Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Chuck actually did that.... If we're being fair, Nancy actually talked out of her ass and didn't deliver.  She told him he didn't have the votes in the House.  He did.

They both worked on him, but Pelosi is the one who branded it the Trump Shutdown immediately. 

Apparently they are huddling with Schumer so let's see if he folds.

31 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m sure Trump will keep the 800,000 federal employees not getting paid over Xmas in his thoughts while he’s pounding Big Mac’s and driving on the greens at Mar a Lago for 2.5 weeks. 

He's going to love the shut down.  He doesn't have to do a damn thing.  He doesn't now anyway, but he'll like this even better.

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

How would Dems benefit from a deal?

800,000 don't lose their paychecks right before Christmas?  

In any event, hopefully they're just letting trump know how fucking awful it's going to look when he's out golfing in Florida while those people are unemployed.  The one thing that could sway him is the idea that his own Christmas will be spent in DC.

Oh.  Who am I kidding?  Trump doesn't give a fuck.  He'll golf.  And tweet.  About how this is all cryin Chuck's fault, and how hard he's working from Florida.

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

How would Dems benefit from a deal?

Wouldn't have political blowback from a shutdown (all sides generally get some degree), give way less to Trump than he wants would look publicly like a defeat for im, and get something else they want....

Edited by Patrick Bateman

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

800,000 don't lose their paychecks right before Christmas?  

In any event, hopefully they're just letting trump know how fucking awful it's going to look when he's out golfing in Florida while those people are unemployed.  The one thing that could sway him is the idea that his own Christmas will be spent in DC.

Oh.  Who am I kidding?  Trump doesn't give a fuck.  He'll golf.  And tweet.  About how this is all cryin Chuck's fault, and how hard he's working from Florida.

It's not going to work. He's weak and and the Democrats know it. They don't have to do a thing.

Robert Reich:This morning I phoned my friend, the former Republican member of Congress

ME: So, what are you hearing? 

HE: Trump is in deep sh*t. 

ME: Tell me more. 

HE: When it looked like he was backing down on the wall, Rush and the crazies on Fox went ballistic. So he has to do the shutdown to keep the base happy. They’re his insurance policy. They stand between him and impeachment. 

ME: Impeachment? No chance. Senate Republicans would never go along. 

HE (laughing): Don’t be so sure. Corporate and Wall Street are up in arms. Trade war was bad enough. Now, you’ve got Mattis resigning in protest. Trump pulling out of Syria, giving Putin a huge win. This dumbass shutdown. The stock market in free-fall. The economy heading for recession. 

ME: But the base loves him. 

HE: Yeah, but the base doesn’t pay the bills. 

ME: You mean … 

HE: Follow the money, friend. 

ME: The GOP’s backers have had enough? 

HE: They wanted Pence all along. 

ME: So … 

HE: So they’ll wait until Mueller’s report, which will skewer Trump. Pelosi will wait, too. Then after the Mueller bombshell, she’ll get 20, 30, maybe even 40 Republicans to join in an impeachment resolution. 

ME: And then? 

HE: Senate Republicans hope that’ll be enough -- that Trump will pull a Nixon. 

ME: So you think he’ll resign? 

HE (laughing): No chance. He’s fu*king out of his mind. He’ll rile up his base into a fever. Rallies around the country. Tweet storms. Hannity. Oh, it’s gonna be ugly. He’ll convince himself he’ll survive. 

HE: That’s when Senate Republicans pull the trigger. 

ME: Really? Two-thirds of the Senate? 

HE: Do the math. 47 Dems will be on board, so you need 19 Republicans. I can name almost that many who are already there. Won’t be hard to find the votes. 

ME: But it will take months. And the country will be put through a ringer. 

HE: I know. That’s the worst part. 

ME: I mean, we could have civil war. 

HE: Hell, no. That’s what he wants, but no chance. His approvals will be in the cellar. America will be glad to get rid of him. 

ME: I hope you're right. 

HE: He’s a dangerous menace. He’ll be gone. And then he'll be indicted, and Pence will pardon him. But the state investigations may put him in the clinker. Good riddance.' 

Edited by Mapache

6 minutes ago, Mapache said:

Robert Reich:This morning I phoned my friend, the former Republican member of Congress

HE: When it looked like he was backing down on the wall, Rush and the crazies on Fox went ballistic. So he has to do the shutdown to keep the base happy. They’re his insurance policy. They stand between him and impeachment. 

HE (laughing): Don’t be so sure. Corporate and Wall Street are up in arms. Trade war was bad enough. Now, you’ve got Mattis resigning in protest. Trump pulling out of Syria, giving Putin a huge win. This dumbass shutdown. The stock market in free-fall. The economy heading for recession. 

