Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

18 minutes ago, slorch said:

I don't believe Mattis quit just to quit.  there is far too much equity in the position he held.  he had been dutiful and supportive of Trump.

His resignation/ retirement means something very significant.

To be serious for a moment: I completely agree. The decision to pull out of Syria was a tipping point for Mattis, and I think it's a pretty clear indicator that Trump has lost the confidence of our military leadership. Until this point, they thought they could manage his illogical and impetuous whims. Now, Mattis has frankly said "Fuck it. I'm out."

Supposedly, Mattis was serving at the pleasure of the president out of duty for the good of the country. The fact that he up and quit says something. Surely, he wouldn't now leave the country in a moment of instability and abdicate that role, because he simply wants to wash his hands of it.

Maybe (and I realize I'm venturing into tin-foil land), as an administration insider, he has confidence that there's someone or something else that will ensure the "security, prosperity, and values" of our country as he put it in his resignation letter. Or, maybe, he simply believes it's all a lost cause and is going to hide in a shelter. If that's the case, then it's "Brisket time" which, personally, I just cannot accept.

I can't believe that a person who has devoted 40 years of service to this country would suddenly leave an "adult" vacuum in his wake unless he felt it would (or could) be competently filled by someone else under [.....?.....] circumstances. In other words, he may feel confident that we'll be okay and this shit-flinging orangutan will soon be out. Or he's given up all hope.

Without any insider knowledge, everything is sheer speculation at this point. We're all just guessing.

Edited by bolverk

9 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Mocking every damn GOP sonofabitch that ever said it and meant none of it. Mattis...dare I say it? Retreated. 

You incorrectly assess Mattis' actions.

He cannot sit there and tell the CIC he's a dumbass.  His resignation was the biggest stick he had available, aside from killing the POTUS in defense of our great nation.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

You incorrectly assess Mattis' actions.

He cannot sit there and tell the CIC he's a dumbass.  His resignation was the biggest stick he had available, aside from killing the POTUS in defense of our great nation.

Disagree. I don't know what pull he has, but he left it there. Great, he fell on his sword and left the battle. That's all he could do? I have a hard time buying it. 

4 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Disagree. I don't know what pull he has, but he left it there. Great, he fell on his sword and left the battle. That's all he could do? I have a hard time buying it. 

You want us to explain chain of command to you?

It;s not like Mattis and Trump are like Doc and Marty talking about the Delorean.

Mattis is a badass motherfucker almost universally respected in our military.  He did what his position allowed him to do, within his obligations and duty to do so.

Edited by slorch

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

To be serious for a moment: I completely agree. The decision to pull out of Syria was a tipping point for Mattis, and I think it's a pretty clear indicator that Trump has lost the confidence of our military leadership. Until this point, they thought they could manage his illogical and impetuous whims. Now, Mattis has frankly said "Fuck it. I'm out."

Supposedly, Mattis was serving at the pleasure of the president out of duty for the good of the country. The fact that he up and quit says something. Surely, he wouldn't now leave the country in a moment of instability and abdicate that role, because he simply wants to wash his hands of it.

Maybe (and I realize I'm venturing into tin-foil land), as an administration insider, he has confidence that there's someone or something else that will ensure the "security, prosperity, and values" of our country as he put it in his resignation letter. Or, maybe, he simply believes it's all a lost cause and is going to hide in a shelter. If that's the case, then it's "Brisket time" which, personally, I just cannot accept.

I can't believe that a person who has devoted 40 years of service to this country would suddenly leave an "adult" vacuum in his wake unless he felt it would (or could) be competently filled by someone else under [.....?.....] circumstances. In other words, he may feel confident that we'll be okay and this shit-flinging orangutan will soon be out. Or he's given up all hope.

Without any insider knowledge, everything is sheer speculation at this point. We're all just guessing.

Seems like Mattis was crystal fucking clear in his resignation letter. 

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Well, there it is. I knew I'd get slorched eventually. 

Thanks for playing. 

Well what the fuck do you want me to say?

Mattis is not a pussy.  he didn't quit on his responsibilities.

He made a very public statement about his boss in the most powerful way possible.

Are you expecting more?  i say if so, you're very unfucking reasonable.  You don't seem to grasp the gravity of what transpired.  It's not like he walked away from the mop bucket in the restroom at Kroger.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Seems like Mattis was crystal fucking clear in his resignation letter. 

You're not getting me; I understand his motivations. I'm just vocalizing my irrational hope that there might be a plan b in place which has freed him to make this abrupt decision in response to Mad Don Trump.

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Yeah, it's really unrealistic to stay at your post in a fight. 

You wanted the president to crush him.

Fuck that.  His resignation makes a far bigger statement.

At this point, I'm hoping most agree that this transcends the issue of ideology: left v. right and right v. left.

