Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

enough people like you having stupid ideas and not caring about how they get done is exactly why we are where we are

Following the Constitution is stupid? Do you think the troops that are tired of endless deployments are stupid for agreeing with Trump’s decision to withdraw?

The NPC talking points are lathered on pretty thick around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Hugo, you're actually the one that gets emotional about this shit. 

The inside is rotted and filled with corruption.  "Taking a stand" after months/years of allowing Trump to get away with whatever he wants is not worthy of applause in any way. At all. If anything, it's proof that these people are concerned only with their own interests. 

Y’all want blood.  I want things to get better. 

I am of the opinion it’s never too late to do the right thing and work towards a more perfect union.   Crucifying the people that try to because of their past sins gets us nowhere.

In short, grow up.

52 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

I for one don't care the way Trump did it, many neo-cons and neo-libs are getting the message loud and clear that the people and the troops don't want war in Syria. 

https://twitter.com/HeadRusch/status/1075958655365931009

Strange, I haven't heard any messages that say this, loud and clear or not. In fact, I've heard the exact opposite.

This is not hard:

Having a plan to get out of syria (or anywhere else for that matter) that includes consultation with military leaders and advisors and our allies, and prevents the Kurds from getting slaughtered by Turkey and prevents Russia from expanding its sphere of influence >>> staying in >>> DOTUS announcing by tweet with no plan or thought.

The Kurds are about to get genocided because DOTUS is constipated.  The Kurds are (or were) our allies. They fought alongside our troops, apparently very well. And you want to let them get slaughtered because why exactly?

• Like 5

Something big must be dropping today just because of Trump’s little rampage on twitter. 

Dude is on edge and touch about the wall, budget, ISIS, etc. so I’m guessing whatever is dropping has nothing to do with those, and he’s just trying to distract himself and his followers.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

To be serious for a moment: I completely agree. The decision to pull out of Syria was a tipping point for Mattis, and I think it's a pretty clear indicator that Trump has lost the confidence of our military leadership. Until this point, they thought they could manage his illogical and impetuous whims. Now, Mattis has frankly said "Fuck it. I'm out."
Supposedly, Mattis was serving at the pleasure of the president out of duty for the good of the country. The fact that he up and quit says something. Surely, he wouldn't now leave the country in a moment of instability and abdicate that role, because he simply wants to wash his hands of it.
Maybe (and I realize I'm venturing into tin-foil land), as an administration insider, he has confidence that there's someone or something else that will ensure the "security, prosperity, and values" of our country as he put it in his resignation letter. Or, maybe, he simply believes it's all a lost cause and is going to hide in a shelter. If that's the case, then it's "Brisket time" which, personally, I just cannot accept.
I can't believe that a person who has devoted 40 years of service to this country would suddenly leave an "adult" vacuum in his wake unless he felt it would (or could) be competently filled by someone else under [.....?.....] circumstances. In other words, he may feel confident that we'll be okay and this shit-flinging orangutan will soon be out. Or he's given up all hope.
Without any insider knowledge, everything is sheer speculation at this point. We're all just guessing.

Or maybe he’s been privy to all the shit trump says behind closed doors. Trump is an incurable braggard- “Russia promised me ....”
At some point a Marine can’t participate in Treason.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I am of the opinion it’s never too late to do the right thing and work towards a more perfect union.   Crucifying the people that try to because of their past sins gets us nowhere.

In short, grow up.

Haha. You think these people are finally "doing the right thing" but I'm the one that needs to grow up?  Pretty amazing that you continue to be an optimist. 

The whole government needs to be reset. There is no band-aid that gets us toward a more perfect union. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

It's funny how whenever Syrian Kurds and Turkey are brought up no one ever mentions the fact that the YPG operating in Syria and the PKK, a terrorist organization that regularly murders civilians in Turkey, are clearly and obviously linked.  

I have to be honest, if I were a Kurd, I'd be blowing up shit in Turkey too. My next target would be the Trump tower. After that would be the US embassy in Turkey.

3 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

It's funny how whenever Syrian Kurds and Turkey are brought up no one ever mentions the fact that the YPG operating in Syria and the PKK, a terrorist organization that regularly murders civilians in Turkey, are clearly and obviously linked.  