HE: So they’ll wait until Mueller’s report, which will skewer Trump. Pelosi will wait, too. Then after the Mueller bombshell, she’ll get 20, 30, maybe even 40 Republicans to join in an impeachment resolution. 

HE (laughing): No chance. He’s fu*king out of his mind. He’ll rile up his base into a fever. Rallies around the country. Tweet storms. Hannity. Oh, it’s gonna be ugly. He’ll convince himself he’ll survive. 

HE: Do the math. 47 Dems will be on board, so you need 19 Republicans. I can name almost that many who are already there. Won’t be hard to find the votes. 

HE: Hell, no. That’s what he wants, but no chance. His approvals will be in the cellar. America will be glad to get rid of him. 

HE: He’s a dangerous menace. He’ll be gone. And then he'll be indicted, and Pence will pardon him. But the state investigations may put him in the clinker. Good riddance.' 

That's basically FanFic. But I want to believe. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mapache said:

Bullshit.  When he throws those rallies and the GOP voters get riled up there won't be a single republican vote for impeachment.  They'll cower to the mouthbreathers like they always do, because they need their votes.  GOP = Trumpkins.  This is what they sold their souls for and they can't back out now without losing their jobs.

• Like 2

Just now, 'stache said:

Bullshit.  When he throws those rallies and the GOP voters get riled up there won't be a single republican vote for impeachment.  They'll cower to the mouthbreathers like they always do, because they need their votes.  GOP = Trumpkins.  This is what they sold their souls for and they can't back out now without losing their jobs.

QFT.  That's all.

11 minutes ago, Mapache said:

You bet.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Sure, Cletus leaving the ballot space blank or voting for somebody else in the primary worries them, but ultimately Cletus isn’t paying the re-election bills, and if the BMDs tell the Republicans in Congress to jump, the Republicans are going to say “how high”.  

How many impeachment votes that results in, who knows, but those people care more about their lobbyists and donors with deep pocket books than Cletus and his MAGA hat, and Trump’s various trade spats could easily put a lot of Cletuses out of work anyways.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

I put it at 55-60% that Trump tries to have Mueller fired.   I think he’s reached that point.  He’s convinced himself people will blame the Dems for any shutdown, and he’s obviously scared shitless of something.  

I hope he does.

Then Robert Mueller can take all of his work and go work for the House of Representatives.

Firing Robert Mueller won't do Donald Trump any good at this point.

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I hope he does.

Then Robert Mueller can take all of his work and go work for the House of Representatives.

Firing Robert Mueller won't do Donald Trump any good at this point.

Nope. Even if Mueller is fired, too much has been handed off to SDNY. He might survive his presidency, but the Trump Org is going down. 

1 hour ago, Pancho Negro said:

This (former) servicemember and father of current ones( ultimate skin in the game) feels the same way.

I know there are quite on few on here who felt people could never hate Trump enough, but i was neutral on him.  i have never respected Trump, the man.  I wass somewhat  optimistic when he surrounded himself with a pretty freaking capable cabinet, before he ran them all off; that their abilities would trump Trump, if you will. he deleveraged the value and leadership I was counting on.  he wasn't trying to learn on the job.  He's just a bull in a china closet.

I posted it last night and I'll say it again-  Mattis is a badass motherfucker who is very, very highly respected.  His resignation/ retirement was the biggest statement he could make about our President without killing the man at his own hands.

Edited by slorch

54 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Or, and I'm just spitballin here; the revolution doesn't really begin until THEY turn on Trump.

Are you suggesting folks who voted Trump are not allowed to vote DEM in 2018?

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Has Slorch actually turned?

Most definitely wavering.

Mattis' opinion on things means a lot to me.

I've stated openly I don't care for Trump, the man.  He's running off all of his quality control, so yeah, it's looking worser by the hour.

Don't be expecting me to suddenly embrace the Left's wack politics either though...right out of the frying pan into the fire.

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Or, and I'm just spitballin here; the revolution doesn't really begin until THEY turn on Trump.

Are you suggesting folks who voted Trump are not allowed to vote DEM in 2018?

I think more than likely they'd switch to L or just not vote over voting for Biden or Beto or whatever. But yeah same result Trump if a lot of his base does that.

I texted my brother yesterday, essentially saying "I can't believe you voted for this orange cunt".  And I realized after I sent it that I need to be done with being pissed about people voting for Trump.  HRC was a bad candidate, so there's that.

But more importantly he's been in office two years.  So that's plenty of time for the people who voted for him to turn. 

I'm not pissed at people who voted for him.  I'm pissed at people who still support the fuck.

sas Homngthe issue of who voted for Truot

• Like 3