Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

im in Kansas for the holidays and I’ve heard one joke this wknd so far, from an older town-y white  former republican, “where are the Assasins when we need Them?!”

Shocked me when I heard it even if a joke. How far have we fallen that people are that pissed off and dismayed?! For the record, that would be the worst thing for this country but my normal liberal Austin/east coast self is interacting with “fly over” folk for the first time in a while, and they hate the shit stain in chief with a passion. Least the ones I’ve met. These are investment bankers, well to do upper middle class, retired middle America. Normally I’d think brisket is right but these people give me hope. Seems like a lot of people here want to go back to the old conservative v liberal debate.

There are honest, worthwhile reasons to debate conservative versus liberal viewpoints on a number of subjects from immigration to economic policy but these trump takes? Nah, fuck that shit. And the people I’ve met all seem to agree. I have hope for our country, albeit slim. Merry Christmas you filthy surly/shaggy animals 

• Like 3

You see, I dont think he came close to winning the election

I think there were a maybe millions of fake Russian votes, and you get him out of office and commission a study and do a real electoral investigation and this is what you will find.

His real crowds are a third of what he says.

19 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Classic troll move. 

You're the one who made the assertion that Hillary lost the election because she's too far to the right. It's incumbent upon you to back up your assertion with facts, not the person who tells you you're wrong. So let's start with you telling us why it was Hillary's centrism that cost her the election. 

I already did, Mr. "Classic Troll Move."

• Fuck You 1

im in Kansas for the holidays and I’ve heard one joke this wknd so far, from an older town-y white  former republican, “where are the Assasins when we need Them?!”
Shocked me when I heard it even if a joke. How far have we fallen that people are that pissed off and dismayed?! For the record, that would be the worst thing for this country but my normal liberal Austin/east coast self is interacting with “fly over” folk for the first time in a while, and they hate the shit stain in chief with a passion. Least the ones I’ve met. These are investment bankers, well to do upper middle class, retired middle America. Normally I’d think brisket is right but these people give me hope. Seems like a lot of people here want to go back to the old conservative v liberal debate.
There are honest, worthwhile reasons to debate conservative versus liberal viewpoints on a number of subjects from immigration to economic policy but these trump takes? Nah, fuck that shit. And the people I’ve met all seem to agree. I have hope for our country, albeit slim. Merry Christmas you filthy surly/shaggy animals 

Kansans know firsthand that tea party crazies cannot govern

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Insulting Mattis by saying he gave him a second chance when others said he shouldn’t.....well, we know Trump never gave a shit about military service.  He just keeps on proving it.

I bet Slorch didn't see this coming at all.

9 minutes ago, Lurch said:

So raising rates is this country's fever mechanism. Crank those rates up and kill the infection in the White House. Another increase of 1-2 more points leads to Trump firing Powell, which would probably tank the markets at an unthinkable rate and definitely give Senate Pubs cover to vote for removal after a swift impeachment in the House.

Edited by softlynow

So who can goad Trump in to firing the Fed chairman?  Republican senators don't give a shit about treason, but when their donors start yanking their chains over market chaos, they will pay attention.  Maybe Pelosi and Warren need to start tweeting about what a great job the chairman is doing? 

Edited by kevwun

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

So who can goad Trump in to firing the Fed chairman?  Republican senators don't give a shit about treason, but when their donors start yanking their chains over market chaos, they will pay attention.  Maybe Pelosi and Warren need to start tweeting about what a great job the chairman is doing? 

If he has large hands, they could work that in somewhere.  Or how manly and distinguished he appears b/c of his greying hair.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Imagine Don Jr or Eric Trump trying to go through boot camp.

That whole family is soft.  Ivanka would probably be the only one could make it all the way through.  

Of the three I'd put money on Ivanka as well. I'd pay to watch Eric go through Marine Basic though.

Nothing says draining the swamp like naming a Boeing guy to Sec. of Defense

At least he's well qualified.  I mean he's been working in the DoD for (checks notes) a year and a half.

Seriously. We’re through the looking glass on fucking absurdity.

4462b83fc7d6ce80ceae7d3ee527d951.gif

He’s run off anyone remotely sane/not evil. Those he didn’t run off have been indicted/convicted. He wants to fire the Fed Chair. He is creating the swampiest swamp ever. He is taking every step possible to enrich himself at our expense. He is entangled in a criminal conspiracy on multiple levels and directions.

And we still have two years of this left.

We’re all gonna die, you know that, right?
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

Just tell him Obama thinks the fed chairman is doing a good job. Get some guy to say that on Fox News and trump will fire him the next day. 

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously. We’re through the looking glass on fucking absurdity.

4462b83fc7d6ce80ceae7d3ee527d951.gif

He’s run off anyone remotely sane/not evil. Those he didn’t run off have been indicted/convicted. He wants to fire the Fed Chair. He is creating the swampiest swamp ever. He is taking every step possible to enrich himself at our expense. He is entangled in a criminal conspiracy on multiple levels and directions.

And we still have two years of this left.

We’re all gonna die, you know that, right?

Yes we’re all gonna die.

Just not today. 

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

No time for a transition because he's dumb and had another temper tantrum.

Trump, Angry Over Mattis’s Rebuke, Removes Him 2 Months Early

WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Sunday that he would remove Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, who issued a stinging rebuke of the president when he announced his resignation last week, from his post by Jan. 1, two months before he had planned to depart.

Mr. Trump, in a Twitter post, said that Patrick M. Shanahan, Mr. Mattis’s deputy, would serve as the acting defense secretary.

Aides said that the president was furious that Mr. Mattis’s resignation letter — in which he rebuked the president’s rejection of international allies and his failure to check authoritarian governments — had led to days of negative news coverage. Mr. Mattis resigned in large part over Mr. Trump’s hasty decision to withdraw American forces from Syria.

When Mr. Trump first announced that Mr. Mattis was leaving, effective Feb. 28, he praised the defense secretary on Twitter, saying he was retiring “with distinction.” One aide said that although Mr. Trump had already seen the resignation letter when he praised Mr. Mattis, the president did not understand just how forceful a rejection of his strategy Mr. Mattis had issued.

The president has grown increasingly angry as the days have passed, the aide said. On Saturday, Mr. Trump posted a tweet that took a jab at Mr. Mattis, saying that “when President Obama ingloriously fired Jim Mattis, I gave him a second chance. Some thought I shouldn’t, I thought I should.”

Mr. Mattis, a retired four-star general, led the United States Central Command, which oversees military operations in the Middle East and Southwest Asia, from 2010 to 2013. His tour there was cut short by the Obama administration, which believed he was too hawkish on Iran.

Mr. Shanahan, who, like Mr. Mattis, is from Washington State, is a former Boeing executive. Aides say that Mr. Trump likes him in part because he often tells the president that he is correct to complain about the expense of defense systems.