scenes, this buffoon has zero ability to move forward with a nuclear strike.  

He’s still the POTUS. There’s still a football. Yes, the power comes with the office.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

He’s still the POTUS. There’s still a football. Yes, the power comes with the office.

He would need to posture and develop some reason, even a bullshit one, to get to where there's a conversation on war, much less using actual nukes.  Your scenario, of him getting super pissed, than just randomly grabbing the football and nuking Chad, is a nonstarter for me.  I guess we'll never know - well, I hope we never have a definitive answer on that. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, retread said:

Not that it matters in this insane climate, but I posted a tweet upthread about the WH only spending 6% of the billions it got last year for border security.

That's what I think is so moronic and naive about these gofundme wall fools.  They literally think they're going to turn over millions of dollars to a con man and he's going to immediately send it to someone to buy more steel slats.  

I cant wait for their reactions when their version of orange reality sets in.  

That's what I think is so moronic and naive about these gofundme wall fools.  They literally think they're going to turn over millions of dollars to a con man and he's going to immediately send it to someone to buy more steel slats.  
I cant wait for their reactions when their version of orange reality sets in.  
Cognitive dissonance. They'll find a way to blame it on anyone other than Trump.

https://www.businessinsider.com/marine-corps-generals-leaving-trump-administration-mattis-resigns-2018-12

Marine Corps Generals who have left during the Trump administration.  Can’t quote right now, but worth a read. Alarming to an extent. 

Edit:

some from the article

5c1c543a0df1763c466ea2e4-2560-1280.jpg

From left, Gen. John Kelly, Gen. James Mattis, Gen. Joseph Dunford, Gen. James Amos, Gen. John Allen, and Gen. John Paxton Jr. at the Home of the Commandants in Washington, DC, on April 19, 2013.  Department of Defense

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Speaking of Dept. Treasury, check this thread VVV

This seems like a huge deal.

This Leopold story broke in Buzzfeed on Thursday but was whited out in a blizzard of crazy news.  I expect at a minimum,, with Office of Special Counsel involvement, we'll be hearing a lot more about this.  

Reading the article now. Totally corroborates the Steele memo's stuff about the Kremlin seeking intelligence/dirt on Russian expats and having people with Russian ties on "the inside" at different institutions.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

It’ll sound as expected. I’ve done more, accomplished more than any president in history, we are respected again around the world, I’ve made America safe again, blah blah blah.
In short, it will completely ignore reality and truth. Shocking, I know.

It would be amazing if :bothsides: just sat on their hands for the whole thing, then got up and silently filed out when he was done. I mean not a peep. No polite applause when he gives a shout out to the war widow in the upper level, not a peep when he talks about the new senate majority...nothing. ...He would melt the fuck down right then and there. 

I'm receiving Trump emails because of some link that was posted here back in the spring, I think. I was getting regular emails from one of the daughters-in-law, the last few have been from the Donald.

Just thought I'd share.

Sean,

Over the past week, 1,241,340 American patriots, like you, have signed petitions DEMANDING Democrats put America first and BUILD THE WALL.

We FLOODED their offices with your petitions, but Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi continue to do the only thing they know...OBSTRUCT!

Chuck and Nancy are SOLELY responsible for this shutdown because using the safety and security of American citizens as a bargaining tool to play political games is just plain WRONG.

Democrats have attacked us repeatedly over the years, but one thing has always kept me motivated to fight back and that’s you, Sean.

This is a critical moment for the future and safety of our families, our loved ones and the United States of America.

That’s why I am launching the most important membership program ever - the OFFICIAL BUILD THE WALL MEMBERSHIP.

Please contribute at least $5 by 11:59 PM TONIGHT to become one of the FIRST Official Build The Wall Members and get on the list my team sends me tonight.

Seems we're on first name basis. Maybe he's not so bad after all. 

Maybe we should all join the most important membership program ever. Seems like a big deal and less than one percent of the population is a great start!