Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Damn, that thing is banked like a four turn racetrack.  

In law school, I was sent to a convention for a Law student organization. Students from all over the country went to San Diego. It was on the cheap, so we were assigned roommates. Mine was a 400 lb dude from Auburn. The fucker BROKE our toilet seat. I found this out when I went to use it, sat on it (which opened up the crack he’d created), then stood up (which allowed the crack to close, pinching my goddamned ass cheek). I came out of there and just glared at him, and he laughed and said “oh yeah, I meant to tell ya, they use cheap toilet seats here.” No, you fucking fatass, you just broke a regular seat.
Also, he later skipped out on a morning seminar to go to the nearby mall, which had a video store that had a VHS tape he’d been looking for (I sweatergawd, he actually reported, gleefully, that he’d been looking all over for this):
c681d5dcf803de0eb92716d803323333.jpg

I am certain that he voted for Trump.

Every time i see a tweet from him now, all I think of is:

Kevin-Bacon.jpeg

I know it's not original, at least one other person has posted this here, but this rings truer and truer every day.

Now all we need is to find someone to lead the Trumpkin band down a blind alley.

2011-12-26_0844.png

How fitting is it their uniforms have the C of Chik Fil A? 

Edited by pyrohornIII
  • Like 1

That's some good work.... killing himself out there.  Sound effort.  And those are just the ones we hear!  Can you imagine what it's like in his office?  

"Mike, did you know I almost bought the Grand Canyon.  Yep, was gonna make a Trump Tower in the middle of it. Would have been fabulous.  The best Grand Canyon but I don't like the heat so I said no."

Edited by Patrick Bateman

That's some good work.... killing himself out there.  Sound effort.  And those are just the ones we hear!  Can you imagine what it's like in his office?  
"Mike, did you know I almost bought the Grand Canyon.  Yep, was gonna make a Trump Tower in the middle of it. Would have been fabulous.  The best Grand Canyon but I don't like the heat so I said no."

They are not false claims. They are LIES. Call them what they are - LIES.
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They are not false claims. They are LIES. Call them what they are - LIES.

It took the media over a year, but they finally came around and started using the correct word.  The next step is for them to call out him and anyone in his admin to their face publicly when they lie.  On the off chance they hold a press briefing, the pool needs to be asking SHS why she is lying every time she spews forth yet another lie.  When the dotard has an improptu presser, every time he lies, fucking CALL HIM ON IT.  Just ask it very simply: "Sir, why are you lying?"  It's not that hard.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

In law school, I was sent to a convention for a Law student organization. Students from all over the country went to San Diego. It was on the cheap, so we were assigned roommates. Mine was a 400 lb dude from Auburn. The fucker BROKE our toilet seat. I found this out when I went to use it, sat on it (which opened up the crack he’d created), then stood up (which allowed the crack to close, pinching my goddamned ass cheek). I came out of there and just glared at him, and he laughed and said “oh yeah, I meant to tell ya, they use cheap toilet seats here.” No, you fucking fatass, you just broke a regular seat.
Also, he later skipped out on a morning seminar to go to the nearby mall, which had a video store that had a VHS tape he’d been looking for (I sweatergawd, he actually reported, gleefully, that he’d been looking all over for this):
c681d5dcf803de0eb92716d803323333.jpg

I am certain that he voted for Trump.

This story should be a movie.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It took the media over a year, but they finally came around and started using the correct word.  The next step is for them to call out him and anyone in his admin to their face publicly when they lie.  On the off chance they hold a press briefing, the pool needs to be asking SHS why she is lying every time she spews forth yet another lie.  When the dotard has an improptu presser, every time he lies, fucking CALL HIM ON IT.  Just ask it very simply: "Sir, why are you lying?"  It's not that hard.

Man I said this about a month ago and got totally lambasted for it here.  I still agree with it, and there are some good articles out there that hold sound strategies for the press to go after him and his lying. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/01/calling-out-a-presidential-lie/514568/

Here's one on strategy, both his and how to fight it:

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/15/18047360/trump-lies-media-strategy-george-lakoff

I guess the thinking by the reporters is that they'd like to keep their jobs and remain employable. During a normal administration, it would be frowned upon to call anyone in the WH a liar, but I'm not sure we're ever going to have a normal WH again.

Plus there's the desire to comport yourself in a professional manner (both for Congresspersons and reporters). However, just like the '20 D nominee, you almost have to get in the mud with DOTUS to score points against him.

This story should be a movie.

Every two years. In the 80’s, they made that movie every two years. It was practically a genre - dorky law student, roommate is a fat pervert, gets dumped by insanely hot girlfriend who’s dating a uberdouche, tits, snobby law professor busting his balls, falls for the sneaky hot friend.

15 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Man I said this about a month ago and got totally lambasted for it here.  I still agree with it, and there are some good articles out there that hold sound strategies for the press to go after him and his lying. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/01/calling-out-a-presidential-lie/514568/

Here's one on strategy, both his and how to fight it:

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/15/18047360/trump-lies-media-strategy-george-lakoff

From the Vox article.  I don't think I understand this fully.

Sean Illing

So you’re saying that instead of amplifying the president’s message by repeating it in the course of debunking it, we should focus on his tactics and talk about the truths he’s trying to suppress.

George Lakoff

Well, not just talk about the truth he’s trying to suppress. The truth sandwich is more than that. It shows the difference between the truth and what he’s saying — putting the truth first, and then putting it afterward, and talking about its consequences.

So when he lies and says the sky is red, the media should say, "The sky is blue.  The president said it's red.  But it's actually blue."?

4 minutes ago, retread said:

I guess the thinking by the reporters is that they'd like to keep their jobs and remain employable. During a normal administration, it would be frowned upon to call anyone in the WH a liar, but I'm not sure we're ever going to have a normal WH again.

Plus there's the desire to comport yourself in a professional manner (both for Congresspersons and reporters). However, just like the '20 D nominee, you almost have to get in the mud with DOTUS to score points against him.

Yeah, we are way past that.  The media needs to do their fucking jobs.  If they do their jobs they will remain employable.

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t know if we’re ever going to see Trump’s tax returns but I’ll go on the record now and bet he’s more broke than Manafort.

He must have made at least eight (if not nine) figures from The Apprentice, right? It's hard to imagine all that vanishing into thin air. Then again, I'm not a vain narcissist that buys gold plated toilets...

10 minutes ago, ndawg said:

He must have made at least eight (if not nine) figures from The Apprentice, right? It's hard to imagine all that vanishing into thin air. Then again, I'm not a vain narcissist that buys gold plated toilets...

The Apprentice money should be small potatoes for a guy like Trump.  I bet all his properties/assets are leveraged to the hilt.

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Interesting mixture of tense -- we are CURRENTLY saving billions of dollars per year because of a deal that WILL replace NAFTA.

Unhatched chickens, counted.

Edited by jimmyjazz
what mdmost said
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Mexico is paying for the wall because of savings that are happening on a deal that hasn't been ratified by Congress yet?

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Interesting mixture of tense -- we are CURRENTLY saving billions of dollars per year because of a deal that WILL replace NAFTA.

Unhatched chickens, counted.

Ya gotta look at this through the lens of Trump. His intended audience on Twitter doesn't give a shit about details, or the truth, or facts.  As long as he is breathing, he's gonna spew something that sounds good to the true believers, even if there isn't a bit of factual information about it.

He's a wrestling heel, that's all.  Sure, he has the nuclear codes, and he can affect the stock market on a whim, but he's just a fucking wrestling heel.