Whatever your politcal philosophy, most are coming to the realization that this particular person at this specific time presents a clear and present danger to our Republic. We can continue to disagree and debate other shit later. Priority #1 is to get this corrupted fat fuck out of office to prevent his little sausage fingers from pushing the red self-destruct button.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

His resignation makes a far bigger statement.

I agree with slorch on this.  Mattis resigning in protest with that letter should be sending shockwaves through the military and the country. 

Trump was never going fire Mattis.  He would have circumvented him and kept him around as a trophy.

Politically, Mattis knocked Trump’s false teeth out today and that’s the only language he understands. 

At this point, I'm hoping most agree that this transcends the issue of ideology: left v. right and right v. left.
Whatever your politcal philosophy, most are coming to the realization that this particular person at this specific time presents a clear and present danger to our Republic. We can continue to disagree and debate other shit later. Priority #1 is to get this corrupted fat fuck out of office to prevent his little sausage fingers from pushing the red self-destruct button.

Your hope...you know the answer, right? He has like 85% support among repubs. 40% overall. It doesn’t budge, no matter what.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Your hope...you know the answer, right? He has like 85% support among repubs. 40% overall. It doesn’t budge, no matter what.

Here is just one example from Texags tonight

Everyone always says we need to learn from the mistakes of Vietnam. But Trump seems to be the only person in Washington trying to do that.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Well what the fuck do you want me to say?

Mattis is not a pussy.  he didn't quit on his responsibilities.

He made a very public statement about his boss in the most powerful way possible.

Are you expecting more?  i say if so, you're very unfucking reasonable.  You don't seem to grasp the gravity of what transpired.  It's not like he walked away from the mop bucket in the restroom at Kroger.

Slouch has the correct take here.  I am not sure Mattis could have done more outside of personally assassinating Trump.  In another American first, we will get to see if a sitting President can survive a vote of no confidence by the US military.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Du6ARTmVAAAzT-X?format=jpg&name=small

Why would Dotard choose someone who shares the same views as the person he just ran off?  In the words of the late great Robin Williams in regards to unarmed police in an unarmed country, "Stop or I'll say stop again." Mitch, you're words are toothless without action.  

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

I do like that we debate though because clearly, we don't walk lock step in line with whatever a Democrat states.  I value this.  

Donald Trump is an emboldened, bullying Hitler of 1940.  McConnell and other senate Republicans are Neville Chamberlain seeking to contain him through appeasement.  At some point, you have to take a stand or be known throughout history as the cowards that were in a position to act but who timidly allowed it to happen.

Edited by Goredho

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

May I fantasize a bit how I hope Trump dies (of natural causes, of course)?

First, I want him to die in prison eating shitty prison food that makes him gag for the rest of his days.

Second, I want him to keep what remains of his mental faculties with full awareness of everything around him until the moment the lights are turned out in his brain?

Next, I want him to die from an extremely painful and embarrassing disease. Unfortunately, I don't know much about illnesses so I'll just describe the symptoms and maybe some surly doc can project a diagnosis:

• Debilitating pain, lots of it, throughout his body.
  • Something that causes him to constantly shit, piss, and vomit all over himself.
  • Bleeding from the eyes, ears, and rectum? Most definitely.
  • Gaseous with lots of pains. Really horrible flatulence that constantly makes himself gag. 
  • Complete loss of hair so he'll finally have to face the fact that he's bald.
  • Does it require amputation of limbs? You better believe it does.
  • All his teeth fall out while his skin itches constantly.
  • Add in scrotum cancer and scabies on his dick.
  • Loss of speech would be good too.

Finally, I want him to be fully aware that he and all his adult progeny (except for Tiffany, maybe) are destitute and imprisoned, and will remain that way for the rest of their years spent in prison. I'd also love him to feel the shame of Melanie pointing and laughing at him every time she visits, as well as the knowledge that the Trump name will surpass that of Benedict Arnold in the annals of American history as being synonymous with "traitorous piece of shit" for all of eternity and that a monument will be constructed over his body that invites the public to defecate into a hole on top of it. 

All while sharing a cell with some mean Honduran motherfucker who secretly fucks with him at night and screws with him all day every day so he'll never again experience a moment of calm, tranquility, rest, and relaxation.

A man can dream...

ALS, but let's allow the bedsores to fester.  Not enough to kill him ... around stage 2/3 would be great.  Stage 4 you lose most of the feeling and where's the fun in that - well stage 4 are fine to the extremities so we have to go the chop/chop route...we can use the ceremonial saw the Saudis used on Khashoggi. 

Also, definitely do NOT get him a BCI (Brain Computer Interface)...let him think of all the worst tweets/greatest hits but no way to get any of them out.  We can have Gus Fring give him a bedside chat...like he gave to Hector Salamanca....but nightly.  His TV will be on a loop...flashing still shot after still shot of Hillary in various pantsuits...then we'll work in more of your suggestions..pretty sure the scabies on the dick are a built in feature.  

• Like 4