Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

Fuckin' Arkansas QB tries to dive into the endzone launching from the 4 yd line and extending the ball. Two touchdown swing. It looked stupid when he started his leap and proved to be stupid in its result. 

I think the Aggies found themselves after that play. They looked like a team after that play. I want to throw up.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Fuckin' Arkansas QB tries to dive into the endzone launching from the 4 yd line and extending the ball. Two touchdown swing. It looked stupid when he started his leap and proved to be stupid in its result. 

I think the Aggies found themselves after that play. They looked like a team after that play. I want to throw up.

On first down, no less. Really a uniquely dumb play. From a process-oriented perspective their success is not sustainable, but you pull out a couple of bullshit wins in a 12-game season and all of the sudden there's some lipstick on that pig

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Dude, they have Shemar Stewart and Walter Nolen coming off the bench. We have Ovie Oghoufo starting and Jett Bush coming off our bench. They have like 4 seniors in their entire THREE-DEEP on both sides of the ball. They are in for some big time recruits down the stretch in this recruiting cycle. They are miles ahead of us. They just need to develop Weigman and get him ready next year.  

I know you're going to bump this next time they lose, so let me be clear - 8-4 w/ two gimps at quarterback and a talent-rich roster full of underclassmen is actually pretty good. They are setting themselves for playoff runs in the next two seasons as long as Jimbo develops Weigman or they get a stud QB recruit/transfer. 

LOL, it's always "next year"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, utexas8 said:

This has nothing to do with nothing but I was thinking who our next coach would be and maybe we go after Franklin since he’s been mentioned before who I think is okay but not elite. (At this point though I guess it’s better than we have) anyway I would probably compare him to jimbo. They’re decent but continues to under achieve.

You need to pay attention and retain information. CTJ already said Traylor is next up. 

• Drool 1

On 9/25/2022 at 12:51 PM, Hmbre97 said:

LOL, it's always "next year"

That's why he was afraid to take the $1 k bet I offered. 10-2 or better in year 5 of Jimbo. 

He told me aggy was building a powerhouse so that seems like a fair bet. Powerhouse programs (Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama) are winning 10 games almost every year and it hasn't happened once with Jimbo yet. 

Every year he hedges with "next year" when aggy doesn't produce the results. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

21 minutes ago, SarksJuggs said:

Another defensive lineman lolthe wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

We should give a shit what do you mean. Recruiting 5 star DL like they have been doing sets a floor for programs to always win 7-8 games at the minimum even when things go wrong. That’s why as much as the offense and QBs suck for them they have a higher floor than us. They have the best DL room in the country and we act like it’s not important. Meanwhile we have tellytubby sweethearts from Westlake breaking our 2 deep lol 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

29 minutes ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

We should give a shit what do you mean. Recruiting 5 star DL like they have been doing sets a floor for programs to always win 7-8 games at the minimum even when things go wrong. That’s why as much as the offense and QBs suck for them they have a higher floor than us. They have the best DL room in the country and we act like it’s not important. Meanwhile we have tellytubby sweethearts from Westlake breaking our 2 deep lol 

He flat out wasn't interested in Texas because of Scheme. Do I care? Sure, but I don't feel like we "lost" this recruitment. It's a rich get richer type situation.

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It’s refreshing in the year 2022 to see a troll as obvious as DQP. Reminds me of simpler times.

There’s no lie in my post. We have 5th yr seniors on the line who make no difference and have to hope projects pan out after 3 years of development. They have a stacked line where every player would be starters elsewhere. None of our guys would crack the 3 deep DL at A&M but yeah I’m trolling. 

• Fuck You 5

24 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

He flat out wasn't interested in Texas because of Scheme. Do I care? Sure, but I don't feel like we "lost" this recruitment. It's a rich get richer type situation.

If you haven’t noticed by now, scheme is the nice way of these players telling school’s reporters they’re not interested. It’s like how when you asked out pretty girls all your life and they always told you no bc they had a boyfriend when they really didnt. They’re just being nice 

• Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

If you haven’t noticed by now, scheme is the nice way of these players telling school’s reporters they’re not interested. It’s like how when you asked out pretty girls all your life and they always told you no bc they had a boyfriend when they really didnt. They’re just being nice 

Weird, scheme wasn't reported by any of the Texas reporters. 

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Three degrees from Texas says otherwise. You guys are just in deep denial about what they're building. 

You’ve been saying this shit for years. Literally any time they have mild success and then you disappear when they suck ass and do it all again the next year. They still look like shit until proven otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Three degrees from Texas says otherwise. You guys are just in deep denial about what they're building. 

They've built a dline.  Somehow the big-headed guy that cooks bad bbq is still selling the reputation of a D coordinator that has left.   Or they're dropping bags.  Its one or the other.  There is no denying they dominate the dline position right now and have for a few years.  I personally wouldn't trade any other position group from Texas with aTm.  Maybe LB's, maybe not.  Hell i'd rather have Tom Herman than Jumbo.      

