Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

16 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Dude.....watch....the...tape

Also, Leech himself said it

Jimbo discussing Durkin and aggy defense:

A&M's base set is four defensive linemen with two linebackers and a five-man defensive backfield. It was a concept Fisher ran back during his time at Florida State and mastered with Elko during their four-year partnership. 

A&M coach Jimbo Fisher made it clear that the 4-2-5 scheme would remain intact regardless of defensive coordinator. 

“Defensive coordinators don’t bring in new schemes," Fisher said last month. "You ain’t changing everything. We’re going to run what we run.

"Recruits know the system is going to stay the same and four of your assistants are going to stay the same."

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’ve watched most atm games the last 20 years. I don’t need to “watch the tape” Liucci style. Quoting something Mike Leach said yesterday when he was obviously referencing the game he just played specifically isn’t proving your fucking point either. 

If you want to insist that atm has been playing a 3 man front for literally years including the Elko era you’re going to get justifiably eaten alive. 

https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/aggies-excited-about-4-2-5-defensive-scheme-under-mike-elko/article_574d3d0a-a255-11e8-8c5f-3bac4f26c0a9.html

Show me where I said "atm has been playing a 3 man front for literally years including the Elko era" . I'll wait. 

I said they mostly played a 3-man front last year against Miss St. That's clearly what the discussion was about. And Leech confirmed that when he said:

"They always line up in 3 man fronts and also give away what they are going to do. So truthfully, they have just handed it to me time and time again""

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

“Defensive coordinators don’t bring in new schemes," Fisher said last month. "You ain’t changing everything. We’re going to run what we run.

"Recruits know the system is going to stay the same and four of your assistants are going to stay the same."

Selling point?

spacer.png

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

You'd still like a source? Watch the 2021 game. It's not every down of course, but it's what they ran most of the time. 

Leach never said what you posted.  You do you posting bullshit.

A&M runs a 4DL front (an edge is usually standing) 90% of the time.  I've seen them break that for pass oriented teams like Miss St. 

If your comment is solely directed at Miss St, you are correct.

If your comment is directed at most other opponents , you are wrong.

I watch and gamble on a lot of aspects of A&M games because they are predictable ( all the way down to shit like Jefferson out passing Johnson; and taking the over yesterday).

• Hook 'Em 2

Makes sense, CTL. 

The guy in the Finebaum tape talking about A&M being great with NIL is a further needless reflection of how dull minded sports pundits are. I'll grant that they know more about facets of the actual game than I do, but how they can keep talking about A&M and NIL makes them sound like Aggies themselves. They've also just bought the absurd notion that A&M is wildly rich beyond Texas' dreams.

I'm reminded of how proud the Aggies were that they could come up with such a huge, stupid contract to attract Jimbo. There was no recognition of what this meant in terms of a simple market transaction.

I paid a movie star a hundred million dollars to marry me which means I must be the most desirable man in the world!

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Any chance Weigman bails this sinking ship and focuses on baseball full time?  I mean, if he's playing baseball in the spring, isn't he pretty much missing all of spring ball to learn Dumbo's complicated play book?

I don’t believe he played baseball this past season. Full participant in aggy spring football. The family has said over again and over again that Conner is 100% focused on football. So much so that no MLB teams drafted him. 

The kid is getting really poor advice. With all the supplemental picks, he probably would have gone in the first or second round of the MLB draft and he’d be sitting on a 7 figure nest egg. 

1 hour ago, SaucyJack said:

If your comment is solely directed at Miss St, you are correct.

If your comment is directed at most other opponents , you are wrong.

image.gif.ca80a803d91b5384bb146c1b9e794b75.gif

From 2 posts ago before you started arguing with me for no reason.....

5 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

...I said they mostly played a 3-man front last year against Miss St. That's clearly what the discussion was about.........

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I don’t believe he played baseball this past season. Full participant in aggy spring football. The family has said over again and over again that Conner is 100% focused on football. So much so that no MLB teams drafted him. 

By enrolling early at a&m he was not eligible for the MLB draft.

• Hook 'Em 2