The Turks would love to eliminate the Kurds, no matter what group they belong to.

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Haha. You think these people are finally "doing the right thing" but I'm the one that needs to grow up?  Pretty amazing that you continue to be an optimist. 

The whole government needs to be reset. There is no band-aid that gets us toward a more perfect union. 

So you’re at the same place the Trumpkins were pre-election.  It’s all broken! Fuck everything! Blow it all up! Anyone that doesn’t share my opinion is an enabler!

Do you see how this view is reckless? 

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The Turks would love to eliminate the Kurds, no matter what group they belong to.

So if there was some rebel militia operating in Mexico or something with deep ties to a terrorist group regularly killing American civilians, you think we would just sit back and take it?  We wouldn't go after them?  

Edited by Fozzz
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So you’re at the same place the Trumpkins were pre-election.  It’s all broken! Fuck everything! Blow it all up! Anyone that doesn’t share my opinion is an enabler!

Do you see how this view is reckless? 

Wanting to remove corruption out of DC is nothing like supporting Donald Trump. You're better than that, Hugo. 

But go ahead and continue to blame Russia for everything so you're magical dream of a perfect American government union still has a chance in its current form. Talk about reckless. 

3 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Following the Constitution is stupid? Do you think the troops that are tired of endless deployments are stupid for agreeing with Trump’s decision to withdraw?

The NPC talking points are lathered on pretty thick around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no, dipshit.  that's not what anyone is talking about.

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Wanting to remove corruption out of DC is nothing like supporting Donald Trump.

Drain the Swamp! 

Trump was successful because so many people in this country were demoralized to the point they were easy prey for conman with a seductive message. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

But go ahead and continue to blame Russia for everything

I don't blame Russia for anything.  In fact I'm impressed with how successful they've been in such a short period of time. 

I blame ourselves for not standing up to Russia and defending ourselves from their assault on Western democracy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I asked Brisket and didn't get an answer, but what do you actually mean by "get better" with regard to Syria? What, specifically, do you want to see us accomplish with our military in Syria?

The nation has a democratically-elected president who has requested Russia's help.

I am of the opinion it’s never too late to do the right thing and work towards a more perfect union.

What does it mean for us to do the "right thing" in Syria?

35 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Creating a power vacuum in Syria which could allow ISIS to swoop back in just to own the libs. 

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The nation has a democratically-elected president who has requested Russia's help.

Exactly. What power vacuum? Assad is there. He won. He’s their leader.

People hyperventilating over this is hysterical. It’ll be even worse if we pull out of Afghanistan after 17+ years of accomplishing I’m not sure what. 

7 minutes ago, retread said:

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Glad our leader is focusing on the important things.

I also can't see how it would possibly be true.  His base wants a "Wall" because that's what they've been promised for years.    His opponents don't want anything.  I feel like this would be *less* popular.

37 minutes ago, retread said:

I have no doubt whatsoever that that spineless cretin will use a nuclear option whether or not the law allows for it and will get every sitting republican to support violation of the law.  When in recent years has the republican party cared about the rule of law when it doesn't help them?  Add in all of his appointed right wing activist judges (sorry, it's only "activist" if its librul) and he very well could get away with it too.

Edited by 'stache

12 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Assad/Russia doesn't control 100% of Syria and in fact most of the Kurd controlled areas are former ISIS strongholds.

2cd53c48bf2847758979f9a0daac78f4_6.jpg

Yes it’s a complicated situation, but it’s his country. I wouldn’t call it a power vacuum  

In the end after years of meddling in Middle Eastern affairs with largely terrible results, the burden should be on the people who reliably support these interventions (Iraqx2, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya) to provide some kind of goals or long term guidance as to costs/troops to achieve what they want.

The baseline doesn’t have to be we’re there indefinitely. 

And btw for all the pearl clutching about not consulting his advisors, it sounds like Mattis quit after trying to convince him, unsuccessfully. His Sec of Defense advised him, he disagreed and made the decision. That should be good enough for every poster here.

43 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I also can't see how it would possibly be true.  His base wants a "Wall" because that's what they've been promised for years.    His opponents don't want anything.  I feel like this would be *less* popular.

There's no way Trump can say the words steel slats effectively with those clumsy dentures of his.