Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Russian oligarch I monitor on twitter seems to think the Eric Prince private army in Afganistan deal is back on. 

He has a remarkable record of predicting Trump White House developments in advance. 

This is from yesterday (or two days ago Russia time).

Translation:

The total number of US soldiers in the country has exceeded 13,000 people. However, this did not give visible results. I think that maintaining the status quo in Afghanistan does not make sense and soon @realDonaldTrump reiterated one exotic idea that was introduced last year.

This is the plan of Eric Prince, who introduced him to the White House. Prince - the founder of the famous private military corporation Blackwaters 💀 enter administration @realDonaldTrump . His sister Betsy DeVos is the current Minister of Education. 

Curious to see if this turns out to be true.

Front page of Military Times has it

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/12/21/mattis-is-out-and-blackwater-is-back-we-are-coming/

Edited by LongestHorn

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh fuck off turtle.

McConnell is responsible for the clusterfuck we have in government today. Pure obstructionist during Obama then spineless sycophant under Trump. He gives zero fucks about America. His loyalty is to the party. The party is win at all costs and go scorched Earth when you don't.

• Like 4

McConnell is responsible for the clusterfuck we have in government today. Pure obstructionist during Obama then spineless sycophant under Trump. He gives zero fucks about America. His loyalty is to the party. The party is win at all costs and go scorched Earth when you don't.
Wrong, his loyalty is to money. Real or perceived. It's always money.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

This guy has a point:

Why should I care what these people say and do? Are they important persons whom I've just never heard of or is this just another opportunity for white conservatives to claim their being picked on?

Seriously, who cares?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grandioso said:

I love this so much. He fucking sucks at negotiating everything. Business, government/bills, foreign affairs/tariffs, etc. He is so out of his element. I bet you he didn’t even negotiate his apprentice contracts with NBC; some entertainment agent probably did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll never understand putting a failed businessman into the highest office in the country. Never. I will probably never look at this country the same way again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I am disappointed. I was hoping we would maintain military presence in Syria without congressional authorization indefinitely. 

Although I detect your sarcasm, I believe that is a better option than leaving.

That's the thing about invasions. You always have to leave at some point.

Texas does not want it. No rancher does. It would ruin one of Texas' most beautiful scenic areas. Basically, where Fandango was filmed. It is not going to happen. The Texas border is actually quite beautiful.

Edited by ADHD

There is the policy to disentangle ourselves from some of our military engagements around the world.  Then there is launching that policy via tweet without the counsel of our military leadership, without a plan to ensure that our sudden departure does not give rise to worse problems and without honoring the pledge of support made to an ally during an ongoing military conflict.

You can have the former without the latter.  You really can.  But it requires something other than an id with a twitter account as President.

• Like 5

Did anyone ever find out who wrote the NYTimes Op-Ed stating they were protecting the country from the President? The secret writer. With Mattis gone, the country may not have anyone in there to protect us anymore. Protection from Mr. "I've done more than any President in history." He use to have Obama's economic growth to claim his own, but all of that is slowly chipping away. Oh, the mess he's going to leave behind when he's out of there. God help us.

1 minute ago, retread said:

Is there anything left to destroy on this Felony Friday? Maybe a playful yet menacing tweet directed at Kim Jong-un?

Well, considering that whittaker isn't going to recuse despite a recommendation that he should recuse... I think we're going to have a bumpy Christmas week

We just better hope we never need any favors in that region ever again because what we are doing to the Kurds is fucking cold-blooded and will be remembered. Also, be ready to accept Iran expanding their influence in the region. 

Playing devils advocate real quick... did we convince the Kurds to start fighting? Or did we lend support after they made the decision on their own? If leaving now is cold-blooded, would it have been better to have never given any support in the first place?

If Mattis had any honor he would have resigned over the border deployment  - what was it called? Operation ENDURING PATRIOT WARRIOR ENDURING DEFENSE OF FREEDOM LIBERTY BORDERS?  That guy sucks.  He was taking six figure checks to advocate for Elizabeth Holmes' con operation that committed massive fraud.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

President Trump told Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer and House Speaker-designate Nancy Pelosi that he would accept all blame for a shutdown.

Can't wait to see if he keeps his word tomorrow!! #TrumpShutdown

He sure answered that bright and early this morning, didn't he?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1076082577281347584

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

There is the policy to disentangle ourselves from some of our military engagements around the world.  Then there is launching that policy via tweet without the counsel of our military leadership, without a plan to ensure that our sudden departure does not give rise to worse problems and without honoring the pledge of support made to an ally during an ongoing military conflict.

You can have the former without the latter.  You really can.  But it requires something other than an id with a twitter account as President.

There is also this body called Congress...that's supposed to authorize war, you know, as layed out in the Constitution, but no, our executive branch over the years have abused the power for AUMF and circumventing the Constitution.  Maybe we should bring the troops home now, then have Congress vote on sending our sons and daughters to never ending wars, how does that sound? 

I for one don't care the way Trump did it, many neo-cons and neo-libs are getting the message loud and clear that the people and the troops don't want war in Syria. 

https://twitter.com/HeadRusch/status/1075958655365931009

Edited by American Swindle
  • Fuck You 1