2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Real talk?  We don’t want any part of the Yankees or Dodgers. I mean, I’m not saying we couldn’t win, but I’d just as soon someone else take care of them first. 

I agree with you about the Yankees and would be appreciative if the Rays took them out but if we got past Oak and then TB, fuck the Dodgers. I think the Astros have their number in the postseason and all the pressure would be on them. Would love to beat their ass in Arlington. (no disrespect BBGs, just talkin hypotheticals!)

58 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Real talk?  We don’t want any part of the Yankees or Dodgers. I mean, I’m not saying we couldn’t win, but I’d just as soon someone else take care of them first. 

I much prefer the Yankees over the Rays

the latter was Glasnow being a dumb duck and tipping his pitches away from taking us out last year and since, we’ve only gotten worse while they’ve stayed the same/gotten better

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Source?  Not saying this won't happen, but I have yet to see/hear from anyone that he is out for good.  

Yeah, I haven't seen anyone say anything beyond that he isn't pitching today

Edited by WBT

5 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

So get used to this. Prepare for the worst. The Astros are hitting like they did when they cheated. They could break this city’s hearts again.

THEY MUST BE CHEATING AGAIN IN OUR STADIUM

Is it really "their" stadium though?  2-2 vs the Astros and 1-2 vs the Red Sox.  Its a neutral site, at best.

If the Astros manage to make it to the WS, I'd rather it be at Dodger Stadium than at the Arlington Tractor Supply.  Even if the Dodgers are in it.

Edited by FondrenRoad

10 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Is it really "their" stadium though?  2-2 vs the Astros and 1-2 vs the Red Sox.  Its a neutral site, at best.

If the Astros manage to make it to the WS, I'd rather it be at Dodger Stadium than at the Arlington Tractor Supply.  Even if the Dodgers are in it.

Oh the “they even got the WS in their own state!” crowd will be out in full force (as astros fans in the Arlington tractor supply better be as well)

3 hours ago, msbesq said:

Greinke out of the playoffs with “arm soreness.”

Good thing we don't need him. Let's just not ever lose again.

ALCS go with Framber, Uriquidy, LMJ and Javier and be done with it.
Then- same go round with the World Series.  Thanks for the effort Zack. Hopefully see you next April to collect the ring along with JV in your civies.  

Who doesn't want to go with $65 million in dead money. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Good thing we don't need him. Let's just not ever lose again.

ALCS go with Framber, Uriquidy, LMJ and Javier and be done with it.
Then- same go round with the World Series.  Thanks for the effort Zack. Hopefully see you next April to collect the ring along with JV in your civies.  

Who doesn't want to go with $65 million in dead money. 

Hopefully those contracts are insured. Would be nice to have $65M to spend on Springer, Brantley, and some other bats.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Hopefully those contracts are insured. Would be nice to have $65M to spend on Springer, Brantley, and some other bats.

Yeah I would think we'll have insurance money coming next year to cover JV's salary.  That won't affect our standing vs the luxury tax threshold though so I'm not sure how much it will increase the amount that Crane will be willing to spend.

10 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yeah I would think we'll have insurance money coming next year to cover JV's salary.  That won't affect our standing vs the luxury tax threshold though so I'm not sure how much it will increase the amount that Crane will be willing to spend.

Correct on the LT, but it does give him some relief from real money, it's going to be tight. Of course it helps that almost your entire pitching staff in 2 years will be making probably $15M total.

Edited by HtownHorn