18 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

They've built a dline.  Somehow the big-headed guy that cooks bad bbq is still selling the reputation of a D coordinator that has left.   Or they're dropping bags.  Its one or the other.  There is no denying they dominate the dline position right now and have for a few years.  I personally wouldn't trade any other position group from Texas with aTm.  Maybe LB's, maybe not.  Hell i'd rather have Tom Herman than Jumbo.      

I definitely thought Bo Davis and Jeff Banks would be rainmakers on the DL for 5 star prospects 

• Fuck You 6

10 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

“What they’re building” yet you’re afraid to make a $1k bet on aggy winning double digit games in year 5 of Jimbo. 

You’re all talk. How many years are you going to regurgitate the same “what they’re building” and “next year is the year” nonsense until they actually produce results? 

If you’re going to talk this much back it up with a bet. You constantly run your mouth about aggy building a powerhouse and this is the 2nd year in a row you’ve pussied out on a bet that’s more than fair. If aggy is building a powerhouse you shouldn’t be this afraid to take a bet on 10-2 or better in year 4 and 5 of a coach. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

You’ve been saying this shit for years. Literally any time they have mild success and then you disappear when they suck ass and do it all again the next year. They still look like shit until proven otherwise.

2 years ago he said aggy was a playoff team. They finished unranked. At least he’s done making dumb predictions that backfire in his face. 

15 hours ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

this is truly an incredible list + Hicks.

image.png.ea1923eb0dde416836b99f5535fe71a3.png

it is also totally and completely unsustainable. the portal changes everything, across the board. if you are a part time player playing well but not cracking the starting lineup, why stay there when you can go to say USC, start, and make $$$?

the odds of 100% of those players in the freshman list being on campus next year is zero.

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

2 years ago he said aggy was a playoff team. They finished unranked. At least he’s done making dumb predictions that backfire in his face. 

don't forget on the other site where he said Malik Jefferson, DeShon Elliott and Connor Williams would all come back to Texas for the 2018 season.

the man is a walking dumb prediction machine.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, NoName said:

don't forget on the other site where he said Malik Jefferson, DeShon Elliott and Connor Williams would all come back to Texas for the 2018 season.

the man is a walking dumb prediction machine.

Is this just a routine to try and troll? 

He was constantly in the Herman threads bitching about Herman going 8-3 and 8-4 but now he's fine with it in year 4 and 5 of Jimbo? His prediction of aggy "building a powerhouse" is amusing because he was straight up arguing in the Herman threads that a lack of top level success in year 4 is an indication a coach will never get there. Don't tell him this is year 5 of Jimbo.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, NoName said:

it is also totally and completely unsustainable. the portal changes everything, across the board. if you are a part time player playing well but not cracking the starting lineup, why stay there when you can go to say USC, start, and make $$$?

the odds of 100% of those players in the freshman list being on campus next year is zero.

I've always said they're following the Clemson model where the whole team identity was their d line. It works great but to win it all they still had to have 2 generational QBs to make a difference. Weigman may be good but he's not Watson/Lawrence good

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Is this just a routine to try and troll? 

He was constantly in the Herman threads bitching about Herman going 8-3 and 8-4 but now he's fine with it in year 4 and 5 of Jimbo? His prediction of aggy "building a powerhouse" is amusing because he was straight up arguing in the Herman threads that a lack of top level success in year 4 is an indication a coach will never get there. Don't tell him this is year 5 of Jimbo.  

i mean at this point we have many many years of shitty opinions from him. if he is a troll he is the absolutely worst to darken the doors of this site. he just had superbad opinions about most things.

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I've always said they're following the Clemson model where the whole team identity was their d line. It works great but to win it all they still had to have 2 generational QBs to make a difference. Weigman may be good but he's not Watson/Lawrence good

the other thing is Clemson had the buy in/family thing with Dabo that you never will get with Jimbo. A lot of the Clemson program is "come here, we will develop you" and then have the buy in for guys to stay 4 or 5 years. that isn't the Jimbo approach. plus a decade of Venables and better OCs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/26/2022 at 10:23 AM, LW Goatman said:

I'm surprised his son looks like him.

12 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Do we know this is actually Jimbo’s kid? 

I appreciate the humor, but you're about 3 days late, or maybe you saw the original comment and were wondering why no one has provided confirmation, in which case, my apologies.

6 hours ago, NoName said:

While the odds are likely lower than 100% they are certainly higher than zero, otherwise things like below wouldn't happen. I get it's Alabama, but that's a lot of talent that isn't seeing the field yet are still there when certainly options would exist elsewhere.  Maybe it changes this offseason, but the "atm" has a cash window that can compete with anyone.

image.png.e0e1921fa82eb6e6f45a3c00ef1dd171.png

4 hours ago, LonghornLurker said:

So much confidence from the team that lost to App State. Tsk, tsk. 

Dread it, run from it - 8-4 arrives all the same. 

I’d love for us to have finished 8-4 each year over the last 10 years. All we have to show this season so far is “but that 1 qtr with Ewers!” 

• Fuck You 18